S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waterless Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The poly organic Antifreeze you can put in any type of car or truck or anything that uses antifreeze if you have a bobcat you can use this antifreeze you have a semi truck you can use this same antifreeze . It's a superior antifreeze that will last long and protect your engine better. There are a lot of test out there that support this. I know it's very new to the market just like Ford GO5 ANTIFREEZE was to about 10 years ago that how the universal antifreeze came to be that y it's yellow in Colorado for it can mix with different antifreeze. Now there is a new antifreeze that will take over the market in time. Just like the gold universal antifreeze did.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
The later S Type use Dex-Cool so it's cheap and just about everywhere.

Yes you don't need the DOT 5.1 Brake fluid but some people like to use better stuff even if it's not needed. I do that with Mobil 1. Just because I want to use synthetic oil.
I feel you on the better stuff better protection I use Mobile 1 as well .

Old 08-10-2014, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by JagV8

Mine's had OE-equivalent for over 5 years and is fine. Does my 5 trump your 3, well by your logic yes. Except the OE is made to last 10 isn't it...

Seems to me you're pushing a "fix" for a non-existent problem. I could as easily use snake oil.
Well I guess you do for now but the product just came out 3 years ago so will talk in 5 more years LOL. OE is made for 3 years some antifreeze that is equivalent last 5 years. I'm not telling anybody what to use just telling them there is a better antifreeze that will last longer and protect better and with out any ( Nitrite, Amine,Phosphate, Silicate ).

I know you said u been using your OE-equivalent for 5 Years have you done any top offs or a coolant flush in that five years are replace a water pump.

This new antifreeze does not need to be flush for 10 years the protection Will last that long and the other antifreeze will lose the protection capability in a few years.

But until you try it you will never know.

Any how nice talking to you. Hope You understand were I'm coming from. Just letting ppl know there is a better antifreeze. But not telling anybody to run out and buy it. Use what you want.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,548 Likes on 3,957 Posts

OE is NOT made for 3 years. That's just plain wrong.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:29 PM

OE is NOT made for 3 years. That's just plain wrong.
You know your right sorry I was thinking of a different antifreeze but the miles on it is only 150,000 miles.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Veteran Member

Hardly any of the cars have done that sort of mileage - see the thread about it.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:37 PM

Hardly any of the cars have done that sort of mileage - see the thread about it.
I put 40,000 miles on my jag with the poly antifreeze I went to new Mexico a few times I go up to the mountains and never any issues with the cooling system.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:40 PM

When I got my jag i did change the water pump and the plastic reservoir. 5 years then 3 years ago I flush the system and put the poly antifreeze and till this day it test a looks like the 1 st day I put in.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:36 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rickyrich007
I put 40,000 miles on my jag with the poly antifreeze I went to new Mexico a few times I go up to the mountains and never any issues with the cooling system.
That's great but I've put 45,000 on my car in 5 years using OE coolant with no problems. Honestly, the OE is fine. No snake oil extra stuff is needed. Just read the 1000s of posts and you will NOT find people complaining that the OE causes problems. It simply doesn't. We've had a few people with 200,000+ miles on their cars, using the OE coolant, with no problems due to that coolant.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:55 AM

That's great but I've put 45,000 on my car in 5 years using OE coolant with no problems. Honestly, the OE is fine. No snake oil extra stuff is needed. Just read the 1000s of posts and you will NOT find people complaining that the OE causes problems. It simply doesn't. We've had a few people with 200,000+ miles on their cars, using the OE coolant, with no problems due to that coolant.
On my earlier post you still didn't answer my question if you ever had to change your water pump . I'm sure u have and in sure a few ppl with 200,000 miles have change a hose or a water and you can call It Ware in tear but you are not a mechanic or a chemist or ever rebuilt engine so you wouldn't know what those chemicals do overtime . This antifreeze was designed to protect corrosion from the chemicals wear down. This Antifreeze has past a the John deer test with flying colors. And has surpassed any other antifreeze out there.

But you will never understand so at this point it's like talking to somebody that does not understand the chemistry in and won't ever understand.

And you will never understand what phosphates and silicates do to a engine over time.

And by the way I do see a lot of post about people having problems with overheating and the cooling system. With very low miles on some cars.

PPL are scared of change when it comes down to it. But you don't work in the industry to understand whats going on in the auto and diesel market and where nitrates are hurting new cars. And y this new antifreeze it's making its way out there .

Old 08-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Veteran Member

I'm still on the original water pump.

You sure must have some weird reason for endlessly pushing that stuff. I'll use it if or when I have a car where it's OE-recommended or the OE stuff has a really bad reputation, which the OE S-Type coolant doesn't have.

