S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just went through this hassle a few weeks ago. I bought Bosh blades that apparently were supposed to fit my car. The clip was bridle and broke in half so I had to wire tie it for a while I went to Napa and the guy told me not to waste my time and to go to Jaguar. I replaced the clip and bought new inserts as the arms are in excellent condition. I went through the same thing with the air filters but I found a parts place that carried the proper ones.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Ok so to recap.. replacement wipers should be available at most parts stores, best method is to completely remove the wiper arm, a secondary clip may be neccessary, and there is supposedly a link somewhere (I couldn't find it) on how to do the swap..?

Just want to get it clear, because I need to do mine.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Just go through Jaguar Nalleys you get the whole assembly with new washer clips for 42 a set shipped.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I just put the rianex latittudes on mine, but they seem to be too tight. So doesnt seem like its doing that well of a job. Im thinking of taking some sand paper to the clips and sanding them down a bit so it can move freely.. there is really no other way..

Old 09-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth
No one in the US sells them that I could find last year. Got the set from the UK.. Not too bad price wise and took about a week to get them.

Ahhh, yes... the dreaded "wiper blade" topic rears it's ugly head once more..

For those of you that want to get a standard blade.. The Jaguar blade is made by Trico.. Any auto-parts store will more than likely have a refill that will fit it fine...

BUT.. If you want a solid blade like the rainX or Bosch you have to either get a set of washer nozzles that will fit on the wiper arm and actually work or pick up a set of these from the UK..

I found them listed on E-Bay, but they are less expensive on the site that Zenman63 posted... I put them on my 05 last year and they worked great through the winter.
I can confirm that the TRICO blades are the only ones that work that Advantage carries. I just went through that drill over my lunch hour. I still had to do a kabuki dance with the blade to get it installed since I forgot how I did it last year. Ravages of old I guess.

Mike

Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to AutoZone, tell the nice man what you want, and he will take you to a separate rack filled with wiper blades made by Dupont. In five minutes he will have them installed and you will be on your way. They have the air deflecters built in and fit like they were made just for an 07 S Type

Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 220 Likes on 203 Posts

Interesting. Do you have the brand and part number that works so well?

Now that wasn't my experience at AutoZone. But Napa and others carry the Trico refill rubbers and they're cheap. I don't drive in the snow so freezing and clogging isn't an issue for me.

Originally Posted by arty914
Go to AutoZone, tell the nice man what you want, and he will take you to a separate rack filled with wiper blades made by Dupont. In five minutes he will have them installed and you will be on your way. They have the air deflecters built in and fit like they were made just for an 07 S Type

Old 09-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wiper Blades-wiper-blades-jag-002.jpg

Here's a pic of the wipers. $13.99 for small & $16.99 for large. Hope this helps.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:49 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

Attachment 12787

Here's a pic of the wipers. $13.99 for small & $16.99 for large. Hope this helps.
Funny thing is the package says they are made by Trico. Again, if the frame is Trico it normally fits the nozzle/brackets. The challenge is really finding a solid blade for those people that deal with ice and snow in the winter. Again, the only ones I ever found that worked were on E-Bay from the UK.

On a side note @arty... I see you say you are from Akron as well.... Howdy Neighbor!!!!!

Last edited by JOsworth; 09-10-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
Interesting. Do you have the brand and part number that works so well?

Now that wasn't my experience at AutoZone. But Napa and others carry the Trico refill rubbers and they're cheap. I don't drive in the snow so freezing and clogging isn't an issue for me.
I had the same experience at autozone, yet I asked for refills...Now that I see arty said the words AIR DEFLECTORS I should of known he meant the whole thing...But A-Z sells theirs for $31 bucks, the UK ebay ones are $52 shipped (exchange rate will change daily)...I say go big and the UK ones or go small and get the refills...

Old 09-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

You can see Trico on that? I see a whole lot of blurr. I can't even make out a part number.

