XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2013 xkr cpo...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 521 Likes on 374 Posts

Way too much money for this car.. The newer XK/XKRs are depreciationing as we are posting. A significant adjustment on price is called for...you have the leverage here...

Old 10-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphwg
The original warranty will last 48 months from the original in service date or 50k miles whichever occurs first. If the dealer is upfront about the car he/she should give you the in service date with out being asked. Also if you get serious about the car have them make sure all of the updates and TSBs that apply to the vehicle have been applied. You should also have them check the battery to ensure that it is good and will not cause you any undue problems, if so they should replace it.

I just checked the Sr Nr. of this car. It is SAJWA4DC8DMB48855 which is some 633 vehicles older than mine. You can go to Topix in the Jaguar website and enter the Sr Nr and get the build sheet and see whether any issues with the car have been addressed. If you want further input from me, pm me and I will try to help you out.
The in service date, warranty expiration date, and cpo expiration date are all clearly listed in the description.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 577 Likes on 324 Posts

I don't think it's crazy high, but it's a little high.
These cars are never "sell in a day" cars. Don't worry about it going off the market.
My stepdad sold both fords and saturns. Here's what I know to do:
Call first. Ask a few questions. Set up an "appointment." When you get there, tell them you may have to reschedule, but what can you do in 5-10 minutes (this is to get you out of there quick)?
Drive it. It's OK to show that you love it.
Give an offer lower than you think you should. They will NOT say no. They'll ask you to come in and sit down and discuss it. You, of course, are "running late" and so you will leave. Take a phone number. Call and say you're coming in the next day.
All of this is to create a "break" in the middle of the sales process. It always works in your favor.
P.S.: don't know if you're going to pay cash or finance, but if you do finance, don't discuss ANYTHING until you settle on price. Price first.
I'm telling you all this because I get the vibe you're going to buy it. If you love it, get it. Just don't overpay.

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (10-03-2016)
Old 10-02-2016, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by [B
pk4144;[/B]1545350]I don't think it's crazy high, but it's a little high.
These cars are never "sell in a day" cars. Don't worry about it going off the market.
My stepdad sold both fords and saturns. Here's what I know to do:
Call first. Ask a few questions. Set up an "appointment." When you get there, tell them you may have to reschedule, but what can you do in 5-10 minutes (this is to get you out of there quick)?
Drive it. It's OK to show that you love it.
Give an offer lower than you think you should. They will NOT say no. They'll ask you to come in and sit down and discuss it. You, of course, are "running late" and so you will leave. Take a phone number. Call and say you're coming in the next day.
All of this is to create a "break" in the middle of the sales process. It always works in your favor.
P.S.: don't know if you're going to pay cash or finance, but if you do finance, don't discuss ANYTHING until you settle on price. Price first.
I'm telling you all this because I get the vibe you're going to buy it. If you love it, get it. Just don't overpay.
pk4144:

This is not a 5th grade education forum in car buying, I hope.

We are all adults and experienced car buyers.

Your method listed above sounds a bit hokey.

Don't worry and remember, members on this forum are here to help and assist others. No one will try to buy or steal the car from the OP who considering the purchase.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:47 AM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

thank you all for the help in backing in to a valuation for this car. I emailed the dealer yesterday late and asked for them to first send me a scan of the window sticker and list of standard equipment and options. I thought I would start there. I will then have them give me a detailed review of the car's cosmetics...panel by panel as well as the interior. I was thinking that based on this forum's guidance, I would offer them $52k and be at risk of offending them. I would assume they will not accept but we can begin there.

I looked at the aston vantage coupe 4.7 liter today in order to have it be a possible option or to eliminate it. it was really too small for me. the manual was attractive to me but the reality was that I have a few very nice analogue cars so I may not need another.

whatever car I go with I will not use it tremendously as I spend most of my time on the west coast. so again, this is more of a want to have than a need to have. I do think the xkr coupe is a very elegant and mature gt and has the perfect amount of hot rod that I love...a hooligan gentleman's carriage.

