S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 03:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

I think you underestimate the work here, seriously. Unless Jaguar will give you the layout of the MAPS (if they would, it will not be cheap), you will spend $$$ on coffee alone trying to search what you need to change if you don’t have already loads of experience programming the Denso chip.

You will have a little gold mine if you can do it for just $$ and some time (evethougn the ECU tuning will only give you a little bit), so prove it I would say ;-)

Old 11-18-2011, 04:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,531 Likes on 3,941 Posts

Originally Posted by avos
I think you underestimate the work here, seriously. Unless Jaguar will give you the layout of the MAPS (if they would, it will not be cheap), you will spend $$$ on coffee alone trying to search what you need to change if you don’t have already loads of experience programming the Denso chip.

You will have a little gold mine if you can do it for just $$ and some time (evethougn the ECU tuning will only give you a little bit), so prove it I would say ;-)
Damn. I forgot the cost of the coffee!!

It's not like I want to do this stuff (well, I'm kinda tempted but hey it looks like hard work). I suspect most of those claiming to tune these cars haven't done it, either. I don't think most of them even realise it's a Denso 32-bit PCM.......

Oh and I forgot the time to spend taking readings. Lots of time. Especially trying to understand them and how to do things that change them in the desired way!

My feeling is it would be far quicker to throw hardware in: change to TS (as you've done in the past), etc, and just see how the stock tune works out. Let it run rich at WOT, most probably. Still gonna need lots of time (but I think more $$$$ this way.)

Add an LSD. We know it can be done as TL Jaguar have done it for an STR.

As you've said: monitor IAT2. AFR would also be useful I guess.

Looks like a limited market as any mods probably don't work on the LS or Tbird.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I havent disappeared and we'll be working with the member that I spoke to above. You guys just have to be patient, I'm trying to get our schedule cleared up, so that we can start working on the jags. Sema and a swamp of cars has us in a whirl. I'll be setting up a time with the member next week.

The following users liked this post:
Bacardi 151 (11-18-2011)
Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey do you still need a Jaguar 3.0?

Old 11-28-2012, 05:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Originally Posted by Erick M. Godoy
Hey do you still need a Jaguar 3.0?
Erick, I am afraid that you are alot to late to the party. You have responded to a old thread.

Welcome to the forum. You should really follow forum protocol and post an introduction of yourself in the "New Member Section", also put your vehicle details in your signature.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did Wildcardfox ever develop the turbo kit for S-Type 3.0? I'm very curious and interested.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I very seriously doubt it. Why would he try to sell a part that costs as much as the car when the buyer could have better performance by buying a str?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,369 Likes on 1,867 Posts

I think this is like many who have come before.

Sure we can do a Jaguar! No problem we do million dollar cars all the time. It will be so simple because we know what we are doing!

Then you never hear from them again.

If it was simple it would have already been done.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by qwiketz
I very seriously doubt it. Why would he try to sell a part that costs as much as the car when the buyer could have better performance by buying a str?
I agree, I was scouting the STR and found one I liked in NJ. They guy told me to come by today at 4:30. I showed up and he sold the car to someone else at 4:10. I'm so down and out right now. The only thing I should be happy about is he offered 3,500 for my 01 S-Type 3.0 w/65K miles on it. I have over 3K of work done on it, so mechanically its runs real nice and I could probably get 7K sold privately. Maybe for the best I didn't trade mine and lose 3K on it?

I was so angry with guy I told him to give me the keys so I can try this car out coming all the way from queens. Lets just say that car is a BEAST and body wise the condition was excellent.

You think I should sell mine first privately for most money and then shop STR? I wanted that car so bad, even loved the color :-( Here is the link 2003 Jaguar S-Type - Used Car LODI NJ | Route 46 Auto

Old 01-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,364 Likes on 2,854 Posts

I'll never understand why guys continue to believe if they spend enough money, they can turn their V6 S-Type into a dragstrip champion. Not gonna happen, folks....

Old 01-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon89
I'll never understand why guys continue to believe if they spend enough money, they can turn their V6 S-Type into a dragstrip champion. Not gonna happen, folks....
Ah, but that is the lure to wrench on cars. To take them from mediocre to magnificent. Magazines are completely devoted to this paradigm, and so is an entire industry. One of the greatest frustrations of a man is that he cannot do the same with a woman.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

There are a bunch of these guys in that part of NJ.

Two and half years ago when I was looking I saw the cars they advertised and thought hey this might be OK and I at least wanted to take a drive. I was looking at XJR's at the same time. Well it seemed that they were always still doing something and it wasn't quite ready. Then when I did get to see them I found out the photos were taken in a nice location whereas their lots were absolute dumps. The very worst were the guys in Paterson.

IMHO these guys buy cars with real problems at auctions very cheaply and then they sort of repair them. Usually once you get there you're very disappointed in the condition of the car.

If you can sell it privately and then be willing to wait for the right opportunity, that's the best.

Also, be willing to travel if you want a really nice example.

