Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackstone report at 2500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Post Blackstone report at 2500 miles

I received the report from Blackstone Labs yesterday. I got an oil change at the dealer right after break-in, and they took the sample for me. I sent it via UPS ground and total turnaround was about 2 weeks. PDF Attached. It was $28 + $12 to UPS to ship the sample. I don't even know how they make money. Anyway, it's a really a great service, IME. They send the sample kits whenever you place an order so it's perfect. I'll do it probably every 5k miles now and also at regular maintenance intervals. It's fun to get to know the car a little better take a more active role in keeping it running perfectly. Dealer didn't charge me for the oil change, either, which was a nice gesture. The service manager is a great dude and a real car guy.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Blackstone 2500 miles.pdf (18.6 KB, 136 views)
Old 02-24-2018, 04:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinjen
I received the report from Blackstone Labs yesterday. I got an oil change at the dealer right after break-in, and they took the sample for me. I sent it via UPS ground and total turnaround was about 2 weeks. PDF Attached. It was $28 + $12 to UPS to ship the sample. I don't even know how they make money. Anyway, it's a really a great service, IME. They send the sample kits whenever you place an order so it's perfect. I'll do it probably every 5k miles now and also at regular maintenance intervals. It's fun to get to know the car a little better take a more active role in keeping it running perfectly. Dealer didn't charge me for the oil change, either, which was a nice gesture. The service manager is a great dude and a real car guy.
Most of the sample bottles they have provided me were postage prepaid. For those that weren't, I sent USPS First Class for $3.75.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

I got a pack of them, but not pre-paid. I can't remember the exact postage but it's in line with Lance's figure. Just be sure to tell them that it's not liquid, by their definition, because of the small sample size. Blackstone has something you can print out to show to the Post Office if they're dubious.

Old 02-26-2018, 01:56 PM
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by lizzardo
I got a pack of them, but not pre-paid. I can't remember the exact postage but it's in line with Lance's figure. Just be sure to tell them that it's not liquid, by their definition, because of the small sample size. Blackstone has something you can print out to show to the Post Office if they're dubious.
That's why I just use UPS. I ship it in my own box, because the black bottle isn't secured shut. I've also heard that others have had issues with USPS not handling their package properly or refusing it. I'll pay the $11 for a faster, hassle-free experience.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,000 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinjen
That's why I just use UPS. I ship it in my own box, because the black bottle isn't secured shut. I've also heard that others have had issues with USPS not handling their package properly or refusing it. I'll pay the $11 for a faster, hassle-free experience.
My local post office hasn't had any issues. I just tell them it's neither liquid nor hazardous by their criteria and it's all good.