S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What annoys you most about your S-Type??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default phantom windshield wiper

Every morning when I start the car, the wipers swipe across the window two times. My car is in the garage and there is no water on the windshield. This does not happen when I start the car numerous times during the rest of the day. It is almost like something "resets" overnight.
Aloha.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Received 161 Likes on 56 Posts

Do yo u have your auto wipers on? If you have any condensation in the morning that will cause it. If not, then your car is probally just possesed...

Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Only one cigarette lighter
2. Cupholders those damn cup holders
3. I lose everything AND I MEAN EVERYTHING between the seats of this damn car. Maybe that's where the leprechaun's pot of gold is........

Old 12-07-2011, 11:55 AM

1. How many cigarettes do you light at a time? BTW, open the center cousel if your looking for another power point.
2. Pull them out, lol you might find the pot-o-gold.
3. lol, the black hole strikes again.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Received 6,307 Likes on 5,495 Posts

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDaisy
1. Only one cigarette lighter
2. Cupholders those damn cup holders
3. I lose everything AND I MEAN EVERYTHING between the seats of this damn car. Maybe that's where the leprechaun's pot of gold is........
Aren't they cigar lighters in a Jaaaaaaaaag?

I believe they are designed to take a cut crystal whisky glass.

The black hole indeed.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Norri
Aren't they cigar lighters in a Jaaaaaaaaag?

I believe they are designed to take a cut crystal whisky glass.

The black hole indeed.

I can only find one. Its good to have two, especially on a road trip with more than one cell in the car.

The following users liked this post:
GoKittyGo (12-07-2011)
Old 12-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some weeks ago purchased S -Type. Seller did not leave an impression of the most honest man in Universe, but price was good and car looked good enough. Given the fact that the vehicle had a fresh sticker of annual technical inspection from Road Department, I figured that it should not have massive problems. One thing though, I did not notice immediately was issue with climate control unit - it was blowing hot air at set temperature of 28 degrees and cold at 26. Decided to take it to dealer service for checkup and repairs, guessing how much it will be. I told them to find and fix everything fixable change everything they think needs changing. So after a day in service they called me and told that they are almost done and everything will be total of equivalent of USD 650. That was a good news. Then they told that regarding Climate control - there is an issue with the module and it needs replacement and they will ask producer for the pricing. Reading in this forum issues with Climate control units, I suspect that it is going to cost me some more significant amounts. However, I am not yet annoyed with anything.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:51 PM

I can only find one. Its good to have two, especially on a road trip with more than one cell in the car.
One in on the front center dash in ashtray in front of j-gate shifter. Second one is located in the center counsel behind the cup holders. Open it up, remove miscellaneous rappers, Barbie girl cd, and atm receipts and see the power point.

If you don't have one PLEASE let me know as I was unaware that only certain cars had that option... or was it a smokers option?

Old 12-07-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by SchultzLD
1. How many cigarettes do you light at a time? BTW, open the center cousel if your looking for another power point.
2. Pull them out, lol you might find the pot-o-gold.
3. lol, the black hole strikes again.
I think SchultzLD may have given a subtle clue to solving that problem.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by ARFI5
Then they told that regarding Climate control - there is an issue with the module and it needs replacement and they will ask producer for the pricing. Reading in this forum issues with Climate control units, I suspect that it is going to cost me some more significant amounts. However, I am not yet annoyed with anything.
The CCM is usually a fairly easy fix that you can do yourself, or have someone do for you, search the S forum for DCCV, might involve some reading so pour a glass of your favourite poison.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

I don't use my cigar lighter as a power source at all--the manual says not to.

We use the 12V outlet in the console--most chargers and electronics have USB ports and cables. I can charge 2 phones or a phone and my Nook or other device--keep in mind this is my daily driver and I have teenagers with lots of devices.
If you need more than that there are some really nice and inexpensive multi-port chargers.

My current annoyance is my faded shifter knob and wheel cap covers, but I've put in a word with Santa--I see he's a Mercedes man though so my hopes aren't really high.

Peter Xifo - Mercedes Benz Santa - YouTube

Old 12-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

Ebay has some really nice center caps kitty. I had found a beautiful set of orange/pearl caps to replace Joyces $125.00, but Jeff (JOsworth) offered up a retro set for -zero-. The retro set looks very nice!

PS I just saw that commercial tonight, had a chuckle!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

The fact that the car has a telephone image on the headunit and a bluetooth speaker icon on the steering wheel but it's not an option......

Old 12-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Mine has a telephone image and a telephone fitted. It has a speaker / sound image on the steering wheel button (not a bluethooth one!) and it works as expected. Have you misunderstood the image?

I'm not sure when BT was first offered as an option - check the brochures you can find on the net I suppose, and/or the Tech Guides and/or the elec guides.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the auto function is on but we have no moisture in our garage. Guess I will have to schedule an Exorcism!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by HIJaged
Yes, the auto function is on but we have no moisture in our garage. Guess I will have to schedule an Exorcism!
lol the power of Jaguar compels you!

but anyways, try it with the auto off, see if that makes a diff. If so then I'm sure the sensor must be going, dirty, or what ever.

HIJaged (12-09-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 10:17 AM

Mine will wipe the window in the dry once in a while when I start it up, I put it down to dirt over the sensor.

HIJaged (12-09-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by SchultzLD
One in on the front center dash in ashtray in front of j-gate shifter. Second one is located in the center counsel behind the cup holders. Open it up, remove miscellaneous rappers, Barbie girl cd, and atm receipts and see the power point.

If you don't have one PLEASE let me know as I was unaware that only certain cars had that option... or was it a smokers option?
I don't know if there was a change between the 2003 and up S Types vs. the prior models....maybe they did not have the 12v power port in the console?

I wire up at least one extra 12v power port in all of my vehicles. I hate having crap plugged into the cigar lighter in the STR. One, the angle is not great to get a charger in there, second I hate having the ashtray open at all, i like everything to look clean, and third the ashtray light hits me in the eyes (I'm tall, so I'm basically sitting in the back seat with the seat reclined really far so i get that ashtray light in my field of view).

So, for my external Sirius satellite receiver that i have mounted next to the A pillar, i simply wired in another 12v outlet under the dash, near the hood release lever. I wired another into the glove box, and another into the trunk just for sh*ts and giggles.

Let's keep it sleek people! LOL!!

BTW - I'm clinically suffering from OCD, if you haven't figured that out already.

GoKittyGo (12-08-2011)
Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 AM

Chris, that is the most annoying thing to me... having to leave the ashtray door open when using the power port. Gerrr. Not quite OCD that I'm admitting too, but certain things like that drive me nuts. lol

The Chris X (12-09-2011)
Old 12-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Glad I'm not the only one Schultz!!! Thanks man!

Quick Reply: What annoys you most about your S-Type??