XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Air Bag Light - SRS - Advance Restraint System

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 897 Posts
Default Air Bag Light - SRS - Advance Restraint System

Hello Jag Friends...

I entered this post in an existing thread from 2013 but thought I would start a new one. Whats below is my last post - after receiving a few tips, info and great diagrams from members. I have an 'inspection' coming up on May 1st and am struggling with a few things. SRS and air bag light aka "safety" issues, being just 1. The story is long and I won't bore you with it, but basically I have to determine which of the wires coming from the "Passenger Seat Weight Pressure Sensor" in the seat, have to be connected to the "Passenger Seat Weight Sensing Module" (is that built into the Seat Control Module?) to connect to the to wiring coming from under carpet that goes to the "Occupancy Sensing Module" or "OSM". I believe that will resolve my air bag light problem. Below is my last message in that other thread...

So this is what I've come up with... Thanks a LOT for the diagrams. I'm hoping folks can tell me if I'm on the right track. To remind, the wire harness between the Seat Control Module and the car was cut somehow, for some reason, by the PO and although I've gotten all functions of my seat to work, it seems the wiring concerned with the SRS, airbags and weight sensor are not. I simply have not been able to figure out which of the wires they are.

Q1... My VIN ends in A25607 - Am I even looking at the right diagram? The diagram sheet indicates "----> A11061" on the bottom right corner... (below)

Full manual here. Original pic on page 125 - Fig 18-1 http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Auto.../jagxk2001.pdf

Q2... If so, looking down in the bottom left hand corner for the wiring diagram (facing screen) I see the "Passenger Seat Weight Pressure Sensor", the "Passenger Seat Weight Sensing Module" and the "Occupancy Sensing Module" itself. Can I simply trace wires colored BO, WG and G from PSWPS and connect to the PSWSM (is the PSWSM incorporated in the Seat Control Module or is it a separate module)? Or will I need to be tracing the U and O wires from the PSWSM and making connection to the "OSM" itself (using U and O wires coming from OSM found in the harness bundle on the floor of the car)? And,,, will the colors coming from the OSM (on the car end) be color coded the same as from the PSWPS or the PSWSM?

At this point I don't have a picture of the "wire harness" and wire bundle under the seat (which I can provide) BUT I do have pictures (thanks to you all) of the diagrams. See below...

The following users liked this post:
Orthodixie (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

Both the Sensor and module are under the seat cushion and yes, whatever colour you have at one will be the same at the other.

The occupancy sensing module is behind the A post/right side facial so you could check the continuity from there to under the seat to ensure the cables are good.

Have a look at the written part of diagram 18.1 and it will also tell what colour plugs to look for.
Good luck.

Last edited by jimbov8; 04-28-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Orthodixie (04-29-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 897 Posts

Hey Jimbo... Thanks!

So I've heard this expression A Post/Right Side... This might sound dumb, but, where is that..? Around the right foot well on the passenger side behind the panel? Or, up the back of the door well near shoulder area on the passenger side? Where?

And when you say whatever color at one end will be continuous to the other - do you mean from start (at in seat sensor), thru first PSWSM, all the way to the finish at the Occ Sensing Module/OSM at A Post/Right? All Blue and Orange - U and O? Just two wires?

Also, to access wiring from in seat weight sensor, should they be dangling under the seat OR will I have to pull upholstery - do you think?

And, lol - do I have the RIGHT diagram according to VIN? I hate to bomb you with questions BUT I gotta, lol

Old 04-28-2017, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 664 Likes on 572 Posts

Hang on Jay,
1. The A post is what the windscreen is attached to at either side.
2. Just follow the diagram on the colours, you can't go wrong.
3. The connectors should be under the seat base.
4. The diagram is correct for your car but you can always compare with the MY diagrams either side of the one you have to be sure.

Note, the only dumb question is the one that gets asked when it's too late.

Good luck sir, you've done well up to now.

Orthodixie (04-29-2017)