I had the exact same thing happen to me a long time ago with a very rare car and he did give me ride in it. It only left me more heartbroken at what I had missed.

It sucks sometimes.

Best of luck and be patient.

Originally Posted by Acemaster5
I agree, I was scouting the STR and found one I liked in NJ. They guy told me to come by today at 4:30. I showed up and he sold the car to someone else at 4:10. I'm so down and out right now. The only thing I should be happy about is he offered 3,500 for my 01 S-Type 3.0 w/65K miles on it. I have over 3K of work done on it, so mechanically its runs real nice and I could probably get 7K sold privately. Maybe for the best I didn't trade mine and lose 3K on it?

I was so angry with guy I told him to give me the keys so I can try this car out coming all the way from queens. Lets just say that car is a BEAST and body wise the condition was excellent.

You think I should sell mine first privately for most money and then shop STR? I wanted that car so bad, even loved the color :-( Here is the link 2003 Jaguar S-Type - Used Car LODI NJ | Route 46 Auto

Acemaster5 (01-10-2013)
Old 01-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

To be honest, even the STR is ok at best for performance. But that is not why we buy them

Old 01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon89
Why not? Yea, it costs money. And no, not a financial return. But like mentioned before, there are people that actually enjoy stuff like that. It's their hobby and people shouldn't judge...

There are guys that have taken Challenger/Charger/300 V6's into the 300+ HP range...yet 5.7 Hemi's are a dime a dozen...and really easy to drop into any LX car. They do it out of passion for the hobby.... and actually get help from the V8 guys......

Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Staatsof
There are a bunch of these guys in that part of NJ.

Two and half years ago when I was looking I saw the cars they advertised and thought hey this might be OK and I at least wanted to take a drive. I was looking at XJR's at the same time. Well it seemed that they were always still doing something and it wasn't quite ready. Then when I did get to see them I found out the photos were taken in a nice location whereas their lots were absolute dumps. The very worst were the guys in Paterson.

IMHO these guys buy cars with real problems at auctions very cheaply and then they sort of repair them. Usually once you get there you're very disappointed in the condition of the car.

If you can sell it privately and then be willing to wait for the right opportunity, that's the best.

Also, be willing to travel if you want a really nice example.

I had the exact same thing happen to me a long time ago with a very rare car and he did give me ride in it. It only left me more heartbroken at what I had missed.

It sucks sometimes.

Best of luck and be patient.

Well it definitely worked out for the best. I bought a 06 STR (Platinum Silver) today in practically flawless condition. Going from 01 ST 3.0 is night and day. This car is a beast and looks beautiful. I like this better than 03 STR with the newer looking front end among other mechanical upgrades that started with the 05 STR. Weather was bad today, hopefully get some nice pictures to post this weekend.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member

Congratulations and enjoy the new (to you) car.

I like the 03 versions too just a bit different looking.

Acemaster5 (01-15-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Michael Star
To be honest, even the STR is ok at best for performance. But that is not why we buy them
I think some folks have become jaded ... ?

Unless you're drag racing like some crazy doctor on here this thing is more than ample to navigate quite swiftly on the road. Sure there's stuff I'd like improved (you've seen me post about this) but given the purchase price used I have no right to complain.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Received 251 Likes on 169 Posts

Congrats on the 06 STR, now post some pics!!!

I too love some of the updates they made in 05+, most notably the gauge cluster,

but as far as exterior styling is concerned, 03-04 cars hands down for me. More aggressive looking body work and less audi-a4 looking curvy rear end,

By 06-08, the STR production numbers were about 600 units a year... All the more rare machines today, so certainly do enjoy your new ride!

Acemaster5 (01-15-2013)
Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by GT42R
Congrats on the 06 STR, now post some pics!!!

I too love some of the updates they made in 05+, most notably the gauge cluster,

but as far as exterior styling is concerned, 03-04 cars hands down for me. More aggressive looking body work and less audi-a4 looking curvy rear end,

By 06-08, the STR production numbers were about 600 units a year... All the more rare machines today, so certainly do enjoy your new ride!
Hey, thanks for the kind words. The weather in NY hasn't been kind so she's a bit dirty. Going to clean her up this weekend and take some pics :-)

Old 04-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildcardfox
Hi, I've developed a turbo kit for the DEW98 platform which covers the Lincoln LS, Jaguar S-Type and Jaguar XF...

I already have two Lincoln LS' with turbo kits installed, and I'm looking to see if I can get with someone in the Socal Area to make sure that the kit works with the S-Type Jaguar. Mainly to see if any changes need to be made to adapt to the different makes.

here's a link to the tread on the lincoln site,

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=67716

Just making sure that we've been able to test the kit out on a Jaguar instead of just assuming it will work. So looking for someone to help us finish our testing.

If anyone is interested please contact me via pm here, lincolnvscadillac, or theturboforums.com under wildcardfox

thanks
What city are you in? Have a 2009 jaguar xf.

Quick Reply: Turbo kit