Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Re-map

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 10:53 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lizzardo
Sure, but it's not mathematical. It's psychological. If I remap the pedal so that in the first 25% of pedal travel gives me 100% throttle, I barely touch the pedal and the car surges. "Wow, this thing is powerful if I get that by barely touching the pedal!"

There just isn't anything more after that. It sells cars though.
More speed in less time is more speed in less time. This idea you have that more acceleration can be felt without more car movement is incorrect.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 999 Likes on 747 Posts

Originally Posted by SGREENLYN
This video addresses you, specifically, at 17 seconds:
​​​​​​
https://youtu.be/1XVCYDNcwwY
Not sure which "you" you mean, but that's what I would call a "rigged demo."

Old 06-02-2018, 11:52 PM
Veteran Member

More speed in less time is more speed in less time. This idea you have that more acceleration can be felt without more car movement is incorrect.
That's not an idea I have. That's an idea you wish I had, so you could mock it.

That was not the question you asked. I feel like I'm talking to Kellyanne Conway. There is no correlation between question and response. You ignore questions, give answers to the questions you were hoping for instead, and are still wrong. And yet, you still manage to insult the intelligence of knowledgeable people, myself included.

I'd have better luck explaining DBW to my cat. Or a fence post.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:25 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am open minded, if OP is confident this works, simply post some dyno numbers or drag strip slips and I am sure a lot of us would follow suit and buy these.

I did get something like this before on my audi s4, the factory throttle was too tame and it made it more lively. It didn't change anything when you go full throttle, as literally everyone in every single platform will tell you.

But on part throttle there was less hesitation and it made the dsg hold the gear longer, which I preferred.

Looking forward to results

Old 06-03-2018, 01:40 AM
Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

This video addresses you, specifically, at 17 seconds:
​​​​​​
https://youtu.be/1XVCYDNcwwY
WRONG. The sprint booster on that setting (which you can see him select in the video!!!) ADDS THAT DELAY.

He doesn't put it to STOCK, he sets it to ADD DELAY and then declares "slow throttle"

They have created a product that creates a problem for purpose of demonstration and then "solves" the problem by undoing it. LOL Brilliant!

Without the sprint booster there would be no delay, because the pedal has no delay. With the sprint booster set to "do not add delay" there is no added delay. How many different ways can a person say this? Oh wait, I know the answer to that question. Dozens of different ways, and yet it still hasn't sunk in.

I refer you back to my boat trailer example:

Show me a mathematical justification for "feeling" more accelleration without car movement. [/b]
You can not possibly be this.... what is the word I am looking for? Someone help me out here...

I've given up on you, because clearly you are not even REMOTELY self-aware of yourself, nor of how humans work. No wonder this has been so difficult. Jeez man. Seriously, seek some help.

The fact that you can not understand "perception" not being identical to "reality" speaks volumes about why you find this so difficult to comprehend.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 06-03-2018 at 02:51 AM.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:43 AM

That's not an idea I have. That's an idea you wish I had, so you could mock it.

That was not the question you asked. I feel like I'm talking to Kellyanne Conway. There is no correlation between question and response. You ignore questions, give answers to the questions you were hoping for instead, and are still wrong. And yet, you still manage to insult the intelligence of knowledgeable people, myself included.

I'd have better luck explaining DBW to my cat. Or a fence post.
...and yet here we are stunned with disbelief at what we've witnessed here.

It just goes to show you that often monetary gain has absolutely zero correlation to intellect.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 06-03-2018 at 02:26 AM.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 15FTypeR
WRONG. The sprint booster on that setting (which you can see him select in the video!!!) ADDS THAT DELAY.
No it doesn't add a delay. Sheeze, there are hundreds of these devices available including all modern tunes. Including all popular F-Type tunes. Including the stock F-type (Snow, Normal, Dynamic). Everyone in the entire world is NOT plotting against you.

It takes a 5 second google that you are too lazy to do:Sprint Booster V3 Features

Each mode (SPORT – RACE) comes with 9 steps-program so the driver can choose the one that suits his driving style. Each program adjusts the pedal response by 3-6% so it can be fully adjustable and customized by each driver.
3 Acceleration modes :
Off mode - Sprint Booster is deactivated and the response of the car has the factory settings. (The LED of the Selector switch is OFF. )
• Sport mode - Sprint Booster provides improved response up to 30%. (The LED of the selector switch in Sport mode is Green.)
• Race mode - Sprint Booster provides improved response up to 60%. (The LED of the selector switch in Race mode is Red.)

Pedal Lock mode provides extra protection against unauthorized vehicle use. The driver can deactivate the acceleration ability of the vehicle when it's stationary through a 3 digit PIN. When Pedal lock is enabled the acceleration gets disabled and the vehicle stays on idle until you enter the correct PIN
Valet mode limits the acceleration of the vehicle by 55 % - 65% - 75% (comes in 3 selectable levels). It is activated/deactivated through a 3 digit PIN. By limiting the acceleration there will be a significant reduce in vehicle's performance (Power and Torque).
Compact size allows the driver to place the selector switch anywhere on the dashboard with the use of the double sided tape.

