S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper Blades

I have searched high and low, but cannot figure out how to take off the old wiper blades on my 05 STR to save my life. The nozzles are on them and makes it virtually impossible, I am in dire need of new wipers these are peeling off.. any help please!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Napa has replacement refills (just the rubbers). There's a thread on here. I did mine a couple of months ago for under $15. I wouldn't recommend doing it with the blades still on the car though. You have to twist the washer hose gently until it loosens and then unclip the blade assembly. If your hose is old and sun exposed then I suppose it might not come off too well though.

go here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...l-guide-30495/

Last edited by Staatsof; 04-20-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:24 PM

Is there no way to replace the whole thing? The whole wiper blade? I want to use the RainX latitude wipers.

Old 04-21-2011, 03:18 AM
Veteran Member

This is discussed in at least one of the threads on here. If it's not the one I listed it's on another. There are alternative blades available from the UK but not Rainex that I ever got confirmed. Go do some research on here.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

I got PIAA blades from TireRack.com. They have the aero spoiler on them like the OEM blades. I found nothing out of the ordinary as far as changing them goes - just took a small screwdriver and popped the clip and it was off.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Lion (04-27-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 217 Likes on 129 Posts

If you want to run Rain-x lattitudes you are going to have to get a different clip. Here are some pics of what I'm talking about. If the Rain-x are the aero type blades I know there is only one kind you can run on the S type just not sure which ones because they would have to be able to accept this clip. The only problem is these were installed on mine by the previous owner so I dont know where you can get them. I'm sure if you look around online you may be able to source them now that you see what they look like. Sorry the pics are blurry but it should give you an idea of what you are looking for.
Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails Wiper Blades-dscf8845.jpg   Wiper Blades-dscf8846.jpg   Wiper Blades-dscf8847.jpg   Wiper Blades-dscf8849.jpg  
Old 04-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know guys last week I went to get my car aligned and decided to try out the rainx but install them first to see if it'll work before buying them, it uses 22" and 19". That being said, the installation was easy but it didn't turn out to be so good.
The adapter that comes with the rainx is to use with the plastic adapter that attaches to the arm of our cars which ended up to be to be tight not being able to perform its job. anyone had this problem?

Old 04-22-2011, 03:46 AM

I have just fitted the later style blades fitted to new cars.
They are in the UK but would post I think.
So much better and comes with the washer jets for the face lift cars.
Link Jaguar S type 2004-Current (WASHER JET FITTING)

These fit with No adapters the are made for the job.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member
Default Merge threads?

Maybe when they're done discussin' the latest wipers & blade choices we could merge this with the earlier thread?

Has it been stickied yet?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,429 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Zenman63;
Thanks for that. I have been looking for the better flat blade type wiper and arm for my 2005. Can you see any brand name on them? I have not found these in the US and was hoping you might know?

Old 04-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Zenman63;
Thanks for that. I have been looking for the better flat blade type wiper and arm for my 2005. Can you see any brand name on them? I have not found these in the US and was hoping you might know?
No one in the US sells them that I could find last year. Got the set from the UK.. Not too bad price wise and took about a week to get them.

Originally Posted by Zenman63
I have just fitted the later style blades fitted to new cars.
They are in the UK but would post I think.
So much better and comes with the washer jets for the face lift cars.
Link Jaguar S type 2004-Current (WASHER JET FITTING)

These fit with No adapters the are made for the job.

Ahhh, yes... the dreaded "wiper blade" topic rears it's ugly head once more..

For those of you that want to get a standard blade.. The Jaguar blade is made by Trico.. Any auto-parts store will more than likely have a refill that will fit it fine...

BUT.. If you want a solid blade like the rainX or Bosch you have to either get a set of washer nozzles that will fit on the wiper arm and actually work or pick up a set of these from the UK..

I found them listed on E-Bay, but they are less expensive on the site that Zenman63 posted... I put them on my 05 last year and they worked great through the winter.

Last edited by JOsworth; 04-22-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chris X
I got PIAA blades from TireRack.com. They have the aero spoiler on them like the OEM blades. I found nothing out of the ordinary as far as changing them goes - just took a small screwdriver and popped the clip and it was off.
That's because you have an 03.... In 05 they took the washer nozzles off the hood and moulded them into the wiper blade clip! You can see it in Vance's pictures... Absolutely horrible design.. They should have made the nozzles part of the wiper arm... Not the damn clip...

But, I don't have to worry 'bout that any more...

Old 04-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
That's because you have an 03.... In 05 they took the washer nozzles off the hood and moulded them into the wiper blade clip! You can see it in Vance's pictures... Absolutely horrible design.. They should have made the nozzles part of the wiper arm... Not the damn clip...

I run Anco's with those clips and they work fine. You just have to remove the Anco clip and replace it with the one on the car. I'm going to be getting a new set of wipers soon and will see what other brands will work. I know in the book I was looking at the other day some manufacturers wipers were not shown as compatable with the S type most likely cause of the nozzle clip. So make sure the blades you are buying are compatable.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth

Yeah I noticed that when I went to search for 05's....so disregard my post since its obviously of no use to the 05+ guys...sorry bout that.

Bummer!

Old 04-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered Rain-X blades to replace what was on my car when I got it. I've never had such a time replacing blades. The hood was in the way and what I got didn't fit well. I think they are on there well but I'm not sure.
What is the mainly used brand, item #, etc? Maybe I'll just order them.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Blue Lion
I ordered Rain-X blades to replace what was on my car when I got it. I've never had such a time replacing blades. The hood was in the way and what I got didn't fit well. I think they are on there well but I'm not sure.
What is the mainly used brand, item #, etc? Maybe I'll just order them.
As crazy as it sounds you cant replace them easily unless you remove the arms. If you try to do it without removing them you are either going to scratch the hood mess up the windshield or break the arms. Just take the extra time and just remove the arm and switch out the blade then reinstall.

Last edited by vance580; 04-22-2011 at 09:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by vance580:
Blue Lion (04-27-2011), GoKittyGo (04-30-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Zenman63;
There made but Wipex uk.
Washer works well, a good upgrade, all 2005 on cars are fine with these.
Pre 05 just order without the washer jets.
Some on UK ebay are a cheep copy of these, just go direct to Wipex.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Veteran Member

That's not crazy sounding at all. Replacing with "refills" is a much fussier job and you need some needle nose pliers etc. You're exactly right Vance. Just remove them first and you'll be a much happier camper. Or, get a set of new blades. You still have to remove the washer hose if you have them though.

Do it once a year at $10 each time and you'll be just fine. I don't drive my car in the ice/snow so maybe the stock units suck for that. I know the car sucks in the snow so why bother.

Originally Posted by vance580
As crazy as it sounds you cant replace them easily unless you remove the arms. If you try to do it without removing them you are either going to scratch the hood mess up the windshield or break the arms. Just take the extra time and just remove the arm and switch out the blade then reinstall.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,379 Likes on 2,860 Posts

I've installed two new sets of Trico inserts since I purchased the car in December 2008. It's easy for me to do it without removing the wiper arms - takes me about three minutes per side to remove the old insert and install the new one. But at 6-foot-7, I have a very long reach. If you're under 6-foot-4 or so, it probably is much easier to go ahead and remove the wiper arms before you switch inserts....

Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Veteran Member

You've got 4 inches on me guy ... I found it a bit fussy to get them out and back in on mine. Sitting down at a table makes it very reasonable for me. The blades aren't hard to remove from the arms either. If I remember correctly it was also 11 degrees F at the time I did mine. Might have had sumthin' do with my choice ...

Quick Reply: Wiper Blades