Old 07-03-2017, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MII central locking / imobiliser

Hi Forum

have a 3.4 MKII 67 RHD - anyone fitted a central locking / security system

looking for guidance here

Old 07-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Received 323 Likes on 211 Posts

Don't know if central locking would work since the locking mechanism for the driver/passenger door is in the door handle itself.

As for a security system, this works for me:

Seriously, who in their right mind would steal a fifty year old Jaguar?

Old 07-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

If theft is the concern, a hidden switch on the ignition or fuel pump wiring would be pretty easy to install.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 311 Likes on 243 Posts
Default best solution in my opinion

Ravelco Anti Theft Device

I have used this at work and personal and they do stop any hot wiring. Then I would recommend an alarm and an extra hood lock to help deter towing of the car

Old 07-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 364 Posts

I have just prototyped an RFID reader which controls 2 relays, these will control the starter solenoid feed from the start button, and also the ignition feed to the coil, took a bit of working out, but after I got my head around it, it was quite easy. I will look at using the fuel pump feed as another defense as this would also need the boot open to be able to bypass the system.

I have to put it into a box, and mount the RFID reader inside the newspaper tray, I am re-wiring the car at the moment, so it is really easy to fit, but it could be simply installed behind the radio console and the connections to the existing wiring are simple enough. If you are interested I will post more information. I actually have an LCD screen attached for testing, but I won't fit that, but I may well add another relay to turn on the Map light for a second just to tell me the card has read and that I can start it.

The whole lot cost less than £20, and it can easily be expanded, I am looking at adding SMS message sending if someone opens the car without the correct fob, and GPS real time tracking too. But this doesn't do central locking, as I want to keep that part stock.

Attached Thumbnails MII central locking / imobiliser-img_1895.jpg  

Last edited by TilleyJon; 07-07-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I installed electric locks on my front two doors from a1 electronics, you hide the box under the dash and install the mechanisms inside the doors to pop the lock up and down. It's a little fiddly but works without any problem. I unhooked the rear door mechanisms so the doors will not open from the outside. I couldn't figure out how to fix the locks on the front doors so i just replaced them completely. The car is now pretty secure door wise, it's impossible to pick the lock, you'd have to either break the handle or crowbar the door open to get them unlocked.

As for immobilizers, i can't have a battery kill because then you couldn't open the electric doors. I'm planning to install a 123distributor with bluetooth functionality, that unit connects to an app on your phone and actually kills the distributor unless you enter a 4 digit code. So even if the car was broken into, AND hotwired, the distributor wouldn't work without being unlocked by my phone.