S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wired For CD-Changer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wired For CD-Changer?

Ok.... the one thing about my new S-Type is the sound system. I have posted here and other places bout getting the Jag iPod adaper for the Sat Radio installed.

Both of these options are 1,100.00EACH from the dealer with installation. Nope!

In the sales lit for the car it lists "Pre-wired For 6-CD Changer" as standard equipment for the car. What does this mean? Can I buy one and just plug it in? Is this another 1,100.00 +option?

Old 10-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Default RE: Wired For CD-Changer?

Well I can't say for sure I'll post pics of what mine looks like. My S-type has a bunch of harness's that aren't hooked into anything. I can post a pic of the what the cable that hooks into the cd changer looks like but not until this weekend. I think you can see the cable in the first pic? Worst case senario you buy a used one off ebay for @ $100 and DIY, if it doesn't work re-sell it on ebay.

What year is your Jag? ACM's go for around $280 brand new I don't know what the dealer charges for the install but $1,100 is insane. I would call around to get prices quotes. Some one recently had one installed you should check that thread and ask what they paid for the install.
Name:  Picture042.jpg
Views: 3856
Size:  55.1 KB

This one is the amp wire harness
Name:  Picture043.jpg
Views: 3180
Size:  40.1 KB

Old 10-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

What year S-Type do you have? If you have 2000 to 2002 model with the factory radio, you are in luck!

A company in Indiana, called Logjam Electronics distributes an iPod interface that connects to the CD changer connector on the back of the radio (or to the connector in the trunk depending you what configuration you have). The price: $140. I have one and it works great. You just set up a playlist called CD01, CD02, etc. in the iPod, then the factory radio thinks the iPod is a CD changer so you get control of the iPod from using your steering wheel controls. It's awesome!

Unfortunately, their website no longer lists the product due to the limited # of sales, however, you can call them to place a special order.

Below is my correspondence with them (start reading at the bottom).

[hr][/align] From: Logjam Technical Support [mailto:techsupport@logjamelectronics.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:00 PM
Subject: RE: What Happend to the Jaguar S-Type iPod Interface? Yes, we will still be selling both models at $139.95. Actually the JAG/PC-POD has been replaced by the JAG/PC-POD2, which does not lock out the iPOD completely and gives you some control from both the factory radio and the iPOD, and is designed for Jaguars that do not have the pre-wired CD changer connector in the trunk, with the interface connecting behind the radio. The JAGW/PC-POD2is designed to install in the rear at the pre-wired CD changer connector. For either device to work, you will need to disconnect the factory CD changer if your vehicle is so equipped. Technical Support
Logjam Electronics
techsupport@logjamelectronics.com
www.logjamelectronics.com
[hr][/align] Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:41 AM
To: techsupport@logjamelectronics.com
Subject: RE: What Happend to the Jaguar S-Type iPod Interface? Thanks. If I recall, you have two models, one model if there is a CD changer in the trunk/glove box and another model without a changer. I order JAG/PC-POD which is model without a CD Changer so I assume the PC-POD2 is when you have a changer. Is this correct? So are you still selling both models? Is the price still $139.95 plus shipping? [hr] [/align] From: Logjam Technical Support [mailto:techsupport@logjamelectronics.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:05 AM
Subject: RE: What Happend to the Jaguar S-Type iPod Interface? The JAG/PC-POD2 is still available from the manufacturer. We took it off the websitebecause the sales of that device was too low to keep it in stock. It can still be ordered through us as a special order item and drop shipped directly from the manufacturer. Technical Support
Logjam Electronics
techsupport@logjamelectronics.com
www.logjamelectronics.com
[hr][/align] Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 10:13 PM
To: techsupport@logjamelectronics.com
Subject: What Happend to the Jaguar S-Type iPod Interface? I recently purchased your iPod interface for my Jaguar S-Type. This works great and I wanted to recommend this to other S-Type owners. So has it been discontinued forever?v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}

Old 10-31-2008, 09:57 AM

I have a 2006... so I'm not in luck! You would think such a high end car would have this as standard equipment. I think the Ford Focus has a line in standard on their cars... that come with a radio....

Old 11-04-2008, 04:21 AM

Be patient TXCraig, as I only had one day off in the last 12 days, so I didnt get a chance to take the pics that I promised, but I will. My next day off is thursday a few more days hang in there...I will take pics of the CD harness.

Old 04-30-2020, 05:30 PM
Default 2001 s type cd changer plug in location on radio

Any one know where on actualradio the wire for cd changer goes?????
Originally Posted by TXCraig
I have a 2006... so I'm not in luck! You would think such a high end car would have this as standard equipment. I think the Ford Focus has a line in standard on their cars... that come with a radio....

Old 04-30-2020, 08:48 PM
Received 8,180 Likes on 4,934 Posts

The early cars had the harness in the glove cubby taped up near the steel structural tubing under the windscreen.
Later cars have it in the boot behind the interior side carpeting.

bob