I appreciate the thoughts on this car folks.

peter

Old 10-03-2016, 02:38 PM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

I would not worry about offending the dealer with a low ball offer. They are big boys and know you need an offer to get the ball rolling..

Old 10-03-2016, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 521 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by SickRob
I would not worry about offending the dealer with a low ball offer. They are big boys and know you need an offer to get the ball rolling..
I agree. There are no low ball offers on these cars. Remember they don't have a captive audience with these high end cars. Any offers can be entertained.. Be patient You have the advantage. None of these cars are that exclusive. Less buyers than you might think.. "Don't be emotional or impulsive with this type of car"... Good luck..You'll do fine.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

I guess we 2010 liquid silver, warm charcoal guys see things the same way. LOL

Old 10-09-2016, 12:47 PM

I called back on the car yesterday as they had gone radio silent on me. the car was sold for full ask. that may provide some price guidance for a minty xkr?

Old 10-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by ferraripete
I called back on the car yesterday as they had gone radio silent on me. the car was sold for full ask. that may provide some price guidance for a minty xkr?
I thought that car was spot on for price; was looking for a similar vehicle.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

When I bought my 650 back in 2009 I tried the "sweat the dealer" to lower the price. Basically was putting the price out that I would pay and willing to walk if they didn't meet it, was hoping the car would sit in inventory and they would be willing to move to my price, or at least closer. Problem was every time I did that the car ended up selling when I called a couple days later! In the end I had a good idea of what the going price would be and when I found a good deal on a car that fit my criteria I moved on it immediately. Same when bought my first XK, then my replacement XK when the first one was totaled.

I know there are some that have the opinion it is a buyers market for these cars, I don't believe that is true!

The following users liked this post:
ferraripete (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by tampamark
When I bought my 650 back in 2009 I tried the "sweat the dealer" to lower the price. Basically was putting the price out that I would pay and willing to walk if they didn't meet it, was hoping the car would sit in inventory and they would be willing to move to my price, or at least closer. Problem was every time I did that the car ended up selling when I called a couple days later! In the end I had a good idea of what the going price would be and when I found a good deal on a car that fit my criteria I moved on it immediately. Same when bought my first XK, then my replacement XK when the first one was totaled.

I know there are some that have the opinion it is a buyers market for these cars, I don't believe that is true!

mark, I tend to agree with you. it actually seems the xkr variant is becoming more desired as they are no longer available. it is a more opulent option to the f type that some still seek. I believe it is one of the sexiest machines on the road even if some believe the design a bit dated. I remain a huge fan of the design however and I am not certain a more pretty jag is on the drawing board? long live the venerable XK!!

Old 10-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 171 Posts

Some of my thoughts FWIW.

Every dealer is different: Some may have a larger margin of mark-up on their cost of individual cars in inventory and can therefore accept a lower offer below asking; Some are trying to meet monthly sales targets and may be willing to drop lower under the asking price at a certain time of the month in order to hit sales target numbers; The cost of borrowing money is at historic lows, and thus Dealerships can afford to hang on to cars longer in order to get a sales price closer to asking; and there are many other variables each dealer is juggling in order to be successful. All these will affect the final sales price a dealer lets a car go for.

As for an XK/XKR replacement...don't hold your breath for very long. What is most likely on the drawing board at JAG/LR for a GT car, will turn out to be a 2+2 F-Type. There will never be another XK series. JAG/LR will be investing in hybrid electric technology in the future, and not an all-new gasoline engine GT car.

Old 10-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,368 Likes on 3,180 Posts

Originally Posted by JagRag
....................As for an XK/XKR replacement...don't hold your breath for very long. What is most likely on the drawing board at JAG/LR for a GT car, will turn out to be a 2+2 F-Type. There will never be another XK series. JAG/LR will be investing in hybrid electric technology in the future, and not an all-new gasoline engine GT car.
Never say Never Again. Wasn't the XKSS the last ever waaaaay back when?
I still say we all need this.....

Old 10-11-2016, 05:59 PM

yes please!