Sponsored by:

Well I'm back here but I kinda pulled a Jeff Osworth :P

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Well I'm back here but I kinda pulled a Jeff Osworth :P

Hey guys,

So I've been away from the forums for a while for a few reasons.

1) Traveling for work. - Was abroad for 2 weeks..
2) The sudden passing of my cousin at 30 years old. - Ended up taking an extra week and going to Greece.
3) Work issues related to me being in the middle of getting a new job...

Things are settled out, I'm back in the states, and work is somewhat stable.

So now that all the excuses are up, I'm back. BUT with a twist. I ended up buying a new car.

I still have the S-Type (and the X-Type) - X is for sale, S might be.

But here's the new toy.

2009 BMW 535i
3.0l Twin Turbo - 44k mi
20" VMR 124 wheels
H&R Coilover suspension

I have all the stock parts too, wheels, suspension etc...

It was purchased from a good friend of mine who is a physician and decided he wanted the new Mercedes CLS.

\

Hope all is well with you guys! I have a few loose ends to tie up, but I'll still be around.

Take care,

George

Attached Thumbnails Well I'm back here but I kinda pulled a Jeff Osworth :P-img_0550.jpg   Well I'm back here but I kinda pulled a Jeff Osworth :P-img_0551.jpg   Well I'm back here but I kinda pulled a Jeff Osworth :P-img_0552.jpg   Well I'm back here but I kinda pulled a Jeff Osworth :P-img_0553.jpg   Well I'm back here but I kinda pulled a Jeff Osworth :P-img_0554.jpg  

Well I'm back here but I kinda pulled a Jeff Osworth :P-img_0555.jpg  
Old 07-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,007 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  19.3 KB

George, first off, sorry to hear about the difficulties in your life at the moment and hope things even out for you real soon.

Members like you are missed George and it's great to have you back!

Congrats on the new car too....looks awesome.

Hopefully you'll be sticking around JF for some time to come whether you sell the Jags or not......you'll always be welcome here at JF

Jim

Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Veteran member
Received 251 Likes on 220 Posts

Nice! I love the 535s but boo to not being a manual.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,642 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Welcome back, George! You've been missed. Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Hope all is settling out, now. Nice new ride.....but I hope you hold onto the "S" so you kinda stay anchored here on the forum....

Old 07-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,359 Likes on 2,850 Posts

Welcome back, George. Due to your extended absence from the forum, I wondered if perhaps you had family issues in Greece. My condolences on the loss of your cousin at only 30 years of age....

Enjoy the BMW (looks like it will be a bear to keep clean, though). I also hope that you decide to keep the S-Type....

Old 07-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

Condolences for the loss of your cousin. 30 y.o? Wow, why so young? The 535 is sweet. Use her well.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

my condolences as well, did you ever get that parts car?? i know alot of guys were hoping to score some parts on that other thread.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss and other problems but glad you are back.

Every German car I have worked on (mostly VWs) has been a PITA. Good luck with the Beemer.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Welcome back George - sorry for your loss, I've been there myself this year and it is hard.

Nice ride - but don't get lured by the Dark Side......

Old 07-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Welcome back George, as stated by everyone above, my sincere condolences for you and your family.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Welcome back, and so sorry to hear about your cousin. =(

Old 07-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Nice to see you back George, please add my condlences to the list.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,677 Likes on 8,328 Posts

From way out here in SoCal, our condolences for you and yours also.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Welcome back , your BMW looks dandy , it's a better idea of buying a friend's car .Hope, things will be even better for you soon

Old 07-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Wow, George.....

Man, it sounds like you've had quite the time... Must have taken some of the shine off of the new car.... Nice car at that... Cool that you bought it off of a friend... Hmmm.. Why the temporary floor protectors from Open Road?

Anyway, I'll be my normal wordy self.....

I'm so sorry about the family loss. That has to be difficult. So young, now gone. I hope everyone is dealing with it, the best that these things can be dealt with. I know how important family is to many, but happen to have a friend here that is Greek, and one thing Anna and Labe have taught Jenn and I, is how important that family unit is, and the way that they make family a priority. Jenn went to Anna's baby shower, and there were over 100 family members there! Now if I can only convince Anna to let Labe get the BMW he wants!

I hope the work situation is OK. I went through the tough time in 2008. We lost over 50% of our workforce in the distribution center alone. I certainly hope that isn't the case with you mentioning "new job" and work stability. I also respect that you may want to keep that private. Just hope that all is good...

