CarPlay retrofit for F-Type

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2024, 02:25 PM
Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CarPlay retrofit for F-Type

Wireless CarPlay and AndroidAuto Integration for Jaguar F-Type 2012-2022

https://www.carputech.com/products/w...play-functions

Our Apple CarPlay/Android Auto integration kit will give you the ability to add-on functions for Apple CarPlay and Android auto to your Jaguar existing entertainment system. To control and switch the apps within Carplay, is integrated with your vehicle’s touch screen controls, or with your voice thanks to Siri/Google Assistant. You will not lose and functions from your original system except navigation, the integration kit will work as an added function. The kit will come with the required module and all the necessary wires to complete installation in your vehicle.

Features of our kit:

– Wired/Wireless Apple CarPlay
– Wired/Wireless Android Auto
– Easy control with vehicles touch screen controls
– Sound is played through vehicles original Aux.
– If your vehicle has original Rear View/Surround View cameras, those will continue working the same way
– This module can be extended with Front/Rear view camera (if your vehicle didn’t come with those originally from the factory)
– The installation is completely plug & play and 100% reversible.

Contents of our kit:
– Main control module
– Radio Power harness
– Module Power harness
– USB cable
– Video IN cable
– Wifi Antenna

Carputech is a manufacturer dedicated to providing OEM factory-integrated navigation systems(Carplay Upgrade Modules), Carplay adapters, and aftermarket CarPlay/Android Auto systems for various vehicle brands.
Web : www.carputech.com E-mail : support@Carputech.com
Welcome any inquires. Thank you.
The following users liked this post:
Turko (07-20-2024)
Old 07-20-2024, 04:18 PM
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Question please .....

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for becoming a sponsor and posting your CarPlay kit information.
Until now, there have been several CarPlay kits offered to the message board members. Several members of this message board have purchased the CarPlay kit for their Jaguar F-Type sports car and in my opinion, all of the members were disappointed one way or another. These kits were from different providers and all of these kits have glitches and disadvantages once the CarPlay kit was installed.
Everyone who installed the CarPlay kit was disappointed because its not a straight forward seamless installation/operation of the unit.

Question for you; how is your kit different.
What makes your kit better. Does your kit have ANY negative drawbacks after installing your version of the kit.

We look forward to reading your answers and detailed information.
Thank you very much.

The following 5 users liked this post by Turko:
Jkel72 (07-21-2024), MajorTom (07-21-2024), Rondog (07-21-2024), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (07-20-2024), zochmenos (07-20-2024)
Old 07-22-2024, 10:20 AM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

A few of questions:
1. For 2017 F-Type convertible 8" display installation where do you typically place your interface module?
- Will the loom and connection requirements allow it to be placed it the center console underneath the Bosch screen unit in the dasboard ? Or must it go under the carpet alongside the transmission tunnel on the passenger side?
- FYI I have already fitted an alternative interface module with which I am 90% happy but am considering yours as an alternative that may offer improvements. My loom connects between the Head unit behind the seats (photo attached) and the screen display unit in the dashboard with the interface's connector in the middle of the loom requiring the unit to be alongside the transmission tunnel (photo attached circled and a concern for the units electronics heat dissipation which I've measured). It would be a little better to be able to install a module in the limited space under /behind the main screen and HVAC controls where there would be more air circulation.

2. My existing unit will not respond to the screen touch inputs if the 'user selectable dynamic configuration settings is selected instead of the factory setting with all choices steering, throttle, suspension set to dynamic. Therefore I cannot use that option. Does yours have the same restriction?

3. The steering wheel buttons for track advance and go back (left and right arrows on wheel) do not work with my unit. Will they work with yours? (Not a deal breaker as I can use the touch screen display to select.)
Please advise

location of existing Interface module (not ideal location for heat dissipation but required due to supplied loom connection points)

Old 07-23-2024, 01:48 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Turko
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for becoming a sponsor and posting your CarPlay kit information.
Until now, there have been several CarPlay kits offered to the message board members. Several members of this message board have purchased the CarPlay kit for their Jaguar F-Type sports car and in my opinion, all of the members were disappointed one way or another. These kits were from different providers and all of these kits have glitches and disadvantages once the CarPlay kit was installed.
Everyone who installed the CarPlay kit was disappointed because its not a straight forward seamless installation/operation of the unit.

Question for you; how is your kit different.
What makes your kit better. Does your kit have ANY negative drawbacks after installing your version of the kit.

