XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Battery Doctor works great!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Received 270 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Battery Doctor works great!

Long story short I have a ton of electronics in my car that my new battery has to keep running. A 3000 watt stereo system, two air compressors for my air bag setup, headrest monitors and a few other things here and there.

This little battery doctor gets installed between the positive terminal on our battery and our main positive large wire. Took me about 10 minutes to install. The idea behind this device is it will kill all the power to your positive terminal if your battery every drops below 12v (it will of course not do this while driving or when the car is turned on).

So far in the last month that this battery doctor has been installed it has only activated itself twice. So when you walk up to the car it appears your battery is dead, but nope all you have to do is press the unlock button on the little remote it comes with and your car is ready with 12v to start her up, no more worrying about a dead battery ever again. All my electronics in the car dont reset, my car is remembering everything when I restore power to it.

Anyways I just would like to let everyone know how awesome this product is, a friend of mine referred me to it as he has been using one on his high performance car as well with no more issues of a dead battery.

With the remote you can cut all power and restore power at any time, so if your going to park it for a week or two you could hit the lock button and kill all power and come back to your car later with no issues. I know our cars are picky with voltage but for me this has been a great experience. Take this advice with a grain of salt because I am not sure if this can do any damage or anything, im just telling my experience so far. Please feel free to chime in on your thoughts.

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (06-11-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 01:32 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

Very cool gizmo, and I can see a bunch of uses for it.

I’ve used a tender (ctek) with great success— but it potentially a different use case/requirements.

Glad this working for you.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for the review, I have this in the garage ready to install.