XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

Fuel smell

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 09:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fuel smell

Sorry for posting this again BUT I need help.
So I replaced my trunk mounted fuel pump and the rubber fuel lines in the trunk. Put everything back together and assumed all was fixed. After a 2 hour drive I hit the dash switch to change from right tank to left tank and within 30 seconds we could smell that dreaded fuel smell again. Pulled the trunk apart and I can find no trace of any leaking fuel. Thoughts??

Old 11-21-2016, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 898 Posts

Hey Jordan, full car details in your sig would help

Old 11-21-2016, 09:48 PM

Sorry keep trying to add it
Last of the series II
1979 xj6L

Old 11-21-2016, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,442 Likes on 898 Posts

OK Jordan, first let me help you with sig . . . then your questions.

Scroll up to top of forum page where you will see horizontal black main menu bar. At far left end, click on User CP (control panel) and scroll down the menu options to Edit Signature. Note you can also Edit Avatar - the little pic associated to your user name. Either or both will then be included automatically in all your future posts . . . and makes our task soooo much easier.

Practice using all the other tools on the main menu bar . . . most importantly, the Search tools. Doing so, you will quickly find many other threads with likely answers to your fuel problem . . . one related to SeriesII cars is quite close by.

Others closer to your location are better suited to recommending replacement for your coil. If, like me, you use Jaguar's Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) then start by identifying the correct part number. These days, there are all sorts of online suppliers, offering a wide variety (and quality) of replacement parts. Some are good; some are shocking! Some will save you money; others will fail and cost you heaps.

Best wishes,

Ken

Old 11-22-2016, 09:47 AM

In the manual it shows a tube coming off the bottom big nosel. Is mine missing or was this updated. I can't see where it would go to.