We look forward to reading your answers and detailed information.
Thank you very much.
Hello!

Thank you for your questions.

What are the differences between the products:

Compatibility: Currently, each brand in the market provides two systems for Jaguar and Land Rover, one is for the Harman system and the other is the Bosch system. That is to say, they only use one product to adapt to all Harman systems and one product to adapt to all Bosch systems. There will be slight differences in the systems of cars of different years. Even if they are all Bosch systems or Harman systems, they will have differences. So when they use the same product, some systems will be very compatible with this product, and some will have some compatibility issues.

In this forum, many people have purchased our products. Some are very satisfied with the equipment, while others have encountered some problems. We have continuously improved and upgraded our products based on the problems they encountered, and even developed a batch of new products based on the differences to adapt to this special system. At present, our system for Jaguar has been expanded to 8 products to accommodate the differences. So the compatibility problem has been greatly improved. ​

Stability: Most products on the market have LVDS lines transferred in the original car host, and so do our original products. Most car systems have no problem with this connection, and a few will have screen flickering and freezes. In order to improve this problem, we have adjusted our products since last month. We use new LVDS cables and new transfer methods. LVDS is transferred from the original car screen, which basically eliminates screen flicker and freeze problems.

What makes your kit better: We can't say that our products are better than others, but we will continue to make progress, constantly improve our products, and reduce problems. If a product cannot solve the compatibility of some special system cars, then we will develop a new product specifically for that system. We do it more meticulously.

After installing your kit version, does your kit have any negative shortcomings:
Our products are more difficult to install than others, especially now that we transfer the LVDS cable from the back of the screen. But once our products are installed, they must be smoother and fit more perfectly with the original car system.
We accept any negative comments from our customers on our products, and we will definitely do our best to improve these shortcomings and make our products better and better.

Carputech is a manufacturer dedicated to providing OEM factory-integrated navigation systems(Carplay Upgrade Modules), Carplay adapters, and aftermarket CarPlay/Android Auto systems for various vehicle brands.
Old 07-23-2024, 03:03 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Simonusa0
A few of questions:
1. For 2017 F-Type convertible 8" display installation where do you typically place your interface module?
- Will the loom and connection requirements allow it to be placed it the center console underneath the Bosch screen unit in the dasboard ? Or must it go under the carpet alongside the transmission tunnel on the passenger side?
- FYI I have already fitted an alternative interface module with which I am 90% happy but am considering yours as an alternative that may offer improvements. My loom connects between the Head unit behind the seats (photo attached) and the screen display unit in the dashboard with the interface's connector in the middle of the loom requiring the unit to be alongside the transmission tunnel (photo attached circled and a concern for the units electronics heat dissipation which I've measured). It would be a little better to be able to install a module in the limited space under /behind the main screen and HVAC controls where there would be more air circulation.

2. My existing unit will not respond to the screen touch inputs if the 'user selectable dynamic configuration settings is selected instead of the factory setting with all choices steering, throttle, suspension set to dynamic. Therefore I cannot use that option. Does yours have the same restriction?

3. The steering wheel buttons for track advance and go back (left and right arrows on wheel) do not work with my unit. Will they work with yours? (Not a deal breaker as I can use the touch screen display to select.)
Please advise

location of existing Interface module (not ideal location for heat dissipation but required due to supplied loom connection points)
Hello!

Thanks for your questions.

1. We usually put it under the center console. This depends on the specific car model and system, as well as the wiring method of our products. You can take a photo for us when installing our products, and we will tell you where the best position is. But our customers rarely ask this question, they basically put the product according to the length of their wires.
Our products can work normally in an environment of -40°~85°, so you can put it behind the host or under the center console. We have not yet received any feedback from customers that the product is affected by heat dissipation problems.
2. Each manufacturer's products are different, and we do not have this setting. Our product is just a carplay plug-in, you can switch between your original system and the carplay interface at will.
3. Our products basically support the steering wheel buttons for track advance and go back. So far, we have not had any Jaguar car users report to us that these two buttons are unavailable. Of course, there may be a few cars that do not support this function.
Welcome to ask any questions, and welcome customers who have purchased our products to share feedback on the installation and use of our products here, whether positive or negative. Thank you!

Old 07-23-2024, 09:50 AM
Default Question......

Thanks for the response.
I however have a simple question you.
Have you PERFECTED your specific system.
You mention many things in your reply but you do not indicate the system you sell is now perfected without any negative aspects of the other systems offered by different providers.

