S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What annoys you most about your S-Type??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

The satnav shows direction, won't that do?

Or, fit the one that other S-Types have - cmon, someone fess up about it!

Old 01-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I use a GPS. Has a compass, gives me direction and has a sexy voice.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by TenPercenter
The driver's sun visor doesn't extend, so only covers half my side window when the sun is on my left.
Even my Chevy Malibu rental has this.

Has anyone thought about a retrofit from something else?

Old 01-26-2011, 11:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts
Default Eskimo Rant!

OK, I'm adding a new one here.

It looks way too much like a frickin' igloo when it's got a ton of snow on it!

Pictures later ...

Old 01-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TenPercenter
I'd think the answer is obvious but I'll give it a shot: So I know which direction I'm going.

To expand: I have a bad sense of direction, and was elated the first time I had a compass built into my car. When I didnt have one I'd buy one of those battery operated ones but they were always inaccurate because of metal in the cab etc.

My sense of direction is so bad that I can go into a place after parking, and when I come out I have no idea from which direction I came or which direction I need to go. I an visualize looking down on a map and know the direction I need to go, but then I need a compass.
Our old 01 S had one in the mirror (no Nav on that car). Th 06 STR has built in Nav. You must keep your Nav up on the screen and you will see a compass on the bottom left. I believe it operates even if you are not using the nav system. Just keep it open.
That is if your car has built in Nav.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

That damn talking gas gauge!! Sure seems like it is happening more and more lately. Brooke wanted to go to school in the "Jag" today, I get in and low and behold empty again!! Took the truck instead, came home and the wifey......"My car is out of gas..would you mind????????"

Old 01-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Veteran Member

I put mine on mute. I don't need someone nagging me.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagv8
I put mine on mute. I don't need someone nagging me.

I haven't figured out where that button is in almost twenty years!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
That damn talking gas gauge!! Sure seems like it is happening more and more lately. Brooke wanted to go to school in the "Jag" today, I get in and low and behold empty again!! Took the truck instead, came home and the wifey......"My car is out of gas..would you mind????????"
Amazing how that works. I take it you had enough in the tank to get to the gas station. Cars must be females because they all have built-in nag functions.

Mike

Old 01-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,358 Likes on 2,849 Posts

My wife has long been good about pumping her own gas when already out and about up until the last couple of weeks. Earlier this week she was getting a pedicure at a nail salon located not more than 100 yards away from the gas pumps at the local BJ's Club. Did she do the right thing and fill up after the toes were painted? Nope. Came home and later that afternoon asked me if I would go fill the tank. So right back to BJ's not even two hours later. What a waste of gas and time....

Old 01-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon89
My wife has long been good about pumping her own gas when already out and about up until the last couple of weeks. Earlier this week she was getting a pedicure at a nail salon located not more than 100 yards away from the gas pumps at the local BJ's Club. Did she do the right thing and fill up after the toes were painted? Nope. Came home and later that afternoon asked me if I would go fill the tank. So right back to BJ's not even two hours later. What a waste of gas and time....
I hope when you got back from BJ's you got a BJ for your trouble..lol

Old 01-28-2011, 08:23 AM
Veteran Member

Now Jon, you didn't really expect for Jan to mess up those very fashionable flip flops now did you?!

Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

MyBlackCat,

Nope, no BJ. I was still bitching at her for not pumping her own gas when she was already right there at the pumps....

Rick,

I hate the absolute waste of money at those stupid nail salons that all the women and teenyboppers frequent nowadays. Every time Jan comes home from those places, I remind her that I have at least ten different cans of paint in the garage and if she'll pick the color, I'll gladly paint her freakin' toenails for her to save kissing goodbye to another forty bucks. She even has a choice between oil-based or latex-based. So far, she's been unwilling to take me up on my offer....

Old 01-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

MyBlackCat,

Nope, no BJ. I was still bitching at her for not pumping her own gas when she was already right there at the pumps....