There are multiple blade configurations for Trico stuff.

Originally Posted by JOsworth
Funny thing is the package says they are made by Trico. Again, if the frame is Trico it normally fits the nozzle/brackets. The challenge is really finding a solid blade for those people that deal with ice and snow in the winter. Again, the only ones I ever found that worked were on E-Bay from the UK.

On a side note @arty... I see you say you are from Akron as well.... Howdy Neighbor!!!!!

Old 09-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Staatsof
You can see Trico on that? I see a whole lot of blurr. I can't even make out a part number.

There are multiple blade configurations for Trico stuff.
Yup, right above the word "Shield" it says "Engineered by Trico"

The part numbers are 20-190 for the 19" and 20-240 for the 24".

My experience with fitting a ton of different blades (not just the refill) was that the attachment point on a metal frame Trico blade seemed to always fit the integrated washer clip. Now... Even the solid blade type made by Trico did not fit the clip..

Old 09-11-2011, 05:19 AM
Veteran Member

I was talking about blade refills.

Maybe we need a sticky for how to take photos.
Come on guys. You can do better than that.

Last edited by Staatsof; 09-14-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went to Autozone and bought 24" and 19" NARROW Anco Blade refills for $15.31 with taxes for both and that's TWO refills each! Easy as pie...

Old 09-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Please don't take the wrong way. I have often been jealous of the improvements made on the later year models reading these posts and seeing the improvements made on your cars, learning from the mistakes I have had to experience as the crash test dummy, so you guys could enjoy the benefits of my cars errors.

So to now read about, (newer models, 2003 and up) having all these issues finding a wiper blade that works, I can't help but laugh a little and say ha ha, I don't have this issue. With my 2000, almost any blade at the zone (Use the Rainex brand right now) just snap right into place in 5 seconds.
Now after I post this, I know I am going to get an error code for something major .

Old 09-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by Amadauss
Please don't take the wrong way. I have often been jealous of the improvements made on the later year models reading these posts and seeing the improvements made on your cars, learning from the mistakes I have had to experience as the crash test dummy, so you guys could enjoy the benefits of my cars errors.

So to now read about, (newer models, 2003 and up) having all these issues finding a wiper blade that works, I can't help but laugh a little and say ha ha, I don't have this issue. With my 2000, almost any blade at the zone (Use the Rainex brand right now) just snap right into place in 5 seconds.
Now after I post this, I know I am going to get an error code for something major .
Hate to rain on your parade.... But as this thread goes... The owners of 2003 and 2004 cars actually have the best of both worlds... See, they have the washer nozzles still on the hood so they too can get any solid blade (RainX or Bosch) and they work fine.. It is the 2005 and up owners that have been cursed by having the washer nozzles built into the wiper blade clip...

Now the error code comment....that's some funny stuff right there!

Old 09-18-2011, 04:43 PM

Well ok....... then ha ha you 2005 and up owners.

What goes around....my wife just called from cell, car went into limp mode and she is stuck on the thruway. Just kidding

Old 09-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Veteran member

Well ok....... then ha ha you 2005 and up owners.

What goes around....my wife just called from cell, car went into limp mode and she is stuck on the thruway. Just kidding
You better stop joking about that.... The Cat will spin around and bite you....

Ha, this from someone who is considering giving his wife the blessing to get a Mercedes....

Old 09-18-2011, 06:11 PM

Can't say its a bad move with the Mercedes, depending on which model.

That cat will never turn around and bite, I care for her to much. At night I even put a saucer of milk on the garage floor just in case she comes alive and gets thirsty.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 20,401 Likes on 8,235 Posts

Can't say its a bad move with the Mercedes, depending on which model.

That cat will never turn around and bite, I care for her to much. At night I even put a saucer of milk on the garage floor just in case she comes alive and gets thirsty.

You might also stroke the hood ornament and say..."Nice kitty kitty, nice puddy tat.."

Quick Reply: Wiper Blades