S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Useful tip

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Useful tip

Hi all, just got back from 2000 mile trip round trip to south of France, the brainless bint I live with gave her 3yr old grandson who was in the rear, a ballpoint pen to draw with, which he obliged and draw over my previously unmarked ivory leather upholstry! I spent most of the holiday trying to remove the work of art with every spray,cleaner, solvent,potion, that our holiday hosts had in their kitchen/garage.Non of it was very successful until I tried hairspray, the brand was vidal sassoon, whether that makes a difference I don,t know but now my ivory lather is back to A1 condition .
Hope this helps someone
Bob
p.s It dosn,t work on black eyes according to the brainless one!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by bt965
Hi all, just got back from 2000 mile trip round trip to south of France, the brainless bint I live with gave her 3yr old grandson who was in the rear, a ballpoint pen to draw with, which he obliged and draw over my previously unmarked ivory leather upholstry! I spent most of the holiday trying to remove the work of art with every spray,cleaner, solvent,potion, that our holiday hosts had in their kitchen/garage.Non of it was very successful until I tried hairspray, the brand was vidal sassoon, whether that makes a difference I don,t know but now my ivory lather is back to A1 condition .
Hope this helps someone
Bob
p.s It dosn,t work on black eyes according to the brainless one!
From my previous vehicles message board they say on the lighter colored interiors use the Mr. Clean magic eraser. I have not used it personally yet, will be using it this weekend actually. I had the darker colored interior in my previous car and now that I have charcoal my seats look a little dingy so I'm gonna give it a whirl. They said get some good leather cleaner and conditioner to follow up with as the leather will dry out when you are using it. I'll post up some pics this weekend when I give it a try and let everyone know how that does. I would use some good leather conditioner to follow up that hairspray with you dont want to dry out the leather since its an animal hide it will crack really fast.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:21 PM
VMV
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Smile

Thanks for the tips. I think I would have been tempted to b%^&-slap the pair, LOL That way no repeats.
Sorry, couldn't help myself
VMV

Old 08-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would of done some bad things if it was me

Old 08-25-2010, 01:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,527 Likes on 3,937 Posts

What a horror story. But thanks for the tip.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Hmm, I may have to try the Mr Clean Magic eraser I have prints all over my door panels and such. Gotta love light color interior.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,356 Likes on 2,849 Posts

"Brainless bint", huh? Never heard that one here across the pond. Love it. Think I'll test it on my wife the next time she pulls something stupid and see if she loves it as well....

Glad you got the ink stains out. As previously mentioned, be sure to follow up with a good quality leather conditioner to finish the job and help prevent eventual cracking....

Old 08-25-2010, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon89
"Brainless bint", huh? Never heard that one here across the pond. Love it. Think I'll test it on my wife the next time she pulls something stupid and see if she loves it as well....

Glad you got the ink stains out. As previously mentioned, be sure to follow up with a good quality leather conditioner to finish the job and help prevent eventual cracking....
Jon,

You really do want to get hurt. If she ever found out what the British Urban Dictionary meaning was you had best run for your life, bad knees or not.

Mike

Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,356 Likes on 2,849 Posts

Hey Mike,

No pain, no gain....

One night about six weeks ago I had way too much of her homemade chili for dinner and dreamed that she stabbed me in the back with a steak knife while I was asleep in bed. Unfortunately for her, the blade was too short and just wound up puncturing my left lung and pissing me off. I woke up gasping for air and realized it was just a dream. Told her about it at dinnertime several days later. She thought it was funny and made a mental note to be sure to use her 15-inch turkey-carving knife next time. I should have kept my chili-induced dream to myself....

We had another batch of her homemade chili for dinner again last night. I quit after just one bowl this time. Slept like a baby (which may eventually cost me my life)....

Old 08-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Hey Mike,

No pain, no gain....

One night about six weeks ago I had way too much of her homemade chili for dinner and dreamed that she stabbed me in the back with a steak knife while I was asleep in bed. Unfortunately for her, the blade was too short and just wound up puncturing my left lung and pissing me off. I woke up gasping for air and realized it was just a dream. Told her about it at dinnertime several days later. She thought it was funny and made a mental note to be sure to use her 15-inch turkey-carving knife next time. I should have kept my chili-induced dream to myself....

We had another batch of her homemade chili for dinner again last night. I quit after just one bowl this time. Slept like a baby (which may eventually cost me my life)....
Jon,

You need to lock up the knives and tell your wife to lay off the hallucinogens in the chili. I can only guess your reaction to her brownies.

Mike

Old 08-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

"Brainless bint", huh? Never heard that one here across the pond. Love it. Think I'll test it on my wife the next time she pulls something stupid and see if she loves it as well...
I think the brainless part may give her a clue.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,150 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by Mafioso
...devirginized within the first hour of ownership
what does this actually entail? (remember, censorship applies) lol

Old 08-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for all the replies. Just to enlighten the colonial members in the New World, the word "Bint" is an affectionate term used mainly now in the West Midlands and north east regions of the U.K .
In the past it would be used to discribe females with low moral standards, now it,s usually preceded by the words stupid, thick, brainless or daft . In some circumstances it may be necessary to use all of these depending on the severity of the imbecility shown by the female.
The origins of the word are Arabic
Regard Bob

Old 08-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Originally Posted by bt965
Thanks for all the replies. Just to enlighten the colonial members in the New World, the word "Bint" is an affectionate term used mainly now in the West Midlands and north east regions of the U.K .
In the past it would be used to discribe females with low moral standards, now it,s usually preceded by the words stupid, thick, brainless or daft . In some circumstances it may be necessary to use all of these depending on the severity of the imbecility shown by the female.
The origins of the word are Arabic
Regard Bob
That'll be Aberdeen and Peterhead then?

Old 08-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Good old-fashioned methylated spirit has always shifted ball-point pen stains for me.
Leedsman.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm wondering if the Magic Eraser would work on the silver trim around the windows.... ?