F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More blower noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Received 853 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by magredvet
Likewise I pine for a similar noise to that which my SRT6 makes.......

https://youtu.be/q0ZeabdtUPg
Just saw your sig, you gotta talk to my brother, he's putting a Ford 200i6 in his 'B'

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 12-13-2017, 01:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Just saw your sig, you gotta talk to my brother, he's putting a Ford 200i6 in his 'B'
Would love to, lot's of people modding them.....
some guy's here in Houston with Ford V8's in them...... :O)
Hope it's not too much off topic, but here's mine so far .....

Attached Thumbnails More blower noise-mg1.jpg   More blower noise-mg2.jpg   More blower noise-mg3.jpg  
Old 12-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,661 Likes on 3,366 Posts

[QUOTE=2Cool;1808430][QUOTE=Unhingd;1807576]
Originally Posted by 2Cool
..., and even an '02 Mini Cooper S, I have to say the F-Type V6S is almost silent in comparison...

Yep, I had changed the pulley on my '02 S and it made glorious noises. Was glad I had added the torsen diff after that change.
I was thinking about putting in a torsen, but since I was looking to upgrade to an '05-'06 close ratio gearbox, I found one with an OEM LSD. (not as good as a torsen)

Old 12-14-2017, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

As a plate type you could get it rebuilt to your own spec though...

Old 12-14-2017, 09:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by F-typical
As a plate type you could get it rebuilt to your own spec though...
True, but, for me, the added benefit of the torsen over the OEM LSD wasn't worth the money. If the MINI LSD suffers a failure, I will move up to a torsen. Likewise with the Jag.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So back to this original discussion.... sorry late to the party.

Can we confirm no one is legitimately making intake tubes for the F Type?

Other than removing the Engine cover, getting a tune, dropping K&N filters in or dishing out an absurd amount of cash for an Eventuri intakes we still don't have an answer? or is this what we're stuck with?

Old 01-31-2018, 09:22 AM
Received 154 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by jrodrg
So back to this original discussion.... sorry late to the party.

Can we confirm no one is legitimately making intake tubes for the F Type?

Other than removing the Engine cover, getting a tune, dropping K&N filters in or dishing out an absurd amount of cash for an Eventuri intakes we still don't have an answer? or is this what we're stuck with?
You can put a tune like ours which will close the bypass and net some more noise, but unless you get rid of the muffler on each intake tube..it won’t allow more blower noise simply because the mufflers are there to remove the blower noise.

To revise your question, it would be like asking if someone could make your exhaust sound louder without actually changing anything...

The following 2 users liked this post by Tuning@VelocityAP:
dwmilton (12-28-2021), jrodrg (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member

Stuart,
It shouldn't cost too much to fabricate intake muffler delete tubes.

Last edited by Unhingd; 01-31-2018 at 11:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jrodrg (01-31-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tuning@VelocityAP

You can put a tune like ours which will close the bypass and net some more noise, but unless you get rid of the muffler on each intake tube..it won’t allow more blower noise simply because the mufflers are there to remove the blower noise.

To revise your question, it would be like asking if someone could make your exhaust sound louder without actually changing anything...
Tune is out of the question as of right now for me.

With that said anyone else other than eventuri making inakes for these cars.

Coming from the BMW world I see plenty of aftermarket and enthusiast based shops fabricating or home brewing parts; I'm not seeing this for the F type or maybe I haven't been exposed yet to the Jaguar world.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:37 AM
Received 182 Likes on 131 Posts

This is a modification I would be greatly interested in. I love blower noise, my Supercharged Lotus Elise with TRD airbox modifications screamed, was such a great noise.

Stuart... please consider fabricating these

Old 01-31-2018, 10:00 AM

Tune is out of the question as of right now for me.

With that said anyone else other than eventuri making inakes for these cars.

Coming from the BMW world I see plenty of aftermarket and enthusiast based shops fabricating or home brewing parts; I'm not seeing this for the F type or maybe I haven't been exposed yet to the Jaguar world.
I'm actually quoting myself because maybe I see tuning in the near future.... I'm not keen on breaking my CPO warranty.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:38 AM

I'm actually quoting myself because maybe I see tuning in the near future.... I'm not keen on breaking my CPO warranty.
You can put an intake tubing kit on the car and the dealer can still try and force issues with warranty refusal related engine concerns(MAF not positioned correctly and forced engine lean, lean condition overheated blower and destroyed bearings..blah blah blah..etc....Hehe, how would you prove this diagnostic phrase wrong without the entire know-how of operation?)

