F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did Anyone Buy The 5-Piece F-Type Luggage Yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Nice. It looks like it's "just chillin"

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Fishbits (07-15-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbourne
Nice. It looks like it's "just chillin"
Punny!

A shot without the large bag shows the garment bag, as well as the "tech / camera" bag underneath.

This luggage fits without anything in it... but you will note the open zipper on the small bag. It will, literally, not fit without malforming the bag a bit by simply opening the zipper. I am quite aggressively shoving that bag into the trunk to make it "go in". But, all said and done, it's worked quite well and truly has 3 weeks of gear for my wife and I... the front of the car really does a good job packing in lots of stuff, too. I'm surprised.

A work related conference is finished in Portland, and we're off to Glacier. I might disappear for a few weeks, but will report when I return. Cheers all and happy travels.

Definitely a happy F-Type and owner.

Last edited by Uncle Fishbits; 07-15-2016 at 10:50 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Fishbits:
enfield (07-15-2016), schraderade (07-16-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Unhingd
I'm betting two 13 gallon trash bags and couple 6 gallon bags will fit perfectly. I'll let you know how that works for me.
OMG this is perfect lol

I thought about this while packing.

It would easier to just chuck stuff into the trunk and get it out when needed... for sure. I would love to see the valet's expression when I roll up at Amangani or Amangiri. LOL

"Could you please empty my trunk into that trash bag and bring it to the room?

Old 07-15-2016, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Foosh
We kept asking each other, "why is it we're building this new house?"
Mo money mo problems, mo space more crap.

I hate "stuff", and our world wants you to have it. Our economy is about accumulation, and we fight against it. We've a 2 bedroom approx 1150 sq ft, and we love living small. But all we have is a small dog other than us. We're renovating right now to open up a drop ceiling, but the majority is trussed a-frame so it feels open.

It's not how large the house is, but the motion of the ocean. Wait, is that how that saying goes? We firmly believe it is all about what you stare at. The below is from our deck (and downstairs bedroom w/ same view).... It's not a huge house nor a badass RV, but it is home.

schraderade (07-16-2016)
Old 07-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Fishbits
Punny!

A shot without the large bag shows the garment bag, as well as the "tech / camera" bag underneath.

This luggage fits without anything in it... but you will note the open zipper on the small bag. It will, literally, not fit without malforming the bag a bit by simply opening the zipper. I am quite aggressively shoving that bag into the trunk to make it "go in". But, all said and done, it's worked quite well and truly has 3 weeks of gear for my wife and I... the front of the car really does a good job packing in lots of stuff, too. I'm surprised.

A work related conference is finished in Portland, and we're off to Glacier. I might disappear for a few weeks, but will report when I return. Cheers all and happy travels.

Definitely a happy F-Type and owner.

Looks great. With my wife I had to keep telling her "that won't fit", "nope not enough room", "really 10 pairs of shoes". She got the message and we have had three great long distance trips and felt like we had all we needed in the boot of the car and the clever spaces in the cabin. Nice to see how flexible this car can be if you get creative.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:31 PM
Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for posting the pictures, Uncle Fishbits! I was having hard time with the large bag. I guess I will need to use some muscle to just shove it in and leave the zipper open on the smaller one.

Old 07-16-2016, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

Mo money mo problems, mo space more crap.

I hate "stuff", and our world wants you to have it. Our economy is about accumulation, and we fight against it. We've a 2 bedroom approx 1150 sq ft, and we love living small. But all we have is a small dog other than us. We're renovating right now to open up a drop ceiling, but the majority is trussed a-frame so it feels open.

It's not how large the house is, but the motion of the ocean. Wait, is that how that saying goes? We firmly believe it is all about what you stare at. The below is from our deck (and downstairs bedroom w/ same view).... It's not a huge house nor a badass RV, but it is home.

I too live small in 865 sq ft with the girlfriend and a small dog. It's comfortable but cozy. I so wish I had a view like yours though...

I didn't make much money early in my life, so at 46, I'm staching as much as is reasonable while enjoying the XFR and earnings are good. I figure I have 15 years max to work (unless I find something I really enjoy) and having a $1,200 housing cost allows me the ability to other things and save.

I hear some of the guys on this forum, especially in the F-TYPE section, and am a bit envious. I hope that all of you who have been fortunate enough (through hard work I'm sure) to have some of the wonderful cars and experiences I see posted here are thankful for that ability.

And know that others who read these stories feel they lived a little more because they've read them. Keep them coming guys!

Old 07-16-2016, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 401 Likes on 209 Posts

We've a 2 bedroom approx 1150 sq ft, and we love living small.

....although the price of that 2 bedroom in Tiburon would get you a 5 bedroom house with a pool and 6 car garage in most parts of the country!

Old 07-16-2016, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 213 Likes on 190 Posts

In Vegas a Mc Mansion! Fitted luggage only time I get to restrict wife's packing. She now insists we take her car; Maserati Ghibli.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

So.... how's things?

I want to offer anyone who might stumble into this thread the briefcase. Pictured below. I am happy to ship it to anyone that might use it. I *think* it would fit a 15" laptop, but smaller ones for sure. Two exterior pockets, a place for the computer, and a place for documents, with a few pockets and pen holder places, etc. It has handles, but also comes with a shoulder strap.

HOWEVER... if anyone else does want or does not use their garment bag, GIMME GIMME. I want it. I love it, and I am already a good way into destroying my current one. I lost the other two pieces to a sewer leak in a storage unit, and well, that's sad. But they were not a solid enough solution vs soft sided luggage, etc.... so I am not rebuying the whole set.

So.... free F-Type laptop soft sided briefcase (it actually says F-Type in the leather). But if anyone wants to sell their garment bag, let's trade, etc. =)

Cheers to all.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 983 Likes on 734 Posts

So.... how's things?

I want to offer anyone who might stumble into this thread the briefcase. Pictured below. I am happy to ship it to anyone that might use it.
I would use it, if it has not been spoken for already.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 596 Likes on 404 Posts

You've mentioned before that you don't use the laptop case, but I've found it handy. It's more like a sleive than a briefcase. I use it for light travel vs my work briefcase that can sub for carry-on luggage. Still, it's actually big enough to hold both of our Thinkpad X1 Carbon's. I can also confirm it will hold an older/thicker model with a 15" screen (Lenovo T-Series). The only thing I found odd about it is that the Velcro retaining strap is so long that it doesn't really hold a thin laptop very well.

Steve, I'm sure you'll give it a good home. Happy New Year, everyone!

Last edited by uncheel; 01-01-2018 at 12:23 PM.
drmrfi (01-01-2018)