Marketplace Introducing our new Marketplace! Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.1 KB Twin-screw supercharger kit for AJV8 engines

For Sale

Engine - Power Adders

07-10-2024, 06:52 PM | Replies: 11 | Views: 1102
  • Engine - Power Adders - 2.1 KB Twin-screw supercharger kit for AJV8 engines - New - 0  All Models - Wales CF, United Kingdom

• Price
    $0
  • Location Wales, CF, United Kingdom
  • Condition New
Description:

For those unaware of what a twin-screw supercharger is, I posted many years ago a photograph of what I believe is the earliest twin screw supercharger conversion carried out on a Jaguar V8 by Dennis Priddle of AJ6 Engineering - Opcon Twinscrew Jaguar V8 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

The AJ6 Engineering website itself is a wealth of information on this topic and talks in depth about the benefits of twin screw superchargers over the roots style, as originally fitted on the supercharged versions of the Jaguar AJV8. In a summary, a twin screw supercharger is a true compressor and is more efficient than a roots supercharger, generating more power whilst creating less heat. Many of us who have tried to spin the Eaton M112 faster will know about this and why it has earned the nickname, “Heaton”!

Following years of experimenting with twin screw superchargers on my own STR, I am now able to re-make a refined version of the 2.1 KB kit which our well known supercharging expert avos used to offer. I was able to take a careful look at a 2.1 KB kit made by avos and take all relevant measurements in order to reproduce a slightly improved version, with a better finish than the hand-made versions avos made many years ago.

For background, I initially bought a 1.7 Opcon Autorotor from avos around 8 years ago, which I understand made around 380rwhp on his 4.0 XKR (up from a stock 320rwhp). On my 4.2 STR, it made just over 400rwhp with a 2.5" upper pulley. After switching to a 2.16" upper pulley, I was able to achieve around 430rwhp. This was on an essentially otherwise stock car and the power delivery was transformed, even though the way that the 1.7 was adapted was very poor and blocked a lot of airflow. I ran this 1.7 supercharger for many thousands of miles without issue, and as far as I know it remains happily in use in New Zealand with another forum member.

As has been proven by a number of enthusiasts, the 2.1KB is better again than the 1.7 and can comfortably make 450rwhp on our engines. I have mounted the 2.1 KB further forward in my revised version of the kit and was therefore able to optimise the inlet further, achieving virtually unrestricted airflow into the supercharger. I have put mileage on my kit and tested it under various driving conditions without any issues, and it has performed even better than the 1.7KB (with which I previously achieved 430rwhp). I estimate with a smaller pulley that 500rwhp will be achievable with the 2.1 KB, and this reportedly already has been achieved on a STR using a ported TB, larger aftermarket MAF and tune.

I am able to make these kits for the STR/XJR, which I understand would also fit the XF SV8 (although I do think the kit would make much more power here and on the X358 XJR). I am currently now working on the X308 XJR and X100 XKR kits, which should be completed shortly. If anyone is interested in a kit, please feel free to PM me. The way I have designed the kit means that it is entirely bolt on and reversible, so it can be installed by any DIY mechanic at home.

If desired, I could in theory make the kit with a 2.6H (or even 2.8 or 3.0 KB) and relocated TB like avos innovatively designed, however in my opinion the 2.1 KB is the best compromise for cost and ease of installation. It also sounds incredible and is louder than the larger units! 

NB - this is not a business, but purely a hobby from a Jaguar enthusiast who has come to know the excellent effect of  twin screw superchargers on our engines. Hopefully, it will allow those who wanted kits after they were discontinued to now be able to obtain them, and also lead to more aftermarket development for this platform.

Old 08-10-2024 | 10:09 PM
Default Possibly interested depending on the price

Hey man, just recently bought a 2009 Xkr SC 4.2L V8, love the power on it but was really looking into the possibilities of what could be modified on the car. How much would the unit be and what do you think it would cost for someone to install this into my vehicle? Not a mechanic myself so where do you think I would have to bring it?

