Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whatever Happened To....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by joycesjag
Me too Jon, kinda reminds me of the old days.

Darn drive by poster!
Rick,

Your location says sunny SC but your avatar says otherwise (snow everywhere). Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Mike

Old 12-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 687 Likes on 590 Posts

I don't understand. Rick was simply pointing out that 'Booty' means the results of spoil and pillage - gold dubloons etc.- usually obtained by Piracy of the naval/cannon firing sort which the Brits were very good at.
In the interests of seasonal goodwill I won't dwell on the singular lack of US competence in this area.
Re 'trunk' some cars used to have a 'trunk' strapped onto the back

while 'boot' is the proper name for a compartment with a door in the rear of a stagecoach and, hence, car.
Here endeth !!!

Attached Thumbnails Whatever Happened To....-800px-1931_ford_model_a_roadster_rear.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
JagV8 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Hey guys - sorry I've been a bit absent lately. I still check in from time to time and i've been talking to a couple of guys via PM about getting another set of wheels but haven't really been posting much. Spending way too much time working on actual work and not messing around like i should!

I've been spending a lot of my free time working on my 2 Jeeps - getting lifts installed, skid plates, etc, so the STR has been kinda neglected. I did put it up for the winter a couple weeks ago.

Hopefully i can get my projects sorted out and get a little more active on the board again here shortly.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

The last thread I saw Jim Bodyman in, he'd purchased a Corvette and to quote him, he said the acceleration was exhilerating.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,538 Likes on 3,947 Posts

Missing Daniel anyone?

Old 12-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,712 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by carelm
Rick,

Your location says sunny SC but your avatar says otherwise (snow everywhere). Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Mike
Mike, perhaps you may recall this: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...setting-47323/ back a couple of years ago (my entry is post #77). Anyways it was coincidental that we had gotten snow. I pulled Joyces Jag out of its nice cozy resting place and snapped a few shots, the wreath was just for the compettition. The first and last time it has been in snow. I actually got stuck driving her back up our driveway.

I was going through some pics for someone and stumbled across the pic and decided tis the season.

Happy Holidays to you and yours Mike!

South Carolina snowman:

^^ taken from a fun old thread as well: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...6/brrrr-29488/

Again sorry Jon for the hijack but I know you are smiling about it!

Old 12-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Received 6,330 Likes on 5,516 Posts

Originally Posted by JagV8
Missing Daniel anyone?

Old 12-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,379 Likes on 2,860 Posts

No worries about any hijacking, guys. This is definitely one of those stream-of-conciousness threads....

And no one here who remembers Daniel Satur and his wacky repair advice misses him. That guy was a real piece of work. I remember wondering if he was spouting off just to jerk the moderators' chains, but I think he was completely serious the majority of the time....

Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by tbird6
I miss Twotee's! He had a bad run of luck with the super charger porting fiasco and then he burned up his STR engine when a hose connection let go.

Made some good posts!
I stay in sporadic contact with Truman, "Twotee". Being the person who purchased his STR.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Veteran Member

Mike, perhaps you may recall this: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...setting-47323/ back a couple of years ago (my entry is post #77). Anyways it was coincidental that we had gotten snow. I pulled Joyces Jag out of its nice cozy resting place and snapped a few shots, the wreath was just for the compettition. The first and last time it has been in snow. I actually got stuck driving her back up our driveway.

I was going through some pics for someone and stumbled across the pic and decided tis the season.

Happy Holidays to you and yours Mike!

South Carolina snowman:

^^ taken from a fun old thread as well: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...6/brrrr-29488/

Again sorry Jon for the hijack but I know you are smiling about it!
Here is a blast from the past (2010) from one of the three snowstorms we got that year. This was after I spent about two hours excavating my S-Type from 2-3 feet of snow. Note the grill mold.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,712 Likes on 1,213 Posts

I thought of that pic ^ Mike as I was posting mine. Also the snow beer fridge that you posted awhile back too.

Oh and Steve thank you for helping me clarify the booty, although I have another picture of bounty (booty) in a trunk, I believe that I would have to give myself a 3 day ban and 2 infractions.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member

I thought of that pic ^ Mike as I was posting mine. Also the snow beer fridge that you posted awhile back too.

Oh and Steve thank you for helping me clarify the booty, although I have another picture of bounty (booty) in a trunk, I believe that I would have to give myself a 3 day ban and 2 infractions.
This one?

