Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paramount/VIEZU new cold air intake system

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM
Received 210 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Paramount/VIEZU new cold air intake system

Hi Guys,
here is the new cold air intake system link.
https://paramount-performance.com/ja...uction-system/

The following 3 users liked this post by Turko:
BruceTheQuail (Yesterday), Luc Lapierre (Yesterday), Supersprint Sport Exhausts (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,294 Likes on 892 Posts

ooooh I'd do it just for the sound, that clip was fantastic.

I've had some paramount parts on other Jags, I thought it was good stuff.

The following users liked this post:
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM
Received 188 Likes on 109 Posts

Looks and sounds fantastic.

For those of us in North America, who have the perfectly adequate Mina Gallery kit available for less than half the price (before shipping, even), I can't see how the Paramount kit would make sense, however.

Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

Does the Mina kit enhance the noise as well? I dont really need added performance but I am a bit of a nut for noise.

Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
Does the Mina kit enhance the noise as well? I dont really need added performance but I am a bit of a nut for noise.
Yes it certainly does. Just got mine fitted two days ago, and it's a riot!

Here are a few clips (of other people's cars) that I found on YouTube:

BruceTheQuail (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,216 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Sure does!
I fitted the Mina lower system (not the upper metal pipes) about two years ago now and it made a yuuuge difference to the SC whine, it went from barely audible to 747 taking off!
Dunno about any extra horsepowers or torques, maybe a few but most likely a placebo effect.

BruceTheQuail (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for that, I will take fat sound over hp any day! Have already reached out to my performance guys, needing some sound goodness after Jag murdered the note last year during a service.

Just adding to that, are the cones in any protection to stop water being sucked in?

Last edited by BruceTheQuail; Yesterday at 09:13 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for that, I will take fat sound over hp any day! Have already reached out to my performance guys, needing some sound goodness after Jag murdered the note last year during a service.

Just adding to that, are the cones in any protection to stop water being sucked in?
The cones don't come standard with any water protection, but from memory when you order the kit you can add optional mesh "socks" (which I did not) which supposedly protect against water inhalation.
Heavy rain is rare in these parts and I take care not to drive through any deep water or puddles so I have had zero water problems.
There is another thread around here somewhere discussing mesh socks for cone filters, there are plenty of options and you just need to find the right size (if you can't order them with the Mina kit that is).

BruceTheQuail (Today)
Old Today, 01:15 AM

Mina Gallery do not offer pre filters; you'd need to buy them separately.
​​​​​​
This is what they told me when I enquired:

Nevertheless, since we can sometimes get very heavy rains where I live, I opted for the prefilters (I don't necessarily plan to drive in heavy rain, but there's always the chance of being caught out).
​​​​​​
Here are the ones I bought: AEM 1-4007

Here they are fitted over the Mina Gallery cones:

The following 2 users liked this post by Luc Lapierre:
BruceTheQuail (Today), OzXFR (Today)
Old Today, 02:26 AM
Received 174 Likes on 85 Posts

I had the mina kit but swapped it out for the VIEZU one
mush better fit and no metal to heatsoak

BruceTheQuail (Today)
Old Today, 02:44 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gasman2
I had the mina kit but swapped it out for the VIEZU one
mush better fit and no metal to heatsoak
ahhhh...but which has the bigger amount of SC whine? I hate to be bogan/redneck/chav but that is the priority for me...

Old Today, 02:47 AM
Veteran Member

ahhhh...but which has the bigger amount of SC whine? I hate to be bogan/redneck/chav but that is the priority for me...
Most likely you could not tell the difference in SC whine volume between the two seeing as the basic design is much the same.

BruceTheQuail (Today)
Old Today, 04:00 AM
Received 135 Likes on 92 Posts

I’ve got the Yellow Wolf lower on mine and can only hear the whine when dynamic is off…so if you drive with dynamic on, you may not hear it as a driver, if that matters to you.

BruceTheQuail (Today)
Old Today, 01:59 PM

I seem to recall Connor of Skrrt Garage commenting that his Yellow Wolf intake gave only a moderate increase in supercharger whine.