Lasting Memory. Sprint Booster also offers the option to the driver to completely remove the switch from the device. In this case the device will work with the last settings stored in memory. For example , if the driver disconnects the selector switch while in SPORT-5 (SPORT mode- Acceleration program 5), the device will keep as default the program SPORT-5.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:44 AM
Banned

According to all the un-informed folks here, pedal lock mode has ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT on 0-60 time.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:50 AM
Banned

So just to crush the hopes and dreams of all the snake oil naysayers (I get it, I used to be utterly ignorant about the pedal supplier's OEM DBW curve too), the stock mode shown here = Sprint Booster OFF...

Last edited by SGREENLYN; 06-03-2018 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,664 Likes on 3,369 Posts

Sorry, Sprint Booster still connected.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Banned

Ok, so now the uniformed ankle biters have no choice but to call every product manufacturer and every tune manufacturer, liars.

Go away.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:17 AM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Don't feed the trolls!!

Old 06-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

Ok, so now the uniformed ankle biters

//snip//
When do I get my uniform?

Old 06-03-2018, 11:28 AM

Future visitors to this thread should refer to this post for a summary of SGREENLYN's "expertise" on automotive technology and engineering:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...6/#post1906225

The difference between snakeoil and not snakeoil, again for future visitors:

These pedal devices can definitely change the "feel" of the gas pedal. For many, it can make the car more exciting for them. Some cars have nonlinear calibration from the factory... I purchased one of these pedal devices for another car specifically to make the pedal more linear and less touchy. The device was also capable of making the car "feel" sluggish, or make it feel punchy off the line, based on setting. I was very happy with those abilities of the device, and the manufacturer made no claims of increased HP or better 0-60, because they are not frauds. The perception of "wow" and the reality of actual performance are different things. Humans understand there is a difference between perception and reality. Those are different things. Also, the pedal curve and a tune are two completely separate things. Of course tuners also offer changing the pedal curve! A lot of people like the feel of a touchy pedal. None of that is snakeoil! What is snakeoil is telling people that you can make the car faster with ONLY the pedal curve gadget.

Last edited by 15FTypeR; 06-03-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:35 AM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Ok, so now the uniformed ankle biters have no choice but to call every product manufacturer and every tune manufacturer, liars.

Go away.
When do I get my uniform?
I want a uniform too...

ironic that the noob to this forum is telling everyone else to "go away"

The following users liked this post:
ndabunka (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 11:51 AM
Received 243 Likes on 153 Posts

Case Closed. 2016 Jag F-Type V6S test...

0-60 Stock Throttle Map in Dynamic D Mode: 5.754 seconds*
0-60 With Throttle Remap in Dynamic D Mode: 5.554 seconds*

* Accuracy is within 0.016 seconds

Kinda amazing that my estimate in the OP was spot-on perfect.
2nd Trial processed. These two from the same starting point but a little farther down the road, difference could be slope.

Case Closed (again). 2016 Jag F-Type V6S test two...

0-60 Stock Throttle Map in Dynamic D Mode: 5.471 seconds*
0-60 With Throttle Remap in Dynamic D Mode: 5.155 seconds*

These two posts by you should be all the proof one would need that your contraption does the exact opposite of what you hope or suggest...

Stock V6S with no modifications should be running sub 5.0 0-60 times all day long. The fact that your results fall well short prove at least three things:
  1. You don't know how to drive or handle a performance engineered vehicle.
  2. Your stoopid throttle modification thingy is, in fact, slowing your car down.
  3. YOU ARE A FRAUD.
My suggestion to resolve your BS and right your many wrongs... GTFO!!!

ndabunka (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by IronMike
I want a uniform too...
I'm reminded of the part from "This is Spinal Tap" where someone (I think it was Nigel) says, "Let's get uniforms, with each of us dressed differently."

We need matching tinfoil hats though.

ndabunka (06-03-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

2nd Trial processed. These two from the same starting point but a little farther down the road, difference could be slope.

Case Closed (again). 2016 Jag F-Type V6S test two...

0-60 Stock Throttle Map in Dynamic D Mode: 5.471 seconds*
0-60 With Throttle Remap in Dynamic D Mode: 5.155 seconds*

1000% SNAKE OIL - Post whatever you like and continue ADVERTISING on here and see where that gets you...

Old 06-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,141 Likes on 1,461 Posts

I wonder if SGREENLYN will sell me turbonator. I heard it is like supercharger, but easier to install.

Old 06-03-2018, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 157 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by IronMike
These two posts by you should be all the proof one would need that your contraption does the exact opposite of what you hope or suggest...

Stock V6S with no modifications should be running sub 5.0 0-60 times all day long. The fact that your results fall well short prove at least three things:
  1. You don't know how to drive or handle a performance engineered vehicle.
  2. Your stoopid throttle modification thingy is, in fact, slowing your car down.
  3. YOU ARE A FRAUD.
My suggestion to resolve your BS and right your many wrongs... GTFO!!!
Good point IronMike - Don't people who promote a product on here HAVE to register as vendors and pay some type of fee, right?

Quick Reply: Throttle Re-map