S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper blade removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper blade removal

Does anyone know how to remove the wiper blades ? Mine only seem to come up so far then the arm stops them.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Wiper blade removal

lol....it's a bit tricky but if you can't figure it out better take it to a mechanic or your neighbor....forceing it will only scratch the finish on the arm..
Here is link...

http://www.ehow.com/how_107_replace-...eld-wiper.html

Old 02-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, I know how to change the blade, it's getting the arm to right angles from the windscreen that I'm having problems with as there seems to be a notch in the arm that stops you lifting it into position.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Open bonnet.
13mm socket- remove wipers arms.
The wipers can then be removed and refitted easily.
I did mine recently without removing them but it may depend on what fitment is used as some cannot be done without removing the arms from the car.

The following users liked this post:
Ducmon (07-06-2016)
Old 01-16-2011, 07:45 AM
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Where did you get your new wiper blades from? Are they the same as the OEM blades, which I assume can only be purchased from a Jaguar Dealers. I haven't been able to find any wiper blades that look like the original blades on my 2007 XKR.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

On our S Type, I purchased new thin rail wiper replacements (AutoZone). I bent the end stopping tab up so I could easily slide out the old rubber wiper blade and slide the new blade in and simply bending the end stop tab back down. I threw out the new metal arms.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put in some PIAA Silicone Wiper blades this fall after reading a similar thread on wipers. So far they clean as well as or better than the OEM blades did new. They also seem to handle winter conditions much better with less sticking and streaking when dealing with road spray and snow. Combined these with a fresh Rain-X treatment when changing the wipers and my glass has never looked so nice in January.

Your local shop may not have them, but you can search "PIAA 94060 Silicone Wiper Blade Refill" on Amazon which is where I ordered mine from.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,364 Likes on 2,854 Posts

PIAA makes the best bang-for-the-buck blade inserts I've ever found. Still have a two-year-old set on my wife's Lexus SUV that work just as good as new, even in our recent snow & ice storms. I have the normal Trico blade inserts on our S-Type now, but I'll probably go with a set of PIAA inserts next time. If you purchase the correct PIAA part numbers, they are exact-fit right into our existing S-Type arms. Just get the correct part number on the PIAA website (or call a PIAA dealer) to be sure your new inserts fit your existing arms....

The following users liked this post:
androulakis (01-16-2011)
Old 01-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 506 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon89
PIAA makes the best bang-for-the-buck blade inserts I've ever found. Still have a two-year-old set on my wife's Lexus SUV that work just as good as new, even in our recent snow & ice storms. I have the normal Trico blade inserts on our S-Type now, but I'll probably go with a set of PIAA inserts next time. If you purchase the correct PIAA part numbers, they are exact-fit right into our existing S-Type arms. Just get the correct part number on the PIAA website (or call a PIAA dealer) to be sure your new inserts fit your existing arms....
Jon,

Thanks for this.

You have an 05 that has the washer nozzle on the wiper arm right? Or do you have the earlier version with the washer nozzles on the hood?

I have a set of Bosch Icon Blades on the S-Type that are about a year old, that I was never particularly impressed with. And are starting to streak as of lately.

You wouldn't happen to have part #'s would you?

Take care,

George

Old 01-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Good to know about the PIAA blades. I am a big user of Auqapel, it usually lasts about 9-12 months and I don't even have to use wipers when I'm at 55mph+.

I just got two treatments on E-bay for $10 shipped.

http://www.aquapel.com/how-Aquapel-works.php

Old 01-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hahahahah
So far only us (jaguar Owners) are heaving problem with the wiper blades.

it was a real shocker to me as well when i had to replaced mine.
went to the Autozone, pick up a nice winter blade, but guess what.
can't be used, since my 05 STR had a water nozzle in the arm.

Initial start, I had difficulties removing the wiper blade, but it comes off each with a small flat head screw driver to click the pin from underneath.

After lessen learn. probably cheaper to go to jag and buy the replacement insert or even ask then to install.

good luck.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Kapitan1975
Hahahahah
So far only us (jaguar Owners) are heaving problem with the wiper blades.

it was a real shocker to me as well when i had to replaced mine.
went to the Autozone, pick up a nice winter blade, but guess what.
can't be used, since my 05 STR had a water nozzle in the arm.

Initial start, I had difficulties removing the wiper blade, but it comes off each with a small flat head screw driver to click the pin from underneath.

