S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper blade removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,364 Likes on 2,854 Posts

No clearance problems with the 20-inch blade insert on the passenger side. I also run longer inserts on my Dodge Ram, and no clearance problems there, either. As long as the insert is only an inch or so longer, most vehicles present no problems....

Old 01-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

You guys..
i found this blades with the water nozzle built in for out car (05 S type)
the price is much as a good blade in the auto part.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JAGUAR-S-TYPE-FL...item5ade82f8a4

Old 02-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing 06 Stype Wipers (Should apply to '05-'08)

This is not as easy as it should be. I went to AutoZone and O'Reilly's - then tried Carquest etc. Could not find any blades.

After some searching on the internet, I found what are listed as being the correct blades: ANCO AeroVantage 91-22 and 91-19. Based on what I had read, it appeared the wiper arm was to be taken apart and the "refill blade" used in place of the original. I tried that, but could not get the wiper blade out of the wiper arm - Never figured out why. Based on the blade width, this would not have worked anyway. So I reassembled the Anco wiper blade.

Finally, through the various threads and adding my trials and errors ...here's the process:

Buy the above wiper arms. I found them on Amazon and they are inexpensive.

Remove the Jag wiper arm:
- pull off the wiper tube from the arm
- Lift the arm and look in the center hole where the arm mounts - you will see a small lever; lift it upwards with a small screwdriver while pushing the arm off the metal hook

Remove the plastic part that went on the hook from the Jag wiper (Jag Adapter) - to do this, slide a small screwdriver in between the arm opening side and the Jag Adapter; pry it open a bit and work the adapter out a bit, then shift to the other side and pry it out similarly. You should be able to work it out of the Jag wiper arm without damaging either. You will need this Jag Adapter to keep your washer working with the ANCO wiper arm.

Replace with the Anco wiper arms
- Discard the adapter supplied with the Anco arm
- Replace it with the Jag Adapter - I found it to be too tight a fit - it does not just slide in. So I ended up widening the opening where the Jag Adapter fits in using a claw hammer - sliding the claws in the opening and twisting it to apply leverage to the two sides to spread them slightly apart. I did this on both sides of the metal pivot arm in the opening. I was then able to push the Jag adapter although still a tight fit.

Reattach the wiper arm
This is done as usual, sliding the J hook into the blade opening and pushing the wiper arm back in place. This also took a little coaxing and movement of the arm while working it on, but it worked. You should hear it click in place.

Reattach your wiper hoses.

Tested wipers and washer and all worked fine.

First one took me about and hour or more (LOL - mainly because I was working in the blind). But the second one, following the above procedure took no more than 10 minutes.

Much better to actually see out the Windshield, yes?