S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zenon turned pink.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008 | 07:41 PM
Default RE: Zenon turned pink.

sounds like a bulb.. halogen bulbs come out in 1 min.. but the hid is challenging... when the connector goes in the bulb assembly.. it pushes a plastic piece like a trigger and this kinda locks the bulbs in.. it is way over engineered.. sometimes i can do it no problem.. but other times i wanna kill my self.. will have to remove air filter ***. on drivers side.. if on passenger.. may have to take off bumper.. just pay attention to the orientation.. when you remove the bulb holder.. which way is pointing up.. then when you pop the bulb off the orientation of the bulb to the ring clip and the holder..

Old 05-03-2008 | 06:26 PM
|

Thanks for the tips!

Old 05-06-2008 | 11:04 AM
|

Well, I got the bulbs changed and I am having the same problem. The same bulb came on for a few seconds and then flickered a couple of times and then went out. Now it doesn't come on at all. It was not very bright even when it did come on. Also tried switching the connectors and it still wouldn't come on. What would be my next check? Is the module the thin metal peice just to th outside of the light assembly? Any other possibilities? I'm not sure if you have tried this or not but unhooking the fuse box on the passenger side behind the headlight and lifting it out of the way gives you much more access to that bulb. A couple of pics of the module and other possible causes would be a great help! Thanks.
P.S. I'm not really liking the blue light bulbs.

Old 05-06-2008 | 05:21 PM
Veteran member

thats good news..just need to replace the ballast now. You'll get the old light color back afterward Sorry you had to spend $50 to test it out, but it beats a diagnostic fee at the dealer, eh? 8000's are too blue for my taste too.

I don't know where your ballast is located, but one of the techs or s-type owners will let you know.

Old 05-06-2008 | 07:34 PM

yeah right beside the headlamp module.. looks like you need a module..

Old 05-07-2008 | 02:28 AM
|

I will also say that the bulb was bad because one of the little white beads inside the bulb had black spots on it and the good one didn't. Are you saying that the module is the socket the the bulb plugs into with the small wire plug on the side of it? If so thats what was swapped to the other side and it made no difference. And the ballast or ignighter is the thin metal box just to the outside of the headlight next to the fender? Sorry for all the questions. In my opinion something is putting too much power into the light and burning out the bulb only on the drivers side.
Thanks!

Old 05-07-2008 | 06:49 PM
Veteran member

can you swap that ballast/ignitor with the passenger side without cutting wires? if so, try that...what you describe, does sound like the right unit.

Old 05-15-2008 | 02:11 AM
|

Ok, Still looking for just a module for a decent price if anyone can help me. genius I emailed you but no reply. Maybe you didn't get to it yet. I plan on trying to take the module from the good side and trying it on the bad side. So far the bulbs keep burning out after a few seconds. I did get the almost OEM bulbs that h20 suggested. I say almost because they are not exactly the same but I'm sure they will fit. Anyway I do need a module!
Thanks.

Old 05-18-2008 | 07:50 PM
|

OK I'm going to claim ignorance here but when I had the first set of bulbs put in the guy's didn't check the orientation like I warned them to do so now that I decided to do it myself I removed the bumper cover (actually it's very simple) and took the whole assembly out... genius do you know which way the wire on the bulb is supposed to point, ( up,down sideways?) and which way the socket is supposed to go on? Also I found that the adjuster was broken in 2 peices so I'm going to make 2 new replicas out of aluminum (one for each side). I'll post pics when I make them. I'm sure that this is why so many people claim that their headlights point to the ground. Mine too would self level and go right back to pointing down on the broken side. I am also looking for the rubber gasket that surrounds both the high and low beam for the passenger side. Mine is ripped off around the bottom. So if anyone knows where I can get one of those that would be great. I'm basically going to completley refurb both headlight assemblys as long as the cars apart. I'll send pics when I am done.
Thanks guys for all the info. Lucky I have another car to drive during this process!!