Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 V6S Manual Converible on Bring-A-Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 10:32 AM
Received 434 Likes on 235 Posts
Default 2016 V6S Manual Convertible on Bring-A-Trailer

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...convertible-3/

No affiliation but a rare car in a great color combo for those in the market.

The following 3 users liked this post by Thunder Dump:
bk000 (06-21-2024), Carbuff2 (06-20-2024), WestCoastCat (06-22-2024)
Old 06-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

The last two manual F-Types that sold on BAT went for $46K (Polaris White) and $39.5K (Italian Racing Red). Both of those were S coupes. A BAT auction for an Ebony Black Base manual F-Type coupe just ended. It was bid to only $26K and did not meet the reserve. I'm wondering if the price difference was due more to the trim level or the exterior color.

I think the selling price for the convertible listed in the OP will be in the mid to low $40K range. It's a beautiful car and is well optioned. I purchased my 2016 IRR manual coupe last month, so I am definitely biased towards IRR.

Old 06-21-2024, 08:58 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by waldo
The last two manual F-Types that sold on BAT went for $46K (Polaris White) and $39.5K (Italian Racing Red). Both of those were S coupes. A BAT auction for an Ebony Black Base manual F-Type coupe just ended. It was bid to only $26K and did not meet the reserve. I'm wondering if the price difference was due more to the trim level or the exterior color.

I think the selling price for the convertible listed in the OP will be in the mid to low $40K range. It's a beautiful car and is well optioned. I purchased my 2016 IRR manual coupe last month, so I am definitely biased towards IRR.

Man that's weird. I have seen plenty of base ones go for 10k more than that. Car looks like its in decent shape too

Old 06-25-2024, 08:19 PM

A 2017 Caldera Red base-trim convertible with a manual transmission was just listed on Cars & Bids: 2017 Jaguar F-Type Convertible.

I have no affiliation with the car. I'm just passing along the listing for those looking for a manual.

Old 06-26-2024, 08:42 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Both. I've bid on many F-Type's over the years, that white one was won by me. The base model is a decent alternative if it has the active exhaust, but the LSD differential assembly is about $2k from Jaguar iirc, so I had looked at some base models in the right exterior color and factored in the cost to swap diff, then tune to the higher power level. The boring colors like black on black were essentially a non-starter for my wife.

Old 06-26-2024, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by CarlB
... so I had looked at some base models in the right exterior color and factored in the cost to swap diff, then tune to the higher power level...
I was doing the same math when I purchased my base-trim manual. After considering the Canada to US importation fees and BAT buyer's fees, the $39.5K IRR coupe ended up about $10K more than my base-trim manual.

I spent about $1650 for a Quaife ATB differential and plan to install it in the next month or so. While doing an initial servicing of my F-Type, I discovered that it already had a Velocity AP crank pully and tune. The wheels are only 18" and the brakes are only 355 & 325mm, but those are eventual upgrades for another year.

Numbers aside, the biggest factors for my decision to go with a base-trim over an S-trim were the overall condition, the color, and the seller being a fellow forum member and Jaguar enthusiast.

The following users liked this post:
CarlB (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 06:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Both. I've bid on many F-Type's over the years, that white one was won by me. The base model is a decent alternative if it has the active exhaust, but the LSD differential assembly is about $2k from Jaguar iirc, so I had looked at some base models in the right exterior color and factored in the cost to swap diff, then tune to the higher power level. The boring colors like black on black were essentially a non-starter for my wife.
Ah, so you're the one who got it! Congrats on the win, it's a great spec. I threw a few bids in but couldn't keep up with you and the 2nd place bidder in the final minutes.

CarlB (06-27-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 06:11 PM

The wide spread you're seeing in auction results is likely due to accident history (both in the CarFax, which BAT provided, and AutoCheck, which often doesn't completely match with what's shown in the CarFax).

waldo (06-26-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Hellahashtags
Ah, so you're the one who got it! Congrats on the win, it's a great spec. I threw a few bids in but couldn't keep up with you and the 2nd place bidder in the final minutes.
Thanks!

Just got paint correction and ceramic coating finished.

Last edited by CarlB; 06-27-2024 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 974 Likes on 726 Posts

Thanks!

Looks good. Those are the rims I selected when I ordered mine (Centrifuge).

CarlB (06-27-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 01:46 PM

She looks really sharp. The Centrifuge is a great looking wheel. I had to chuckle over: paint correction, ceramic coating, and front spoiler replacement. I've completed the first two. The third is in route from Harper Jaguar. It has to be the trifecta for new F-Type owners.

The auction for the F-Type in the OP just finished with a final price of $48.3K ($46K plus %5 buyer's fees). That's solid money for a V6S.

CarlB (06-27-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 01:52 PM

She looks really sharp. The Centrifuge is a great looking wheel. I had to chuckle over: paint correction, ceramic coating, and front spoiler replacement. I've completed the first two. The third is in route from Harper Jaguar. It has to be the trifecta for new F-Type owners.

The auction for the F-Type in the OP just finished with a final price of $48.3K ($46K plus %5 buyer's fees). That's solid money for a V6S.
I was happy to see how affordable the front splitter was compared to my other cars.

Old 06-27-2024, 02:06 PM

I was happy to see how affordable the front splitter was compared to my other cars.
I agree. At around $120 for all three sections, I'm just going to consider it a consumable item, like brake pads. I would imagine replacing the splitter on your Corvette isn't as much of a bargain.

CarlB (06-27-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 03:45 PM

The market demand for 6spd F-Types (with accident-free histories) appears to be quite healthy, for both Coupes and Convertibles.