So, now on a personal note.... I was getting a little concerned that you dropped off. I really wanted to have the opportunity to meet you, if you have time, while we are down in Wildwood next week! Yea! We leave Saturday. So, I will be in touch and would really like you to meet the absolutely wonderful reasons that I don't buy rims and other goodies for my cars anymore!

So, even if you decide to sell off some of the cars, I'm sure you'll find it very difficult to stay away from this forum "family". I know I haven't. It's kind of like our own little pub....

Cheers my friend...

Old 07-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Man, it sounds like you've had quite the time... Must have taken some of the shine off of the new car.... Nice car at that... Cool that you bought it off of a friend... Hmmm.. Why the temporary floor protectors from Open Road?

Anyway, I'll be my normal wordy self.....

I'm so sorry about the family loss. That has to be difficult. So young, now gone. I hope everyone is dealing with it, the best that these things can be dealt with. I know how important family is to many, but happen to have a friend here that is Greek, and one thing Anna and Labe have taught Jenn and I, is how important that family unit is, and the way that they make family a priority. Jenn went to Anna's baby shower, and there were over 100 family members there! Now if I can only convince Anna to let Labe get the BMW he wants!

I hope the work situation is OK. I went through the tough time in 2008. We lost over 50% of our workforce in the distribution center alone. I certainly hope that isn't the case with you mentioning "new job" and work stability. I also respect that you may want to keep that private. Just hope that all is good...

So, now on a personal note.... I was getting a little concerned that you dropped off. I really wanted to have the opportunity to meet you, if you have time, while we are down in Wildwood next week! Yea! We leave Saturday. So, I will be in touch and would really like you to meet the absolutely wonderful reasons that I don't buy rims and other goodies for my cars anymore!

So, even if you decide to sell off some of the cars, I'm sure you'll find it very difficult to stay away from this forum "family". I know I haven't. It's kind of like our own little pub....

Cheers my friend...
Hey guys,

Ok guys I'll try and answer all of the questions posted in the thread..

First my cousin who was a 30 year old biologist passed away due to head injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident in which her husband was driving and she was on the back, and they were clipped from behind. He lost the bike and laid it down, neither was wearing a helmet - apparently they aren't fashionable in Greece and law enforcement could give a crap. He survived with a broken leg and arm, and more guilt than I have ever seen in a human being before. She was basically brain dead and we had no choice but to pull the plug. Ironically enough this happened on my 35th birthday.

Now, onto the parts car. I ended up having my brother sell it as a whole because unfortunately I just didn't have the time to deal with it, and I didn't want it just sitting at his shop. I only made a couple hundred dollars on it, but it was just too much to deal with with me being abroad and everything else. Sorry guys

Now the BMW. It was my friends car. It's under bumper to bumper BMW warranty and has free maintenance. The temporary floor protectors from open road bmw were because I made him take the car in and have the dealer go over it before I pulled the trigger. ended up with new pads and rotors all around, new wiper blades, and the washer fluid topped off. No charge He also has a bunch of stuff that was part of the deal that he hasn't dropped off yet. The stock wheels / tires - springs / shocks, a new set of floor mats (he's had the rubber winter mats in it for some reason 24/7), a set of hid's for the fog lamps, some led license plate lamps and and oh - the pnp juicebox 4 tuner. +80hp and +120tq on 93 octane - that will make the car an absolute beast.

Ironically, Cars seem to be my retail therapy of choice, especially when bad things happen. (God that sounded girly). When my father passed away in Sept of 2006, I went out and bought my first Jag, the X-Type. That's half the reason I have held onto it this long, even though it's at 117k and needs a few things, and I would probably be better off getting rid of it. I really don't drive it, and having 4 cars for one person really isn't practical or even needed.

Now onto work. Basically what's happening is that there will be a major restructuring going on in June 2012. Instead of having IT managed at the site level, we are going to one corporate management team, across all sites worldwide. I've talked to enough people to know that the axe will come down, and there will be a lot of redundant people when this happens. Ironically the conference in Belgium I just went too was all about this. Basically bringing the EU sites aboard to the plan. Now, Will I survive the axe or dodge it? It's too early to tell, but I don't know if I want to stick around and find out if that makes any sense, so I've been quietly proactively searching, and I ended up getting another offer. I'm 95% going to take it, but I really don't want to give details till the ink is dry and the dust has settled.

Jeff you know how to reach me if not pm me and I'll shoot you my cell again. I dunno about wildwood but we can def set something up. You're coming PA turnpike to NJ turnpike right? I'm 2 exits north of that Junction at 7a, so worse case I catch you on the way in or the way out...

Take care,

George