Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying 2005 STR

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of buying 2005 STR

How's it going everyone,

I just graduated college and looking for a fun car and would love to get some feedback from those with experience with STRs.

I just came back from seeing the car in person and it is a beauty. The owner is asking $7,000 with smog and "new" used tires or $6800 as is (no smog and front tire would need to be replaced soon). The STR has 87k miles on it and has been serviced regularly with a lot of parts replaced/repaired. He has paperwork for all the repairs but I don't have enough experience to tell each thing on the list apart. Black on Black with no exterior or interior damage except for scratches on one rim and normal wear on the driver seat.

My second option is financing a newer car from a dealership in guaranteed good condition but something about the STR makes the decision difficult for me. I've read enough to know that repairs on this vehicle can be costly if not done DIY and with help from this forum I am up to the task.

Is it worth the risk?
Any tips/advice will be appreciated, thanks.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:44 PM
SRT
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Not worth it unless you can and will do your own repairs, I would say.

But if you can, a very interesting CAR!

Old 06-27-2017, 11:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 595 Likes on 472 Posts

sounds like a good deal to me ! if your happy to learn and diy . then snap it up .
they are fantastic cars, but complicated . so if you look at the stickys at the top of the s type forum . you will see most of what you need to know and what to look out for . under how to's
you should start there .