Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 F-type R, Infotainment screen and climate control not lighting up

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2024, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 F-type R, Infotainment screen and climate control not lighting up

Hi All,

I recently purchased the carplay box from Aliexpress for my 2016 F-type R with Bosch system. Everything was going fine with installation (I didn't disconnect the battery during installation), I reconnected everything correctly and started the car up and the screen lit up and I was able to connect to carplay briefly. Then all of a sudden, the screen goes black, the climate control knobs also don't light up anymore. I thought it was the carplay box's problem. So I disconnected the carplay box and reconnected the original cables in the center console and in between the seats in the back. But when I go back to start the car, the screen and the climate controls still didn't have power. Note: The gauge cluster is completely fine and showing no errors, the center climate vents still rise and lower normally. So now I have fully reassembled the car and tried disconnecting the battery's ground end and letting it sit for 3 minutes and then reconnecting it. But the screen and climate controls still don't light up at all. The only thing lit up in the climate controls is the hazard button. When I try pressing the hazard button, my double blinkers still go on. What could have gone wrong with the car? Did I fry a fuse or should I take it to a Jaguar dealer to see what they can do or diagnose? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 08-03-2024, 02:13 AM

As you can see here, the hazard light is on and the button turns on the double blinkers fine

Old 08-03-2024, 06:43 AM
Received 139 Likes on 86 Posts

Sounds like no power to the screen and climate controls. Did you double check that all the power cables are properly connected and that the connectors are seated all the way in? Can you hear if your infotainment head unit starts up? Don't know how it is with the older systems, but in my MY18 car I can hear when the system starts through something that sounds like a small fan in the head unit behind the seats.

I had a similar issue when I installed my UAD kit. Everything worked briefly at first but the next time I turned things on my main screen was dead and the head unit didn't even start. Climate controls were unaffected though. Turned out that I hadn't pushed the power connector in the head unit in deep enough because it was so damn hard to reach back there. Once I unplugged and reconnected the power connector until I could feel that it was all the way in all was good.

The following users liked this post:
Carbuff2 (08-03-2024)
Old 08-03-2024, 01:00 PM

The power cable and climate cable all clicked properly though, I heard the audible click. Especially because the hazard lights do work so I doubt that's the issue

Old Today, 10:05 AM
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I would look at the fuse box, maybe the new unit has an issue and is drawing too much current. Sorry I am not sure which fuse panel controls the radio.