At any rate I don't think Yellow Wolf is around anymore? I looked around briefly while shopping and couldn't find anything.

The 5:30 mark in this video gives a good idea of what the Mina intake is like: unobtrusive for civil in-town driving; gradually more noticeable the more you push the engine. Matches exactly with my experience.

BruceTheQuail (Today)
Old Today, 03:56 PM
Received 386 Likes on 176 Posts

Mina Gallery has long been the only player in this space (Eventuri discontinued their offering due to low sales, although at $1900 that could have been why). And it was just for the lower (not upper) intake kit. Yellow Wolf was also a home-grown solution and I believe once the owner sold his F-Type (I almost bought it from him oddly enough) he was done making them. Paramount's option is nice (no heat soak, but ugly if that matters to you and rather expensive for rubber hoses). I get it R&D costs money, but still the price point seems high to me.

Enter @Stuart@VelocityAP Long rumored to be working on things, I have it on pretty good authority they will be releasing soon a full carbon intake kit. All the benefits of non-metal to prevent heat soak, tried and trusted vendor, if all carbon, then it has to be much better looking cosmetically. Price I have heard would be higher than Paramount, lower than what Eventuri used to charge for just the lower portion. Couple this with a vendor you can trust, I think it is safe to say, if you are looking for an intake solution to wait just a little bit longer. I have been told is coming "very soon."

Last edited by skizot; Today at 03:57 PM.
Old Today, 04:43 PM
Received 210 Likes on 117 Posts
Default skizot .....

I have the Eventuri cold air intake system.

https://www.eventuri.net/technology/

The system is complete upper piping and lower section connected to the air filters. The upper piping is the same type of black plastic used as the OEM air filter box plastic material. The carbon fiber section is the lower air filter section. And my humble opinion, metal piping is the worst due to heat soak issues.

Last edited by Turko; Today at 04:48 PM.
JgaXkr (Today)
Old Today, 04:48 PM
Received 135 Likes on 92 Posts

yes, my experience is the same as Connor’s. The Yellow Wolf one is just the lower pipes and filter. The video you have is for the full kit including the upper so I can see that also contributing to the added sound. He doesn’t show the difference between dynamic versus standard though…that would have been nice to hear.

Originally Posted by Luc Lapierre
I seem to recall Connor of Skrrt Garage commenting that his Yellow Wolf intake gave only a moderate increase in supercharger whine.

https://youtu.be/zEqGEO961LY?si=0dUHaCJAKxfGAUzu

At any rate I don't think Yellow Wolf is around anymore? I looked around briefly while shopping and couldn't find anything.

The 5:30 mark in this video gives a good idea of what the Mina intake is like: unobtrusive for civil in-town driving; gradually more noticeable the more you push the engine. Matches exactly with my experience.

https://youtu.be/G147nn2AmTA?si=HvxKQk56pEk_wUl_

Old Today, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by skizot

Enter @Stuart@VelocityAP Long rumored to be working on things, I have it on pretty good authority they will be releasing soon a full carbon intake kit. All the benefits of non-metal to prevent heat soak, tried and trusted vendor, if all carbon, then it has to be much better looking cosmetically. Price I have heard would be higher than Paramount, lower than what Eventuri used to charge for just the lower portion. Couple this with a vendor you can trust, I think it is safe to say, if you are looking for an intake solution to wait just a little bit longer. I have been told is coming "very soon."

​​​​​I personally got tired of waiting. VAP is certainly my preferred aftermarket vendor, however

(1) Mina is afforable and available,
​​​​​(2) I primarily wanted more SC whine, and
(3) I'm not so worried about the heat issues, particularly if I'm out for a fun drive on the bendy country roads (I figure the incoming air simply won't have time to heat up enough to rob a noticeable amount of power).

Also I think shiny things look nice 😁

Perhaps if the VAP intake ever makes it to the market I might consider an upgrade in a year or two, depending on my long-term impressions of the Mina kit.

Last edited by Luc Lapierre; Today at 05:23 PM.
sov211 (Today)