S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water leakage evident, but where is it coming from?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leakage evident, but where is it coming from?

I have a 2000 S-type (3.0L) and I'm beginning to feel the "Jaguar Jinx" that alot of my fellow owners have experienced!

I recently discovered (after several weeks of heavy rain) that both of my rear passenger footwells are saturated with water. And not only that, there is a pool of water that has collected under the rear seat (passenger side only).

Fortunately I haven't experienced any electrical system issues because of this, but I also haven't driven the car in a few weeks.

I have a sunroof and the seal appears to be in good condition. I haven't checked the drains yet, but I'm thinking they're probably pretty clean since I don't think that my late uncle ever used the sunroof.

Front driver side footwell was moderately damp. I don't believe there was any moisture in the front passenger footwell.

Prior to these past few weeks of heavy rain, I have noticed that whenever we've had rain, the driver side passenger door sill traps water. It doesn't seem to drain into the footwell, however.

Oh yeah, this was odd ... I took my car to the carwash (ONCE) and after leaving, I had to stop for a red light. Whoosh! A big splash of water came out of the overhead dome light! Never happened since then - as I've hand washed the car at home.

Ok folks ... I'm counting on ya! Tell me where I should be looking.

And if anyone's interested in buying this baby from me, you are welcome to make me an offer! It's Carnival Red, it's fully loaded with the Navigation system, CD unit, Cassette player, everything! It's got approx 30K on it and was rarely driven (and no rust anywhere!)

Thanks!!