S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What annoys you most about your S-Type??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TenPercenter
I dont have satnav on my car. And I didn't know other S-Types had a compass I could fit to mine, thanks! Can anyone offer a part number?

Does anyone know of a replacement part (aftermarket or OEM) for sun visors that extend?
i would like to know as well.. anybody? thanks in advance.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

After giving my car a coat of Autoglym HD wax, water comes pouring through the drivers window if I turn to the left whilst coming to a stop.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 507 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by ninja
After giving my car a coat of Autoglym HD wax, water comes pouring through the drivers window if I turn to the left whilst coming to a stop.
Oh the S-Type is TERRIBLE witch cracking a window open when its raining water falls straight down onto the drivers door switches and your leg.

Take care,

George

Old 02-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Ethanol free gas stations in U.S and Canada!!!

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Ummmm... I wouldn't buy BJ's gas, Jon. I know the price advantage is attractive, but they are notorious for buying high ethanol fuel. After the cat issue and some looking around, I decided to cut out the BJ's fuel all together. That was the only gas my car had since I bought it. Since then, my S Type average MPG has gone up by 3mpg (15%) and the Dodge minivan has jumped from 16 to over 19 around town. We have been using the same grades.. Regular for the van and Premium for the Jag and have buying from a local Shell station (the only ones without an Ethanol sticker)....Just beware that I still think it was the high ethanol count that fouled up the cat in my car, and really think the other isn't far behind...

Just my observations...
LOlz...thought I would share this website with all you folks who don't want to use Ethanol mixtures in their gas. http://www.pure-gas.org/
Enjoy!

The following users liked this post:
Staatsof (02-14-2011)
Old 02-14-2011, 04:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by jag79
LOlz...thought I would share this website with all you folks who don't want to use Ethanol mixtures in their gas. http://www.pure-gas.org/
Enjoy!
Of course nothing in and around my area but then just over the border in PA I can fill up my racing tanks at a couple of stations if this list is accurate. That's great! Thanks so much.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had mine very long but as an avid do it yourself er, the 4 gallons of gas that you cant really use when the tank claims to be empty really BURNS MY A...

Old 02-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

in the past i have had airbag fault warnings - flashing in the instrument binnacle - advising me that the safety of occupants may be compromised.

yes thats fair enough.

on occasion i have shut down the engine whilst still in drive - this generates a barely audible warning as a reminder to shift into park. handy warning and really not annoying.

on the way to work this morning i was having a very pleasant drive listening to my mp3 player via a cassette adaptor when suddenly there was a very loud and urgent beeping noise. OMG ! something has failed catastrophically. !!! i frantically looked over the dash expecting engine warning lights - but nothing.

my tape heads need cleaning

Old 02-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,429 Likes on 1,907 Posts

gkt33;
As you probably know the buffer is in there so the pumps are always covered in fuel for cooling. This is common with other cars. My old SHO came on way early too.
With 69.5 L (18.4 gallons) gallons I have only put in a maximum of 16.5 so far in my 2005 STR.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:22 PM

I smiled as I read this comment. Here! Here! well said.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by bfsgross
Nuttin about the "S" annoys me.To me, she is what she is, and this is a bunch. My 03 STR's overall styling, smooth ride, and bruteforce still manages to evoke "Excitement", "Mystique", and "Intrigue" feelings in me. I can take her out tomorrow and kick the *** of most late model BMW, MB, or Ford or GM metal, and still feel and look like a well primped gentleman who just punched out a foe whilst remaining unscathed; clothing without a wrinkle. These "abilities" continue to supress or supercede cosmetic flaws, minor equipment dysfunction, or lack of proper engineering. There's nothing around that compares. The "S"'s retro-design will look new even in 20 years...she's timeless.
Here!! Here!! I agree, well said!!

Old 09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is nowhere to put anything like drinks, phone, just stuff we all carry around and the glovebox is way too small. Also the dipstick thing for the trans, and The fact that this car will nickle and dime you to death.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Wow, George is missing but his thread lives on.

But since it is brought up... I just bought a C5 Corvette. It will self diagnose every module on the car and display the codes, both Current and History, on the DIC screen. With the Jag you need a scan tool that will only do emmision related faults. Anything else and you need the Jag specific scan tool. Around here that means a trip to the dealer and a hundred dollar bill.

BTW, the Vette is a 99 so not like the technology wasn't around in 03.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Hey Jim - congrat's on the Vette!!! The search is over huh....

Is it seriously called a "DIC screen"?? LOL....

Old 09-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks Chris. It's the blue convertible I've been after all summer from the salvage auction. As luck would have it , found all the parts to fix from a local guy the week after I bought it. Paid too much for the car but got a super deal on the parts. Winter project. Hopefully next spring Laurie and I will be at Linden Hall with his & hers.

DIC...LOL Never thought of it that way. Means Driver Information Center.

Whoever had it must have been into electronics.
There are wires with connectors hanging out of the radio console and up by the rearview mirror. One looks like a modular telephone Jack and another like what plugs into my GPS or cell phone. Others I don't recognize. Jason would know what it's all for. I just want to get rid of the mess.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I hate the one aux power connector in the center console, so you have to move all of your crap around thats in the console just to plug in something. Then the wire for the device has to stretch halfway across the car, and then the fuse for the outlet blows every month because there is a stray coin in the center somewhere that happens to touch it.

Also don't like some of the cheap plastic components in the cabin, but they aren't that bad.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by cosworth

Stop turning off recirculation.
Any ideas why it does this or better yet how to stop it? My commute takes me past the landfill and it seems that the timing stinks as the recirc cuts off once we get into the smell-zone.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Received 6,330 Likes on 5,516 Posts

I saw a post from Brutal saying that if you pressed the button until it chirped it wouldn't switch off.

It didn't work for me. YMMV.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodyman
Thanks Chris. It's the blue convertible I've been after all summer from the salvage auction. As luck would have it , found all the parts to fix from a local guy the week after I bought it. Paid too much for the car but got a super deal on the parts. Winter project. Hopefully next spring Laurie and I will be at Linden Hall with his & hers.

DIC...LOL Never thought of it that way. Means Driver Information Center.

Whoever had it must have been into electronics.
There are wires with connectors hanging out of the radio console and up by the rearview mirror. One looks like a modular telephone Jack and another like what plugs into my GPS or cell phone. Others I don't recognize. Jason would know what it's all for. I just want to get rid of the mess.

Awesome Jim - can't wait to check it out. If you got any pics - bring em to the show this weekend. I'll be running late to that BTW but I will make it.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

The 2011 Lamborghini's and Ferrari's work the same way as the Jag. Special tools dealer only required. On a Ferrari you can't even bleed the brakes without the dealer tool.

Dealers need to eat.

Originally Posted by Bodyman
Wow, George is missing but his thread lives on.

But since it is brought up... I just bought a C5 Corvette. It will self diagnose every module on the car and display the codes, both Current and History, on the DIC screen. With the Jag you need a scan tool that will only do emmision related faults. Anything else and you need the Jag specific scan tool. Around here that means a trip to the dealer and a hundred dollar bill.

BTW, the Vette is a 99 so not like the technology wasn't around in 03.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by GoKittyGo
Any ideas why it does this or better yet how to stop it? My commute takes me past the landfill and it seems that the timing stinks as the recirc cuts off once we get into the smell-zone.
I think it's a safety issue so that you always get fresh air in case there's a CO leak into the cabin. My Infiniti has the same exact thing. Annoying as I suffer from allergies.

Quick Reply: What annoys you most about your S-Type??