S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xenon HID bulb out.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 07:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Xenon HID bulb out.

So I have a bulb out. No big deal, I say. I go pick up a couple of halogen bulbs from the store, only to find later that my S-Type has a Xenon HID upgrade to the headlights.

What's my road to fix it? I understand it could be a bulb or ballast, but to trouble shoot it, I need to take off the bumper (I think) and we are in the middle of -10C weather here. Do I just bite the bullet and give it to my mechanic?

Or do I wait for more clement weather? I need to bring this in without breaking the bank.

Where is the best place for these parts? Shipping shouldn't be an issue for small parts like these.

Any advice appreciated! Thank you.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,185 Likes on 1,625 Posts

How about swapping bulbs side to side to see if it is the bulb?

Old 12-19-2016, 07:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I want to do that, but my concern is how easy it is to get to them. I did just find this in another thread which fills me with hope.

"People you do not have to remove Front Bumper to replace HID bulbs in 2003 s type r.. Its very simple,,,

First off you need to remove the plastic cover that lays acrooss the top of the lights..

For the passenger side you have to un fasten the fuse box the sits directly behind the the light this box unfastens and folds upwards, there is also a screw that holds the wiring harness in place losen that screw and that fuse box folds up, after you do that the ACCESS PANEL the the HID BULBS IS ACCESSABLE,, For the driver side HID BULB, UNSCREW the screws that hold the Air filter box in place, and the air filter box folds up and that gives you access to the driver side HID BULB. BULBS ARE HID DS2 4300K FOR OEM, 6000K FOR BRIGHT WHITES OF 8000K FOR LIGHT BLUE"