Now, those overheating problems... for S-Types where are they? You're not counting the guys whose fans don't work I hope and also not counting the a/c failures. So what's left?

Last edited by JagV8; 08-12-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Water pump or other cooling system problems on these cars that could have been prevented by the use of a different type of coolant just don't exist.

Again- it's a solution in search of a problem.

Ricky- many of the posters here are highly experienced technicians, mechanics, engineers etc. with decades of experience. This is not generally an audience of 16 year olds that believe every bit of advertising hype that comes. No offence to any 16 year olds.

Last edited by Mikey; 08-12-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I also hope you guys are using the Royal Purple. It made my engine last almost as long as my conventional oil. Great stuff. I swear by it.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

On my earlier post you still didn't answer my question if you ever had to change your water pump . I'm sure u have and in sure a few ppl with 200,000 miles have change a hose or a water and you can call It Ware in tear but you are not a mechanic or a chemist or ever rebuilt engine so you wouldn't know what those chemicals do overtime . This antifreeze was designed to protect corrosion from the chemicals wear down. This Antifreeze has past a the John deer test with flying colors. And has surpassed any other antifreeze out there.

But you will never understand so at this point it's like talking to somebody that does not understand the chemistry in and won't ever understand.

And you will never understand what phosphates and silicates do to a engine over time.

And by the way I do see a lot of post about people having problems with overheating and the cooling system. With very low miles on some cars.

PPL are scared of change when it comes down to it. But you don't work in the industry to understand whats going on in the auto and diesel market and where nitrates are hurting new cars. And y this new antifreeze it's making its way out there .
Oem is already given 10 years of service life by Jaguar and it is free of silicate, nitrite, borate, phosphate, nitrate and amines, so you are right that JagV8 will not see any issues there on the water pump ;-)

Am certainly not afraid to try something else, and I would even consider waterless coolant like evans. I really like some aspects of it, the lower toxicity levels amongst others, the high performance aspects and zero pressure.

Although on paper it all looks good what you say of poats, the OEM coolant does suffice already very well for most of us (not many need 750Kmiles protection) and it doesn’t contain the nasty additives you mention that are harmful, where I can understand it would make a difference for commercial vehicle fleets.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by avos

Am certainly not afraid to try something else, and I would even consider waterless coolant like evans. I really like some aspects of it, the lower toxicity levels amongst others, the high performance aspects and zero pressure.

Not sure where the idea of zero pressure came from- it's just not true. Even the manufacturers make no such claim.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mikey
Not sure where the idea of zero pressure came from- it's just not true. Even the manufacturers make no such claim.
As far as I know Evans claims it, but even if it would be a little pressure (ie small expansion), its way WAY less than the oem or other water containing coolants. It was fun to see the XKR I converted running without the pressure cap, where you just couldn't see the level of coolant raising.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 PM

Well no OEM dealer will say there antifreeze is a bad antifreeze because the liability and getting sued look at dex with all there issues they won't say it's not a good antifreeze because they been using it well over a decade. If Ford or GM or other imports would claim there antifreeze had any issues they would more then like have a lot of repair to do.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:18 PM

Oem is already given 10 years of service life by Jaguar and it is free of silicate, nitrite, borate, phosphate, nitrate and amines, so you are right that JagV8 will not see any issues there on the water pump ;-)

Although on paper it all looks good what you say of poats, the OEM coolant does suffice already very well for most of us (not many need 750Kmiles protection) and it doesn’t contain the nasty additives you mention that are harmful, where I can understand it would make a difference for commercial vehicle fleets.

Just my 2 cents.
Yeah and jaguar also said seal for life on the transmission. LOL.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:25 PM

As far as I know Evans claims it, but even if it would be a little pressure (ie small expansion), its way WAY less than the oem or other water containing coolants. It was fun to see the XKR I converted running without the pressure cap, where you just couldn't see the level of coolant raising.
The Evans coolant expands and contracts no differently than any other liquid. The ONLY difference is the point at which it boils.

Taking the cap off to watch the level rise with conventional coolant is a bit of a circus sideshow slight of hand trick that's not comparable to actual running conditions. It induces a condition that does not exist when the cap is in place.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah and jaguar also said seal for life on the transmission. LOL.
Predictable response of course, which I expected.

You fail to see the difference here; the gearbox suppliers provided the guarantee for the filled for life setup, and experience has learned all it wasn't the right decision. Yet there are no issues with the oem coolant, which is why jaguar over time has been more confident to increase the service life.

Quick Reply: Waterless Coolant