After lessen learn. probably cheaper to go to jag and buy the replacement insert or even ask then to install.

good luck.
I think I'm confused I have an 05 with the washer nozzle on the arm but you can still replace the whole arm. The nozzle is just part of the mount so you have to take off the mount of the new one and click in the one with the washer nozzle then reinstall. I can do a video if you guys are unsure what I'm saying. I do need a new drivers side my passenger side was replaced 2 months ago since it wasnt hitting the windshield at all.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,211 Posts

vance on our '05 the squirter (noozle) is rivited onto the arm.

Auto Zone carries aftermarket squirters (nozzles) that can be clipped on. They are kept behind the counter and one has to ask for them.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default New wiper blades

Spoke to my local Jag dealers this morning and they confirmed the price for both passenger and driver blades would be around £30. I looked at the UK PIAA web set and a set is about £44. Given that the dealers will fit them for free and I know I'll be getting the same OEM wipers that have lasted 50,000 miles, I will take the cheaper and easier option of letting my dealer sort them out. This is even more convenient for me as the car is being serviced this weekend.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,531 Likes on 3,941 Posts

I bought the wiper inserts, which were about £13 for the pair.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by vance580
I think I'm confused I have an 05 with the washer nozzle on the arm but you can still replace the whole arm. The nozzle is just part of the mount so you have to take off the mount of the new one and click in the one with the washer nozzle then reinstall. I can do a video if you guys are unsure what I'm saying. I do need a new drivers side my passenger side was replaced 2 months ago since it wasnt hitting the windshield at all.
What type of blade did you use? I'm guessing a Trico metal blade, they are the OEM supplier to Jaguar. The only blade that fits the nozzle/clip is the old style metal blade. The more modern solid flexible blades DO NOT fit. The nozzle / clip WILL NOT mount in the body of those blades. I fixed my issue by going to the UK and buying a pair that has the nozzles mounted to the blade. They work great. Needed those up North since the old type blades clog real bad with ice...

Old 01-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
What type of blade did you use? I'm guessing a Trico metal blade, they are the OEM supplier to Jaguar. The only blade that fits the nozzle/clip is the old style metal blade. The more modern solid flexible blades DO NOT fit. The nozzle / clip WILL NOT mount in the body of those blades. I fixed my issue by going to the UK and buying a pair that has the nozzles mounted to the blade. They work great. Needed those up North since the old type blades clog real bad with ice...
Fortunately (in this case), I have an 03 so I have conventional mounted hood squirters, so we can use whatever blade we choose. I wonder what makes more of a mess. My washer system or yours Jeff.

Take care,

George

Old 01-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
I just used a standard Anco blade from Autozone. I was taking a 800 mile trip one way and knew I was gonna hit rain to I replaced my passenger side since it wouldnt hit the windshield at all. Switched out the blade arm and now its all good. My drivers side it starting to streak so I'll probably put a new one on there soon. I just checked out the clips I was talking about and I think you were right Rick cause they say Trico on them so I think is was an aftermarket item that was added by the previous owner. They work great though they just replace the clips that hold the wipers on and there is your nozzle. Below are some pics of the nozzle that I have which is why I was confused.

Attached Thumbnails  Wiper blade removal-dscf8847.jpg    Wiper blade removal-dscf8848.jpg    Wiper blade removal-dscf8845.jpg  
Old 01-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,364 Likes on 2,854 Posts

George,

Yes, our 2005 model has the washer nozzles built into the wiper arms....

When I researched the PIAA blade inserts for our 2005 S-Type back in December 2009, the part numbers were as follows:

Drivers side is PIAA part no. 94060. 24-inch length with a 6 mm claw width.

Passengers side is PIAA part no. 94050. 20-inch length with a 6 mm claw width. Yes, I know the Jaguar factory blade specifies a 19-inch length, but PIAA did not offer a 19-inch blade in the necessary 6 mm claw width at that time. Perhaps they do now. If not, go with the 20-inch version....

You can call PIAA in Oregon at (800) 525-7422.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jon89
George,

Yes, our 2005 model has the washer nozzles built into the wiper arms....

When I researched the PIAA blade inserts for our 2005 S-Type back in December 2009, the part numbers were as follows:

Drivers side is PIAA part no. 94060. 24-inch length with a 6 mm claw width.

Passengers side is PIAA part no. 94050. 20-inch length with a 6 mm claw width. Yes, I know the Jaguar factory blade specifies a 19-inch length, but PIAA did not offer a 19-inch blade in the necessary 6 mm claw width at that time. Perhaps they do now. If not, go with the 20-inch version....

You can call PIAA in Oregon at (800) 525-7422.
Thank you!!

Does the 20" version have any clearance issues as far as hitting anything?? It just seems like it would clear a larger seciton of the windshield, that's all??

Take care,

George

Quick Reply: Wiper blade removal