Rick,

I hate the absolute waste of money at those stupid nail salons that all the women and teenyboppers frequent nowadays. Every time Jan comes home from those places, I remind her that I have at least ten different cans of paint in the garage and if she'll pick the color, I'll gladly paint her freakin' toenails for her to save kissing goodbye to another forty bucks. She even has a choice between oil-based or latex-based. So far, she's been unwilling to take me up on my offer....
LMFAO!!

Unfortunately the only mute button I've found with women seems to be reaching into your wallet and handing them $$ for them to do what they were yapping about.

Things aren't so bad here in Jersey with the gas situation because the State has dictated that underpaid flunkies are more qualified to pump gas than the general public, therefore we are full serve only by law... So getting gas simply implies rolling up to a pump, rolling your window down, and shoving a credit card (or other means of payment) in the attendant's face.
The two gas stations I frequent I know the owner and most of the attendants, and they generally have no problem with me pumping my own, but it's hilarious to see these guys get all righteous when someone from out of state pulls up to a gas pump and gets out and starts trying to pump.

Pretty much all of our pumps have been converted to the self service style that accepts the credit card right at the pump now... so a transition to self serve couldn't be that difficult.

Take care,

George

Old 01-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
LMFAO!!

Unfortunately the only mute button I've found with women seems to be reaching into your wallet and handing them $$ for them to do what they were yapping about.

Things aren't so bad here in Jersey with the gas situation because the State has dictated that underpaid flunkies are more qualified to pump gas than the general public, therefore we are full serve only by law... So getting gas simply implies rolling up to a pump, rolling your window down, and shoving a credit card (or other means of payment) in the attendant's face.
The two gas stations I frequent I know the owner and most of the attendants, and they generally have no problem with me pumping my own, but it's hilarious to see these guys get all righteous when someone from out of state pulls up to a gas pump and gets out and starts trying to pump.

Pretty much all of our pumps have been converted to the self service style that accepts the credit card right at the pump now... so a transition to self serve couldn't be that difficult.

Take care,

George
George,

The other mute button is when you ask them if they've been rifling through your wallet...all of a sudden it's birds chirping time.

I've run across some of your gas station Einsteins. When they tell me I'm not from around NJ, I just look at my VA plates and stare at them.

Mike

Old 01-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

I don't believe I've ever had an attendant pump my gas for me. Back in the 1970s, we still had separate self-service and full-service lanes. Full-service was always at least 5 cents a gallon more and being a college student then, I wasn't willing to pay for it (and would not pay for it today, either). By the early 1980s, the full-service concept had died a slow death in these parts and every gas station was 100% pump-it-yourself....

Old 01-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

I don't believe I've ever had an attendant pump my gas for me. Back in the 1970s, we still had separate self-service and full-service lanes. Full-service was always at least 5 cents a gallon more and being a college student then, I wasn't willing to pay for it (and would not pay for it today, either). By the early 1980s, the full-service concept had died a slow death in these parts and every gas station was 100% pump-it-yourself....
Jon,

I agree with you completely. I want to pump my own gas in a state that doesn't let me because I've had bad experiences with the attendants spilling fuel down the side of the car, and not fully fastening the gas cap leading to check engine lights etc.

I would definitely NOT pay extra to have someone pump gas for me if I had a choice.

For someone like my mother who's 70 and frail, getting out in the rain or at all to pump gas is something she has no particular interest in doing. I could see her paying extra if it was available, or even worse becoming the "Calling gas gauge". Calling me or my brother up to take her car for gas LOL.

Take care,

George

Old 01-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

I believe that NJ and Oregon are the only states where you cannot pump your own gas.
I prefer to do it myself, but am old enough to remember when that wasn't an option even in the UK.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just pump the gas!

Hey guys, Just pump the gas already. Fill the tank, wax the car, maintain the car, scrape the ice off the windscreen, do everything you can to make your wife look good when she drives. This is one of the only ways men have to show our wives we love them. Unless of course you would prefer to take her to a chick flick, then go to dinner and discuss you "feelings"!

Old 01-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Veteran Member

Discuss what now???

Quick Reply: What annoys you most about your S-Type??