S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration while turning

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration while turning

So I just got a 2006 Jag S-type 3.0 from a private seller. It still has the Jaguar Select Edition warranty for a month.

I noticed that when I make wide turns (as in any turn that isn't just changing lanes on the street) I notice that the car starts to shake. I wasn't sure what it was. The vibration comes from the front end of the car.

I showed it to someone I know who is a mechanic at a Toyota dealer, but he said its just my tires skipping (?).

I would like to show it to my Jag dealer since it might be something covered under the Select Edition Warranty. But if it is not, they will charge me a $180 diag charge just to look at it.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before with their cat?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,538 Likes on 3,947 Posts

With a race against time with the warranty you may want to read a LOT of the forum in a hurry to see what to try to get done before the warranty runs out. You'll need to document things so the dealer can't dodge issues, I reckon.

I'd hate to guess what the current problem is but I wouldn't be asking or listening to a Toyota dealer!!!

Old 10-11-2011, 12:20 PM

lol, i just asked him cause he is my neighbor and has more knowledge about cars than me, even if he is a toyota mechanic.

i was just seeing if there was something specific i should point the jag dealer to look into that might be causing the problem. my friend who has an xj told me to do so, since they might just charge me a diag charge and say nothing is wrong and send me home.

so far, the only thing i found that might be another issue i can complain about is a small leak in a coolant pipe. but that, unfortunately, not covered under the warranty. luckily, it seems like an easy job i can do myself.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by catsrkool
So I just got a 2006 Jag S-type 3.0 from a private seller. It still has the Jaguar Select Edition warranty for a month.

I noticed that when I make wide turns (as in any turn that isn't just changing lanes on the street) I notice that the car starts to shake. I wasn't sure what it was. The vibration comes from the front end of the car.

I showed it to someone I know who is a mechanic at a Toyota dealer, but he said its just my tires skipping (?).

I would like to show it to my Jag dealer since it might be something covered under the Select Edition Warranty. But if it is not, they will charge me a $180 diag charge just to look at it.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before with their cat?
I don't know if you are experiencing the same problem, but click on the link below and see if it applies...

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...symptom-56381/

Cheers...

Old 10-13-2011, 10:15 PM

okay...so i guess other people have the same issue. I guess its nothing too much to worry about then. thanks for pointing this out.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member

Is it only at full lock AND very slow speed (say 2mph)? If not, more details please.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:09 PM

Yes, it occurs when I am making turns at slow speeds.

I wouldn't say that they are full lock turns, as if I turned the steering wheel to its max end, though.

I notice it happening when I get in/out of vertical parking spots. Or when I make right or left turns onto different streets.

Feels kind of strange to me cause I don't think its normal. I actually did take it to the Jaguar dealer this morning, and they sent me home claiming that it was normal. Haha...I really don't think it is, and I do want it repaired if it can be with my warranty before it ends in about a month or so.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JagV8
Is it only at full lock AND very slow speed (say 2mph)? If not, more details please.
Sorry to poke my now in this thread and instead of helping, asking for help

I have this issue with my car, is there any recall for this? (This started happening after flushing and refilling power steering + adding Jag Magic juice for PS. Noise has gone but I'm left with this shudder :S... Can you give me direction?

Thanks a lot,
Rizwan

Old 10-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

I think a power steering hose was replaced as part of a TSB. I wonder if it might not have been done? Can't recall the TSB, sorry. The hose on mine looks to have been part C2C35050

Regardless, what you have is not what my car does.

I suppose wrong alignment might also cause it and as you should know from the forum alignments are often done wrongly on our cars.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks Man, I'll have a shop look at it if this is Alignment issue, the hose as you said or anything else.

Thanks a lot.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

drain your power steering fluid and refill it, it breaks down over time and it can def help with this. find the right fluid on here (sorry i dont know the correct specs at this hour) and get a large syringe type of device, suck it out from under the hood in the reservoir and refill it with fresh fluid.