We can claim the laws and Moss acts, but at the end of the day, it's how much the dealer/tech wants to be a d*ck and how much you're willing to push your rights.

We hear all kinds of horror story's of dealer's giving clients a hard time, but also have loads of other dealers selling our parts. What it really comes down to, is if you have a dealer you get along with and they don't mind getting the deed done and closed without raising a stink, then you should be fine.

Velocity Automotive Performance Limited
214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
Office Tel: (250) 485-5126
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 01-31-2018, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Stuart,
It shouldn't cost too much to fabricate intake muffler delete tubes.
Not really a question if we can do..

It's more of a question as to if we can get a car in the shop and design the kit. Exhaust parts can be jigged, intake plastic tubes are almost impossible due to the flex and tight clearances

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

Old 01-31-2018, 11:27 AM

You can put an intake tubing kit on the car and the dealer can still try and force issues with warranty refusal related engine concerns(MAF not positioned correctly and forced engine lean, lean condition overheated blower and destroyed bearings..blah blah blah..etc....Hehe, how would you prove this diagnostic phrase wrong without the entire know-how of operation?)

We can claim the laws and Moss acts, but at the end of the day, it's how much the dealer/tech wants to be a d*ck and how much you're willing to push your rights.

We hear all kinds of horror story's of dealer's giving clients a hard time, but also have loads of other dealers selling our parts. What it really comes down to, is if you have a dealer you get along with and they don't mind getting the deed done and closed without raising a stink, then you should be fine.
Not getting off topic here but send me some info on tuning (your product).

Thanks

Old 01-31-2018, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

It is also unfortunate that it looks like 3 different variants would be required:
V6 RWD
V6AWD
V8
Many of the parts (3,4, 7-9) carry over to the other cars but a few are different.

Last edited by Unhingd; 01-31-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 01:31 PM
Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Unhingd
It is also unfortunate that it looks like 3 different variants would be required:
V6 RWD
V6AWD
V8
Many of the parts (3,4, 7-9) carry over to the other cars but a few are different.

Are the intake "mufflers" #3 and #4 or number #7 and #8 on the diagram?

Old 01-31-2018, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 179 Likes on 153 Posts

Theoretically, if more noise is the sole objective, just smacking the pulley with a lump hammer will get the job done. ��

Did anyone order one of the 150 400bhp V8 Defenders?

Old 01-31-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Are the intake "mufflers" #3 and #4 or number #7 and #8 on the diagram?
#3 & 4 are the mufflers, #7 & 8 along with 9 are the tubes. All these parts would need to be replaced.

You could do just the mufflers but that's only making the noise to be slightly heard at the air filter area. If you want to really hear the noise, you would have to replace the plastic tubes with thin metal type walled parts to echo the noise.

If you want to experiment, take out the intake mufflers and gut them. They usually have a mesh type bag holding insulation to muffle the blower noise. Not saying it'll work but less insulation will make it louder...just don't know how much it will improve.

214 Maple Ave.
Oliver, BC
Canada V0H 1T9
www.VelocityAP.com
Tuning@VelocityAP.com

The following users liked this post:
dwmilton (12-28-2021)
Old 01-31-2018, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,217 Likes on 2,372 Posts

Each of parts 7, 8 and 9 have a small "L" shaped chamber protuberance which I understand either is or works like a Helmholtz resonator. A few XF supercharged / XFR owners have cut these off and plastiwelded over the resultant holes in an attempt to increase SC noise, with mixed results. This may or may not work to increase SC noise on the F-Type, maybe Stuart can test it out (on a customer car using new doctored parts)?
The 5.0 SC in the XF does not have intake mufflers equivalent to parts 3 & 4.

Old 03-17-2018, 07:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,217 Likes on 2,372 Posts

See posts 49 and 55 about the SC bypass valve and VAP tune.
I put the "stage one" VAP tune (just tune no pulley change) on a bit over a year ago and I noticed a teensy weensy increase in SC whine, so little it was hard to detect.
I put the "stage 2" VAP tune on a month ago, ie with the larger crank pulley (although it's a Eurotoys pulley not a VAP one) and the increase in SC whine is dramatic!
Still only a tiny increase while tootling around under light throttle, but once I floor it and the revs go over 4,000 it sounds like a jet taking off! I love it!