S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Part is behind DCCV?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What Part is behind DCCV?

I borrowed someones photo and am trying to figure out what is behind the DCCV. I believe it is leaking on mine... also what could cause that? Its behind it to the right. It is hard to tell from the diagrams.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/IMG_1908.jpg

Last edited by bgs522; 07-21-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: More details
Old 07-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

Car info? (See below)

Old 07-22-2012, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by JagV8
Car info? (See below)

My bad, it is an 05 STR

Old 07-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,533 Likes on 3,942 Posts

Looks like a coolant pump. Shown on the Elec Guide (and will be in JTIS). Also in the Tech Guide.

I don't believe its location/etc changed in 2005 from other years.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 PM

Alright....whats everyones opinion on stop leak? or should I just replace.

Also, tonight on my way home, I was on the highway and the AC went from ice cold to scorching hot and never went back to cold....its like it flipped a switch but I didn't touch the controls.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:49 AM
Received 6,320 Likes on 5,507 Posts

You should replace whatever is leaking.

I wonder if your CCM failed allowing the valve to open?

Old 07-25-2012, 07:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Yes, that is your AUX coolant pump. Yes just replace it. Double check because you are the first person reporting a leak. They do fail once in a while.

I would bet it's the DCCV leaking because everything is so close in that area. Or even a hose leak?

Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Yes, that is your AUX coolant pump. Yes just replace it. Double check because you are the first person reporting a leak. They do fail once in a while.

I would bet it's the DCCV leaking because everything is so close in that area. Or even a hose leak?
Okay....looks like I will drain it and will be crawling under it tonight

Old 07-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Has any work (like replacement of the water pump) been done on your vehicle in this general area?

You may indeed have a leaking Aux Coolant Pump, Dual Climate Control Valve or hoses connected to either, but first verify that your coolant tank (notorious for cracking) is not dripping down onto these parts.

On the bottom of our coolant tank there is a quick disconnect which is held in place by a sliding u-shaped wire locking clip. It is difficult to see and reach this clip and it slides horizontally back-and-forth. Make sure that this clip is secure.

IMPORTANT!
If you do replace any of the parts/hoses in this region, I strongly advise you to mark the exact position of each hose and take pictures BEFORE you remove anything. Simply mark the part with a line and continue the line onto each hose. You will thank me when you go to reinstall. If you don't mark the exact location, you may be in for a long day figuring out how things go back together. I've been there.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by 1320racer; 07-25-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by 1320racer
Has any work (like replacement of the water pump) been done on your vehicle in this general area?

You may indeed have a leaking Aux Coolant Pump, Dual Climate Control Valve or hoses connected to either, but first verify that your coolant tank (notorious for cracking) is not dripping down onto these parts.

On the bottom of our coolant tank there is a quick disconnect which is held in place by a sliding u-shaped wire locking clip. It is difficult to see and reach this clip and it slides horizontally back-and-forth. Make sure that this clip is secure.

IMPORTANT!
If you do replace any of the parts/hoses in this region, I strongly advise you to mark the exact position of each hose and take pictures BEFORE you remove anything. Simply mark the part with a line and continue the line onto each hose. You will thank me when you go to reinstall. If you don't mark the exact location, you may be in for a long day figuring out how things goes back together correctly. I've been there.

GOOD LUCK!
Thanks....will definitely mark the lines and take pictures. I am just confused on why the ac went from cold to hot that fast....I just hope its only a pump or valve and not something else

....the only other work I have had done is exhaust and a 1.5lb pulley installed but no work done around that area....the leak looked like it was from the auxiliary pump and there was a lot around the DCCV as well but yet to determined which one leaked on the other....the car does have 92k on it

Old 07-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Received 1,425 Likes on 1,067 Posts

In reading through I would invest in replacing the DCCV as well considering this could be causing your issue of hot air to blow out the vents. Also, if your DCCV did fail you need to ensure your CCM is still good and did not fail as Norri mentioned. The CCM almost always goes right along with DCCV... Good Luck and keep us posted.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,877 Posts

Good idea to mark hose position but Jaguar has already done it. Look for the short white line at the end of the hose. It matches up to a raised line on the metal casting.
The hose position has to be correct or you won't get the DCCV back in very good. It's pretty tight as you know.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like the DCCV has packed up. Fairly common problem and prone to developing leaks. New genuine Bosch ones are available on ebay for just under £100.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:44 AM
Received 83 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Good idea to mark hose position but Jaguar has already done it. Look for the short white line at the end of the hose. It matches up to a raised line on the metal casting.
The hose position has to be correct or you won't get the DCCV back in very good. It's pretty tight as you know.
When I replaced my DCCV the markings must have been faded or worn away. The markings are clearly visible on most of the multitude of hoses and are very helpful to help you "index" their proper location on components. The dreaded mid-engine coolant hose I recently installed was not marked. I had it close but not exactly positioned and I had to readjust it at the front of the engine before it could be correctly indexed at the mounting point on the throttle body. This was a pain since the hose is tight near/against the firewall and other sc components.

Last edited by 1320racer; 07-27-2012 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by 1320racer
When I replaced my DCCV the markings must have been faded or worn away. The markings are clearly visible on most of the multitude of hoses and are very helpful to help you "index" their proper location on components. The dreaded mid-engine coolant hose I recently installed was not marked. I had it close but not exactly positioned and I had to readjust it at the front of the engine before it could be correctly indexed at the mounting point on the throttle body. This was a pain since the hose is tight near/against the firewall and other sc components.
Alright everything is out and I am just going to replace the DCCV and the Aux flow pump to be safe. I will search other threads for part #'s .....car quest said they had a DCCV the other day but then when I called this morning the guy on the phone said they had none listed.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:06 AM

Try a Ford dealer for the LS valve, i don't recall the number but it's in the FAQ's.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Amazon or RockAuto seem to be the cheapest for the DCCV. Read a little bit as there is a 3 hose and 5 hose version. Depends on the year and engine. All STR's use the 3 hose version.

The AUX pump I could only find from the Jaguar dealer. it was way too expensive! That's why I delayed changing it hoping something cheaper might have been the problem.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by tbird6
Amazon or RockAuto seem to be the cheapest for the DCCV. Read a little bit as there is a 3 hose and 5 hose version. Depends on the year and engine. All STR's use the 3 hose version.

The AUX pump I could only find from the Jaguar dealer. it was way too expensive! That's why I delayed changing it hoping something cheaper might have been the problem.
Agreed with Norri

I ended up getting both from a Ford Dealership. The DCCV was $170 and the AUX was $160. They used the Motorcraft part number for the DCCV from a Lincoln LS and pulled up the diagram and found the AUX pump. I did see online I could find the DCCV for around $120 but I spent the extra to be able to fix it today. They didn't give me the part number for the AUX pump but it was a ford only part number anyways. The guy seemed shocked that it was going on a jaguar but I had the old parts with me and the new ones were identical with bosch markings and all. So, Ford or online is the way to go being that the local Jag dealer wanted $380 just for the DCCV.

My AUX pump definitely needed replaced....it was the leak but my brother insisted on putting in stop leak because that fixed his mustang and I think that caused the DCCV to lock up....but I flushed the system and now will have a new DCCV and AUX pump.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 PM

All fixed except for A/C?

Now blows cool instead of cold...I pulled the CCM but no signs of burnt traces

Thoughts?

Old 07-29-2012, 06:26 PM

You probably want to look at AC pressures now.

Quick Reply: What Part is behind DCCV?