Attached Thumbnails Whatever Happened To....-18883b53-c001-46a1-a9c0-b7c465415215.jpg  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts
Default Did U Fix it?

Originally Posted by Tijoe
I stay in sporadic contact with Truman, "Twotee". Being the person who purchased his STR.
Did U figure out what the issue was with his transmission after the motor swap?

Old 12-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by bfsgross
Did U figure out what the issue was with his transmission after the motor swap?
His transmission died during a trip to took to Houston, so he had it rebuilt. This was about a month before I purchased the car from him.

All is well with the car other than little nuisance problems that appear on a regular basis. Most recent is that the car wont start. Battery? Charged battery overnight, started the next day, then the following day wouldn't crank again. Beginning to wonder if a battery cable is corroded somewhere. Also have been getting a DCS error when I start the car. I turn it off and start it again and it clears. Something electrical has a problem. I just haven't had the time to troubleshoot.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 431 Likes on 389 Posts

K. Perhaps some of the pins R bent on the harness connectors.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Was it the wrenches/cherrries in the trunk pose you miss Zane.

I miss her too. Especially now that I'm single. I heard that vance580 guy is very sad about selling his STR but still lurks here like a troll. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I'm still in my little farm house Jon89 so if you need anything shoot me a pm and I still wrench. Now I just mainly wrench on my bikes since I ride them more then driving. I picked me up a nice little truck that I drive when I have too and it's nice to have to carry bikes around. Already had to use it a few times for some friend's bikes.
I will return once I'm done with school and start working again. I've been eyeballing XFR's though so I may not return with an STR. For anyone that I talked to and knew about me going to school, I got into NC State last month and have been busy getting everything situated over there. This means I am halfway towards my Bachelors. I got my Associattes a few weeks ago and finished with a 3.95 GPA. Not bad for a 32 year old college kid after being out of school for 12 years and going through a divorce. Ended up getting 2 B's my last semester the rest were A's so I'm not complaining. Should hopefully be done with my Bachelors in 2 years and hopefully it will go just as quickly as the first 2. Then once I get back to work the Jag hunt will begin.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Jon,

I pm'd those guys about the hoodliner giveaway a month ago. I only received a reply from Chris X, he still has his STR and its put up for the winter, he also stated that he has been really slammed at work lately.

As far as Jim (bodyman) I did not get a reply. I don't believe his wife Laurie would ever allow Jim to sell her baby, I hope they are both well.

I even hit Rob (spitfire) on the PM, no response from him as well. As crazy as he was about his S Type I couldn't imagine that he sold his either. I do know that he tried starting a new Jaguar forum about a year and half ago. I saw the outline of it and it was really sharp, I just don't know what happened. Rob and his wife were suppose to stop by on their way back Fl. trip 2 years ago but it was in the very late night and we couldn't make the meet.

Four years is coming up for Jon this Feb., hard to believe, man time flies. We are still very much satisfied with the ownership. Although have been keeping my eyes open for a new marque, but nothing yet. Joyce does not want a new vehicle period, she still gets all the oohs and ahhs, I think she likes that fact.
I'm on Rob's site as far as I can see he still has his S-type. He posted up on there about putting it away for winter. He has done a lot on that site which may of taken away from how often he was able to get on here. I'm sure once it gets nice again and he pulls the S-type back out he may jump back on here occasionally.

No worries about any hijacking, guys. This is definitely one of those stream-of-conciousness threads....

And no one here who remembers Daniel Satur and his wacky repair advice misses him. That guy was a real piece of work. I remember wondering if he was spouting off just to jerk the moderators' chains, but I think he was completely serious the majority of the time....
What about that other guy that got banned a while back that kept claiming he was had bought those STR's that ended up being pics he took from Autotrader that he had taken from different years so nothing added up. I can't even remember his name. What a character that guy was.

Last edited by vance580; 12-26-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,379 Likes on 2,860 Posts

Good to see you here, Chris. Glad to know that you still check in with us from time to time since I know you're primarily a bike guy now. And thanks for the offer to assist with any Jaguar issues that might come up. My S-Type has been rock-solid for a couple of years now. My wife's XK8 seems to throw various issues at me every month or so. I've been able to handle them all thus far with the assistance of several key guys in the XK8 section. Man, that is one quirky car. If you think the electronics in our S-Types are problematic, you should try an XK8. It is insane....

Congrats on your admittance to N.C. State (my alma mater). Go Pack....