XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Does a late X250 XF (65) plate need the water pump modification to prevent CJB damage

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 09:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Does a late X250 XF (65) plate need the water pump modification to prevent CJB damage

Do any (65) plate X250 XF Saloon owners know if their cars already came with the washer pump modification from the factory? Has anyone with a (65) plate had the wire modification done or is it not necessary to do on such a late X250?

I keep reading about the CJB getting ruined by water but I came across a bulletin from Jaguar America (I'm in the UK) stating that cars with a VIN between S20753 - U50461 are affected - my VIN is U8**** so it is after this affected range according to this US bulletin.

I'd love to find out once and for all, if very late X250s were already modified at the factory or whether all facelift 2012 onwards X250s need the modification, regardless of how late they were built? Mine was built in April 2015 so it is a very late one. If it does need the modification, am I ok just getting the wires modified or do I need a new pump too? If mine does need the modification, I'm in Cornwall so I'm not sure my usual mechanic would know what the wire modification involves so in that case, would I be ok to leave the wires and just fit the new modified pump?

Finally, does the battery have to be disconnected to modify the wires and/or fit the new water pump? Hope all this makes sense! Thanks in advance!

Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Has anyone in Cornwall had the water pump mod done on their facelift X250 XF?

Has anyone in Cornwall had the much talked about water pump modification done on their facelift 2012-2015 X250 XF? I'm in Cornwall and would like to get my 2015 XF modified but don't know of any local garages/mechanics who would be aware of this issue and how to solve it by putting a break in the wires. I totally appreciate it is probably a relatively easy DIY job but I'm not mechanically minded and don't want to mess it up! If there is anyone in Cornwall who had the mod done I'd greatly appreciate them letting me know which garage or mechanic did it. TIA

Old Today, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,908 Posts

I have never seen Jaguar install this from the factory BUT they may have at some time?
It's such a dead simple repair not sure why you need a shop? Do you know where the pump is? Have you taken a look? All that's required is too cut the wire and use a connector so fluid does NOT have a path thru the wire insulation anymore.

In fact if my car could have this problem I would have done this mod a time long ago just to eliminate future issues.

What is the down side? None other than the time it took you to cut the wire and install the connector. It would be well worth it just so you don't need to worry about that problem ever again?

It's like the crappy sheet metal covered lug nuts. Yes you can screw around with them and HOPE they don't get mangled and then you get stranded somewhere with a rim you can't remove. Or you can take charge and eliminate the problem 100% by installing solid lug nuts that will never deform.

Your car and your choice.

Last edited by clubairth1; Today at 09:48 AM.