F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying my new f type help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 06:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buying my new f type help please

Wanted one with exhaust switch but struggling to find one in my price range is there any way of making these models sound better can a fuse be pulled ?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709129220182?postcode=n41jq&make=JAGUAR&model=F-TYPE&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&ones earchad=New&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&page=3

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709129220182?postcode=n41jq&make=JAGUAR&model=F-TYPE&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&ones earchad=New&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&page=3

Old 10-18-2017, 02:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi
You just need to keep a watch I think - should be some S models around that price like this one on eBay Jaguar F-Type 3.0 V6 Quickshift Coupe 2014 21k miles Auto Petrol Active Exhaust | eBay

There's no easy change/fix to get active exhaust on the base if it's not been added at time of purchase. I had a 2014 base without active exhaust and loved it. I now have it on my new FType. It's a nice to have, but I am finding I turn it off most of the time - that's perhaps because I do lots of miles!

Old 10-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi thanks for response made my decision getting the grey one for £41.5 with all extras and low miles

The following users liked this post:
Burt Gummer (10-18-2017)
Old 10-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Received 402 Likes on 212 Posts
Default *ULTIMATE Exhaust* FAQ

I think this needs to be stickied as the amount of exhaust related threads is getting out of control. Here are the basics:

1. Passive Exhaust

-Typically found on the base F-TYPE
-No exhaust valves
-Exhaust note is pretty muted at low RPM and or low load conditions
-Pulling any fuses will not enhance exhaust noise as the actual hardware that would be controlled by the fuses is not present
-Any snap, crackle, pop, backfire noises are ALL software controlled. You will still get the snort between upshifts and all the backfire noises with a mid to high RPM downshift or simply blipping the gas at mid range RPM

2. Active Exhaust

-Typically found on earlier F-TYPEs V6 and V8
-Has exhaust valves
-DOES NOT HAVE button on console to open exhaust valves
-Exhaust note is pretty muted at low RPM or low load conditions
-Car will automatically open exhaust valves at high RPM/high load conditions
-Any snap, crackle, pop, backfire noises are ALL software controlled. You will still get the snort between upshifts and all the backfire noises with a mid to high RPM downshift or simply blipping the gas at mid range RPM; this will occur regardless if the valves are open or closed

3. Configurable Active Exhaust
-Found on all levels of F-TYPEs; depending on the build spec
-Has exhaust valves
-HAS button on console to open/close valves
-Exhaust note is pretty muted at low RPM or low load conditions unless you
you choose to leave the valves open, exhaust note will be deeper at all RPMs.
-Even if you choose to leave the valves closed, the car will still automatically open exhaust valves at high RPM/high load conditions
-Any snap, crackle, pop, backfire noises are ALL software controlled. You will still get the snort between upshifts and all the backfire noises with a mid to high RPM downshift or simply blipping the gas at mid range RPM; this will occur regardless if the valves are open or closed

There are 3 basic muffler box designs:
1. V6 without the valves

2. V6 WITH the valves (note the U-shaped piping at the inlets)

3. V8 (V8 mufflers will always have the valves)

The following 4 users liked this post by WhiteTardis:
Don1954 (10-23-2017), jaguny (10-18-2017), jamesv8s (10-18-2017), Unhingd (10-18-2017)