S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What could be going on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,526 Likes on 3,936 Posts

Chances are the dealer will fix it fine. They'll have seen one bank doing that before, I reckon.

Last edited by JagV8; 11-04-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm just jealous you can red line it.....

Old 11-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by jagv8
Chances are the dealer will fix it fine.
I agree... It really has me curious why it's happening, that is why I posted a thread on it..

I did find your other comment funny though... The dealer would like me to move to a LR2.. I actually like them as well.. It all started when I stopped by to see them with all three kids in the car... Mike laughed....

Old 11-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Veteran Member

LR2? Bit more detail, please.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by jagv8
LR2? Bit more detail, please.
Ooops... You guys know it as a Freelander....

The dealer sells Jaguar, Land Rover, and Maserati..

Old 11-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth

Did they keep the freelander name across the pond? Aren't they LR3's at this point? Or is there more than one model besides the actual "Range Rover"

I'm seriously considering picking up a used Discovery with the 4.6 as a winter car.

George

Old 11-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member

Oh, I ignore those things. Not my interest at all. Heck, you could buy a really decent car like an STR for less money LOL

Old 11-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
Did they keep the freelander name across the pond? Aren't they LR3's at this point? Or is there more than one model besides the actual "Range Rover"

I'm seriously considering picking up a used Discovery with the 4.6 as a winter car.

George
LR3 also known as Discovery 3

Now replaced by the LR4 aka Discovery 4

LR2 as it is known Stateside is a smaller ute than the LR3/LR4....takes the place of the Freelander in the model lineup. Nice little ute actually, I had a few wheeling with me a few weeks ago and they managed to keep up with my P38 fairly well even if it does look like a gussied up CR-V

Range Rover is the full sized ute obviously, Range Rover Sport shares the LR3 platform rather than the full size Range Rover platform.

Range Rover Evoque soon to be coming out is the "crossover".....

Old 11-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default avatar

George,

Here is your new avatar.

Mike

Attached Images  
Old 11-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,211 Posts

The dealer would like me to move to a LR2.. I actually like them as well.. It all started when I stopped by to see them with all three kids in the car....

Jeff, they would fit better in an Escalade ESV. I happen to know of mines identical twin, for a really good price. Yes its from the same guy I purchased ours from. Man you would look good behind the wheel of it!

Old 11-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Jeff, they would fit better in an Escalade ESV. I happen to know of mines identical twin, for a really good price. Yes its from the same guy I purchased ours from. Man you would look good behind the wheel of it!
And even better at the gas pump constantly filling it up!

Rick what year / color / options? (I'm sort of kinda looking for an SUV). I'm debating whether to buy a cheap older Jeep Grand Cherokee with the bulletproof 4.0 straight 6, or keep the "fleet" all luxury lol.

George

Old 11-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,211 Posts

OHHHHHHhhhhhhh georgiebaby, 2005, BIG and BLACK exterior, light sand interior, 4 captains and 3rd row bench, a few factory roof mount tvs, heated and cooled lazy boys (all 4) heated and cooled cup holders (all passengers and driver), 6.0 Vortec, MPG wise highway and city combined about 17 (not bad for a vehicle that weighs in at over 6,000 lbs. and is AWD), ummmm the only thing that is missing is a fireplace! VERY NICE vehicle!

Joyce is actually a bit envious because she used to get all the ooohhhs and aaaahhhhhs in the Jag, but now mouths drop even more when this vehicle rolls in.

George if you would be interested PM me and I can give you full details. Or look up 2005 Escalade ESV Platinum Edition. I haven't talked with the owner (Hiram) in a month or so, but he did say he was looking to sell around this time. As a matter of fact we might be selling ours near Feb. of 2011 to purchase one of his 2007's. "Hiram" is a private seller, not a dealership.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Veteran member

Just a real quick update since I don't actually have the car back yet.

Granted, they didn't really get into the mechanical fault until last Wednesday. They needed me to take it out with the service manager to get it to trip the codes. They knew something was wrong but needed fresh codes in order to get it covered.

So, after tripping the "restricted performance" and MIL they proceeded to diagnose it as a failed bank 2 catalytic converter. I guess that makes some sense since a plugged / restricted exhaust would make the car act up as RPM increased. I reserve firm judgment until I get the car back.

Another note: The car was technically ready for pickup on Friday. I happened to have off on Friday since my Dad was coming out to see the kids. I explained that to Mike and said I really didn't want to have to go 40 minutes one way while my Dad was here... His response... Don't worry about it, come in Monday, enjoy your family time... What a great place.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Hey, Jeff,

When is your dealer going to give you a Maserati as a loaner? Never hurts to ask. So far, you've gotten a Land Rover LR2 and an XF. It seems only fair to me to get a Maserati.

The bad catalytic converter seems like a logical candidate. Kind of early though it seems.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Veteran member

Well, I didn't get it back until last night. Drove home in the pouring rain. It was dry this morning so I had a chance to get in it again. All seems fine. It drives great and revs up to red line just like it used to.

So, remember that DTC's are just hints and not the only diagnosis. To be honest it is a lesson for me as well. At 67k, the cat is the last place I would have looked giving the codes I was getting...But in the end it makes sense. It was the down pipe cat that was replaced, so there is an O2 sensor down stream from it. So, as rpm increased, the Bank 2 O2 sensors must have read an issue and the PCM tried to compensate, causing the misfires. At least that is roughly how it was explained to me. Here I would have started with fuel delivery as opposed to the exhaust..

Thank goodness for the warranty...

Oh, I got "yelled" at for having "crappy brakes". After being out of it for over a week he's right.. The pads and rotors are fine, I need to flush and change the brake fluid. The pedal is real soft... Uggg. Such a fun job!
Oh, and the tech didn't like how my recently changed fuel filter looked so he put one in for $0. LOL, I just changed it recently, but it was a Motocraft filter and not the "Jaguar" one.. Nice touch though..