XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Goodby Old Faithful

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Received 164 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Goodby Old Faithful

Well, time came to say goodbye to a faithful friend:

'13 XF 2.0T. At Willow Grove Jaguar yesterday.

And took delivery of my brandy new XE Prestige 3.5T AWD:

So...whilst the XF ownership has been entirely without drama, was time to say goodbye and pass her on to the next lucky owner...it's been good being in this group...moving my tent next door, so to speak...

The following users liked this post:
GGG (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

congrats! how does it feel going from one to the other?

Old 03-03-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by carzaddict
congrats! how does it feel going from one to the other?
Definitely a different vibe: the XF, at least in the guise that mine was, was more of a boulevard cruiser than a street fighter. Smooth, somewhat like my XJs, with just a bit harder edge.

The XE, in the 3.5 AWD trim is, to me, like a small yappy dog that's running around saying "wanna go play? throw that ball! I want a treat! Rub my tummy" if that makes any sense. It's light, eminently responsive, and with the 3 liter supercharged awd package has the right stuff for the stop light grands prix against lesser cars such as the beemers and auto unions.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:35 AM
GGG
Received 16,856 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by bdboyle
Well, time came to say goodbye to a faithful friend ....whilst the XF ownership has been entirely without drama, was time to say goodbye and pass her on to the next lucky owner...
We don't get enough troublefree ownership reports posted on the forum. I hope the replacement is equally smooth.

Graham

Old 03-03-2017, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
We don't get enough troublefree ownership reports posted on the forum. I hope the replacement is equally smooth.

Graham
I think that is because you never hear the good things that happen, only the whining when things go wrong. In 24K miles since I bought her 2 years ago...I did two oil changes, replaced the blue led trim mood lighting on the front passenger door, 2 sets of wiper blades, rear brakes, and bought the mud flaps for her.

That's it. Absolutely the most trouble-free car I've had. And that surprised me, too. (It is STILL under CPO until 9/18, for what it's worth...)

Oh, rather than turn in with the car, I do have the Official (!) Jag front windscreen shield and two rubber front floor mats left over. $50. usd for each plus shipping if anyone wants them, otherwise, will stick them on Ebay and let the market decide.