S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using z max in jaguar engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Using z max in jaguar engine

I jost bought a bottle of zmax engine formula because a friend of mine told me he tried it on his car (Mustange GT) and said it works and that he could feel the difference. Is it ok to use on jags?

2003 Jaguar S-Type 3.0

Old 02-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidRey
I jost bought a bottle of zmax engine formula because a friend of mine told me he tried it on his car (Mustange GT) and said it works and that he could feel the difference. Is it ok to use on jags?

2003 Jaguar S-Type 3.0
Its not ok to use on any car...do not ever put anything like that in your engine..it is ALL a waste of time and money. There is a better chance of causing harm, not good. Its easy to find countless arcticles on the web about the uselessness of all of these types of products. In fact it is documented thay most of these companies have had lawsuits filed because of false claims.

Oil goes into your engine..thats it

Old 02-21-2011, 07:37 PM

read and learn young skywalker .....http://www.carbibles.com/additives.html

Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Received 2,193 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Ill weigh in on this

Engine restore=has worked very well for me on engines with known ring seal issues. Bringing up and leveling compression out as Ive run before and after compression tests

Lucas stop leak products= worked every time Ive used power steering stop lk, oil stop leak hit or miss depending on severity and location

Slick 50 engine oil additive= drove Suburban 60 miles with no water in it as the head cracked. I had a replacement 383 engine waiting to go it so I just drove it home. It was definitly cooking and creaking when I got home. Shut off and engine locked. Let it cool and started right up ran great. While it wasnt out of oil. it was definitly WAY above operating temps

Zmax= I get this stuff at work and have changed oil in the Jag 2 times over the years and added. Then went on 2 different log trips. Both times I LOST 2 mpg avg, changed the oil and left it out and mpg came back up to before. Ive never used since..Nor does anyone else in the shop and its free or depending on how you look at it
I still recommend Lucas and Engine Restore but only due to my personal use and experiance

Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutal
Ill weigh in on this

Engine restore=has worked very well for me on engines with known ring seal issues. Bringing up and leveling compression out as Ive run before and after compression tests

Lucas stop leak products= worked every time Ive used power steering stop lk, oil stop leak hit or miss depending on severity and location

Slick 50 engine oil additive= drove Suburban 60 miles with no water in it as the head cracked. I had a replacement 383 engine waiting to go it so I just drove it home. It was definitly cooking and creaking when I got home. Shut off and engine locked. Let it cool and started right up ran great. While it wasnt out of oil. it was definitly WAY above operating temps

Zmax= I get this stuff at work and have changed oil in the Jag 2 times over the years and added. Then went on 2 different log trips. Both times I LOST 2 mpg avg, changed the oil and left it out and mpg came back up to before. Ive never used since..
I still recommend Lucas and Engine Restore but only due to my personal use and experiance
Brutal thanks for confirming on using Lucas and Engine REstore that gave you positive results. I just like to add that "Bars REar Main Seal leak Sealant" is an excellent product also if you have a engine rear main seal leak. It worked wonders on my cars and saved me a lot money, everyone knows what a PIA job that can be.

Cheers!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:08 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Its garbage. The only one i can say that ever worked was Auto-RX. We pulled apart the oil filters after 3000 miles with that stuff in there, and there was so much junk in the filter it was unreal.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

I think I'd try 4 oz of leprechaun urine. But holding the jar to collect it is a real b*tch.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Received 2,266 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidRey

2003 Jaguar S-Type 3.0
You need to get less gullible or naive friends. It will save you thousands in the long run.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by 08Z06
Its garbage. The only one i can say that ever worked was Auto-RX. We pulled apart the oil filters after 3000 miles with that stuff in there, and there was so much junk in the filter it was unreal.
Actually I agree..I 'would" put that in my engine..but for the specific purpose it is designed for. I have an unused bottle waiting for warmer weather. It is marketed as an internal cleaner, and it does just that and well, and it has specific instructions, even, on which oil to use based off of much research and testing(penzoil platinum full syn)and i have spoken at length with the owner..very cool guy.

all that zmax//slick50/duralube and all that crap is designed for is to "market" toward ignorance to collect $$$