S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windscreen Wiper Jet

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windscreen Wiper Jet

I am only getting a dribble of wiper fluid when pressing the end of the stalk in for the wipers.

I can hear the motor no problem but both the left and the right jets only just about reach the windscreen.

Is it time for a new pump? Or do I have a blockage somewhere?
If so how?

I have tried cleaning the jets with a pin like I have on all other previous cars I have owned which usually clears such problems but not this time.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 11-15-2016, 04:28 AM
Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

The reservoir eventually gets gunk in it and this will get into the pump, the lines and jets etc. and stop the washer from getting any water through the system.

Put a water hose into the reservoir and give it a good long blast to remove as much gunk as possible letting it overflow and flush things out a bit. Remove the lines from the jets and give the lines a good long blast of a can (or 2) of compressed air down the line back to the pump/reservoir. This should push any gunk back into the reservoir so give it another good flush with the hose. This worked for me and avoided the need to remove the reservoir to clean the pump etc. ( remove the front wheel and wheelarch liner etc) .

To avoid gunk some say don''t use tap water in the reservoir but use Distilled Water which has had the impurities removed.I m giving that a try and it seems to be working

The following 3 users liked this post by kosta013:
HeritageXJR (06-20-2024), Jumpin' Jag Flash (11-19-2016), tech.advice (02-20-2017)