S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

USFidelis Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21,779 Likes on 8,748 Posts

What I found out a couple of decades ago on extended warranties is that the company may have a requirement that they MUST be notified BEFORE any work is to be done. I found out after I had some minor (covered) work done and I called them to be reimbursed. The guy from the warranty co. denied me my claim telling me that they are to be notified beforehand. The next time I needed a covered repair, I had the shop call the company and they covered it, no problem. Lesson learned.
The comments above about claims being denied may be what I just described.
The company I now have is "Easy Care" and they did say that any warranty work to be done, they must be contacted first. The dealer where I got my Jag. "sold" me the warranty and if anything goes wrong, they will be held responsible.
Greg561, check out Easy Care also....

Old 05-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way that would be worth it would be if it covered normal wear and tear parts, brakes and tires go fast on these cars!

Old 05-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greg561
I would love to find out who that company is, let me know when you find.
Also, have you made any claims? If so how was it handled? I am just having a big problem paying almost 5K for a warranty.

Thanks for the input.
I sent you a private message that I hope helps! I looked at the $3500-$5000 warranties through the dealer and wouldn't have bought the car without coming into this one.

Last edited by XKR 100 Coupe; 05-31-2009 at 05:44 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

http://www.continentalwarrantyinc.co...ch_service.pdf

Here is a copy of the program i have. I have the Gold w/the optional supercharger coverage. Also i didnt realize this at first, but you cannot just buy it online. You have to go to a dealer that sells the warranty to purchase it. Although they will send you to the nearest dealer that sells it if need be. Just throwing out the info for others so you can make a better decision. I paid 2500 for 5 yrs/60k miles protection. with 100 deductible.

Also checked them out on the BBB and they are rated with an A. And there have been a couple issues with them, as i did research them very deeply, and i found not too much bad about them at all. Soooooooo i called them today, as i have an issue with my car, and they asked me to just take it to the dealer and have them call them first before starting any work on the car. Also i have rental through the company, and also towing if it cant be driven which i didnt even know. And they answered the call within 5 rings. Which i thought was pretty damn quick.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Default First claim expereince on extended warranty

Originally Posted by Greg561
I would love to find out who that company is, let me know when you find.
Also, have you made any claims? If so how was it handled? I am just having a big problem paying almost 5K for a warranty.

Thanks for the input.
Hi Greg,
I had my first claim last week. During the 60K required maintenance, they found that I had leaking valve cover gaskets and 2 transmission leaks; one at an electrical connector and another at the extension housing seal. The owner of the place I took the car said the warranty company was easy to work with and approved the work right away. In his experience, it is not uncommon for the warranty company to send an independent investigator to verify that the repairs are necessary. They covered 100% parts and labor after my $100 deductible. Total bill was around $1200± for those repairs, so they ponied up about $1100.
I also rented a car for the time the car was in the shop. I haven't turned in the receipt for that yet, but my policy should cover up to $30 per day for car rental during covered repairs. (Good luck renting anything for $30 a day! The rental will cost me $20 out of pocket, but that's a lot better than the total: $80±)
I was also getting a low coolant signal and that was caused by a broken fitting/nipple which was not covered under the warranty. The owner of the shop worked with the warranty company and I specifically asked him how they were to work with. He said he was impressed. They were quick, polite, and didn't require the independent verification even though the total was over $1000. I had given him a copy of the warranty coverage and he asked me what I paid for the warranty. When I told him, he said I did really well to get this coverage at that price.
Based on this experience, I would recommend the company to anyone considering buying a used Jaguar. If anyone wants details for my warranty, just PM me.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:44 PM

I believe that extended (non factory) warranties are a form of dollar trading and are generally a poor value. A guideline in the purchase of insurance is don't insure something you can afford to lose. Insure the high end, not the low end. For example on housing buy earthquake insurance (if applicable) and save money through a high deductable. There will be instances where extended warranties are a good value, but I think for most people they are not. One has to think of not only the premium but the time value of money. In my experience, I have never purchased an extended warranty, and I am in the area of $15K ahead over the past 20 years. Sure I have had my share of repairs, but nothing close to the total amount of premiums.