Also, are you willing to provide one unit to a message board member so he/she can I stall your product and evaluate your system. If your system is perfect, that person would keep the product and you are paid but if it's not a flawless system then that person will return the product back to you. If your confident with your product, I believe this is a fair proposal and other members will definitely get your product too.
Thank you.

Last edited by Turko; 07-23-2024 at 09:52 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Turko:
Chuckster (07-23-2024), Rondog (07-23-2024), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (07-23-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 10:11 AM
Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

I would gladly volunteer for the evaluation as I am currently looking to purchase the Carlink or possibly this system within the next few days!

Old 07-25-2024, 07:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 439 Likes on 388 Posts

Couple more questions.
- Your website shows compatibility for Bosch up to 2016 and Harman from 2017. What about a 2017 Bosch (which has a slightly different screen layout than your 2016 Bosch example)?

- Does it use the OEM microphone or add its own?

- Couple of vendors online selling a physically larger screen for the f type that replicates the car system and adds CarPlay but on a larger and clearer screen. However / they seem to have functionality limitations. Have you considered this path - would be distinctive to have a better and larger screen with full functionality..

- if you already have reversing camera, can you separately add a forward camera to this setup?

Appreciate the transparency in your previous answers - very helpful.

Is there anyone on here who has this product installed? Any comments on what is or isn't working

Last edited by BritCars; 07-25-2024 at 07:40 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:58 AM
Sponsor

Thanks for the response.
I however have a simple question you.
Have you PERFECTED your specific system.
You mention many things in your reply but you do not indicate the system you sell is now perfected without any negative aspects of the other systems offered by different providers.

Also, are you willing to provide one unit to a message board member so he/she can I stall your product and evaluate your system. If your system is perfect, that person would keep the product and you are paid but if it's not a flawless system then that person will return the product back to you. If your confident with your product, I believe this is a fair proposal and other members will definitely get your product too.
Thank you.
Hello,
I mean, for most cars with Bose or Harman systems, our products are already perfect and there will be no problems.

If someone buys a product from us and is not satisfied, we can give him a pre-paid return label.
That way he doesn't bear any risk. And we are a sponsor in this forum, if our service is not good or our product is not good, you can report it here and everyone can see it.
So you don't have to worry about our product or service being bad.

Old Yesterday, 02:20 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by BritCars
Couple more questions.
- Your website shows compatibility for Bosch up to 2016 and Harman from 2017. What about a 2017 Bosch (which has a slightly different screen layout than your 2016 Bosch example)?

- Couple of vendors online selling a physically larger screen for the f type that replicates the car system and adds CarPlay but on a larger and clearer screen. However / they seem to have functionality limitations. Have you considered this path - would be distinctive to have a better and larger screen with full functionality..

- if you already have reversing camera, can you separately add a forward camera to this setup?

Appreciate the transparency in your previous answers - very helpful.

Is there anyone on here who has this product installed? Any comments on what is or isn't working
Hello,

Good Question! This is one of the incompatible models we often see in the market, because the system of this year is very special, it usually has part features of Harman and part features of Bosch. But we already have products suitable for these cars. So you just need to tell us your model year and provide a picture of your system when placing an order, and we will provide you with the correct product.

OEM Microphone.

Please check it out: https://www.carputech.com/products/f...eo-carplay-dsp

Yes.

Any other questions pls let me know.

Old Yesterday, 03:42 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rondog
I would gladly volunteer for the evaluation as I am currently looking to purchase the Carlink or possibly this system within the next few days!
Hello,
Thank you for your interest in our products.
You can buy it from us and try to install it. We are sure you will like it, and if you don't like it, we will give you a return label to help us return it to our US warehouse. You will not lose anything.

Old Yesterday, 05:59 AM
Default No answer to the main question being asked

I believe this product isn't any better than the other competitors navigation upgrade kit.
A simple question was asked of the sponsor, have you perfected your kit. Direct question yet no answer to the question. I'm sure it has its disadvantages and glitches like the other products offered by other sellers.

Last edited by Turko; Yesterday at 06:02 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:21 AM
Sponsor

I believe this product isn't any better than the other competitors navigation upgrade kit.
A simple question was asked of the sponsor, have you perfected your kit. Direct question yet no answer to the question. I'm sure it has its disadvantages and glitches like the other products offered by other sellers.
Hello, maybe my expression has misunderstood you.
What I mean is that our products are already perfect.
There are only two situations: the car model is not compatible, or the product works perfectly without any shortcomings.
We have listed all our compatible car models. If we don’t list the car model, you need to ask us if it is compatible before placing an order.

Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

how can any vendor answer such a loaded question. They are willing to offer free return and be subject to the scrutiny of the forum. I thinks that’s fair enough.

Asking any aftermarket option - whether it’s VAP or Supersprint or someone else to guarantee perfection is ridiculous really. What is perfection ? Glitch free - fair enough but is it perfect if it’s response time to input tis >50 nanoseconds . Or it takes 1.5 seconds to change to phone option , or the unit remains under 70 deg Celsius when operating. How does it compare to other units in these stats etc and if not better how can they say they are perfect. It’s a question that can’t be answered

Anyone who is developing and spending money and becoming a sponsor should be given the benefit of doubt. If their product is crap it will quickly become self evident and they will sink. The fact they are risking their reputation here and willing to stand behind their product (even if not much different from the other systems out there) automatically puts them infront of the other internet sellers out there already in my eyes.

The following 3 users liked this post by Borbor:
carputech (Today), MajorTom (Yesterday), scm (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:52 PM
Default Borbor .....

Originally Posted by Borbor
how can any vendor answer such a loaded question. They are willing to offer free return and be subject to the scrutiny of the forum. I thinks that’s fair enough.

Asking any aftermarket option - whether it’s VAP or Supersprint or someone else to guarantee perfection is ridiculous really. What is perfection ? Glitch free - fair enough but is it perfect if it’s response time to input tis >50 nanoseconds . Or it takes 1.5 seconds to change to phone option , or the unit remains under 70 deg Celsius when operating. How does it compare to other units in these stats etc and if not better how can they say they are perfect. It’s a question that can’t be answered

Anyone who is developing and spending money and becoming a sponsor should be given the benefit of doubt. If their product is crap it will quickly become self evident and they will sink. The fact they are risking their reputation here and willing to stand behind their product (even if not much different from the other systems out there) automatically puts them infront of the other internet sellers out there already in my eyes.

Great ...
Go for it and let us know how things work out.
much appreciated.

Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by carputech
Hello!

Thanks for your questions.

1. We usually put it under the center console. This depends on the specific car model and system, as well as the wiring method of our products. You can take a photo for us when installing our products, and we will tell you where the best position is. But our customers rarely ask this question, they basically put the product according to the length of their wires.
Our products can work normally in an environment of -40°~85°, so you can put it behind the host or under the center console. We have not yet received any feedback from customers that the product is affected by heat dissipation problems.
2. Each manufacturer's products are different, and we do not have this setting. Our product is just a carplay plug-in, you can switch between your original system and the carplay interface at will.
3. Our products basically support the steering wheel buttons for track advance and go back. So far, we have not had any Jaguar car users report to us that these two buttons are unavailable. Of course, there may be a few cars that do not support this function.
Welcome to ask any questions, and welcome customers who have purchased our products to share feedback on the installation and use of our products here, whether positive or negative. Thank you!
CARPUTECH - Does your Bosch-compatible version (i.e. 2015, 2016) also have this issue that's found in other similar systems: "...the touch screen stops responding if vehicle DYNAMIC MODE is selected, and is in 'USER' configuration? (example: Engine=dynamic; Steering=normal; Transmission=dynamic; Steering=normal"

Last edited by Bierry; Today at 08:37 AM.
Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM
Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Can you provide me with info regarding shipping to Canada, what kind of brokerage fees I should expect, who you ship through and also how warranty replacements are handled from Canada?
Thanks,

Old Today, 03:27 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tayls77
Can you provide me with info regarding shipping to Canada, what kind of brokerage fees I should expect, who you ship through and also how warranty replacements are handled from Canada?
Thanks,
Hello,
For Canada orders, we usually use uniuni or canadapost.
We cover all shipping and customs charges. 4-7 days to arrive.
If there is any replacements or returns in half a year, you only need to help us pack our product well and return it to us. You do not need to bear any other costs.

Old Today, 06:46 AM
Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Great thanks!

Old Today, 08:40 AM
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

CARPUTECH - Does your Bosch-compatible version (i.e. 2015, 2016) also have this issue from other vendors' Carplay/Android systems for the F Type: Touch screen stops responding if vehicle's DYNAMIC MODE is selected, and is in 'USER' configuration (example: Engine=dynamic; Steering=normal; Transmission=dynamic; Steering=normal)?

Quick Reply: CarPlay retrofit for F-Type