Old 08-11-2024 | 03:59 AM
|

Originally Posted by DaGrackle
Hey man, just recently bought a 2009 Xkr SC 4.2L V8, love the power on it but was really looking into the possibilities of what could be modified on the car. How much would the unit be and what do you think it would cost for someone to install this into my vehicle? Not a mechanic myself so where do you think I would have to bring it?
Thanks for your message and congratulations on the new car! Anyone who can install and remove a factory supercharger will be able to install this, it's usually around 7 hours of labour if you have a shop do it.

Your car has the AJ34S with the later Bosch ecu, so over 500bhp is already possible on your car with just a pulley and tune from companies like Alpha Jag Tuning in the US for example, or Cambo on this forum who I believe can remotely tune cars.

You'd see more power again with a Kenne Bell conversion as its more efficient and produces less heat, but the cost is in comparison much more. If your interested, PM me or send an email to thsupercharger@gmail.com. I'm in the process of finishing the X308 and X100 kit at the moment, but would like to fit a kit to an XR SV8 and X150 XKR next.

The following users liked this post:
AlexJag (08-12-2024)
Old 09-28-2024 | 12:03 AM

I have a 2003 x308 XJR and would be interested in a 2.1 kit.

Old 09-28-2024 | 04:43 AM
|

Originally Posted by Cryptoninja
I have a 2003 x308 XJR and would be interested in a 2.1 kit.
PM sent and welcome to the forum- here's a picture of a 2.1 KB installed in my STR. Unfortunately you can't post videos here, but it sounds awesome!
​​​​​

Old 09-28-2024 | 05:47 PM

That's excitin! Do you have any videos with sound?

Old 09-29-2024 | 03:53 AM
|

That's excitin! Do you have any videos with sound?
If you PM me your email I can send you a video. Of course it's not just the sound, but the power delivery is transformed too.

Old 10-03-2024 | 04:53 PM

I just landed on this page by accident. Congratulations!
Do you still offer the 1.7 version? Or can the 2.1 be deployed with some restriction ?
as I'd like to keep in conformity with the, X308 XJR 4.0 version of MB-5G 722.625 W5A580 (420 lb/ft) & also use with oem pulleys. Thanks

Old 10-04-2024 | 01:54 PM
|

Originally Posted by ampiko
I just landed on this page by accident. Congratulations!
Do you still offer the 1.7 version? Or can the 2.1 be deployed with some restriction ?
as I'd like to keep in conformity with the, X308 XJR 4.0 version of MB-5G 722.625 W5A580 (420 lb/ft) & also use with oem pulleys. Thanks
Thank you! It took a lot of time to develop the kit, even thought it had been done before, as I mounted the supercharger further forward and used a different design fitting. The power of the 2.1 is really incredible compared to a tuned eaton.

I never actually made kits with the 1.7 and they are now discontinued anyway, but the replacement 2.1 is superior. If you do source a 1.7 used, I am happy to help however.

Many of the 4.0 XJRs running twin screws have comfortably held over 500bhp for many years, and there is no need to change any pulleys (the twin screw kit will come with a 8pk pulley of your choice).

A neat feature of the KB superchargers is that a supercharger pulley can be done in minutes (only one Allen bolt), and yes power could be reduced as desired by using a larger upper pulley.

If you're interested in a kit, please email me on thsupercharger@gmail.com.

ampiko (10-10-2024)
Old 10-06-2024 | 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by JagSTR2004
If you PM me your email I can send you a video. Of course it's not just the sound, but the power delivery is transformed too.
It sounds pretty aggressive!

JagSTR2004 (10-07-2024)
Old 10-07-2024 | 05:18 AM
|

It sounds pretty aggressive!
That was just blipping the throttle to around 3k.
The sounds definitely turns heads when you get on it!

Old 10-10-2024 | 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=Many of the 4.0 XJRs running twin screws have comfortably held over 500bhp for many years, and there is no need to change any pulleys (the twin screw kit will come with a 8pk pulley of your choice).[/QUOTE]
This is comforting to know. I guess the Torque would be likewise around ~500 lb/ft?