XF (X260) 2015 onwards

Drivers door mirror refuses to fold

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers door mirror refuses to fold

Hello gents,

Another day, another problem. The drivers side folding door mirror has just suddenly given up the ghost. The passengers side works, but the drivers side (luckily, depending on your point of view) is stuck in the open position and refuses to fold. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, have any idea what the problem could be? I just wanted to ask before I consult the manual

Thanks.

Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 349 Likes on 251 Posts

I noticed my passenger side failed to fold when I got home after picking up the car new. I spent a lot of time going through the manual and trying different things before taking it in. The mirror assembly was replaced to solve the problem. Hint ..... in case you haven't noticed, the 'dip' in reverse when backing up doesn't dip enough to see where the tire meets the curb. To solve that issue use seat position #3 to set up the mirror to your liking when reversing.

Old Today, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mleskovar
I noticed my passenger side failed to fold when I got home after picking up the car new. I spent a lot of time going through the manual and trying different things before taking it in. The mirror assembly was replaced to solve the problem. Hint ..... in case you haven't noticed, the 'dip' in reverse when backing up doesn't dip enough to see where the tire meets the curb. To solve that issue use seat position #3 to set up the mirror to your liking when reversing.
Thank you mleskovar! I have just been in the car with the manual, carried out the instructions and the door mirror has unfolded and folded as per normal. Quite relieved as I was imagining an expensive repair. Seems I got a little excited before trying out all available options