XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Electric problems solved

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Electric problems solved

Hi all, I'm new at this Jag stuff,but accidentally figured out my problems with the electrical problems. I was having issues with the hood as they call it in the u k Canadians probably say the roof or soft top. Ha. Well I had this fault code telling me that the hood was not latched and the back windows would not close. I was led to believe it was the relays as such I wou manually retract or close the back windows. Untill one day I noticed some wirering hanging down under the glove compartment. I looked around under the dash to see if anything was unplugged nothing seemed out of place except I did see a strapping that fell to the floor and so I stuffed everything back up into place. I then noticed no fault code's so I thought well I will put back the window relays and lo and behold it's all been working well since. No fault code's and even the rear view mirror works now at night properly.
I only now have to work out my head light issue on the passenger side no low beam any suggestions what to look for.?
James

Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats on solving the electrical gremlins! Those can be so frustrating. for the headlight, maybe try swapping the bulbs from left to right? if the problem moves, it's probably just a burnt-out bulb. if not, could be wiring or the headlight assembly itself.

Old Today, 03:50 AM
Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts

Make sure that the access panel is still in place on the wheel well liner. Mine was missing when I bought the car and moisture and dirt had worked its way onto the back of the headlight and may have caused the failure. I got a replacement panel from AutoReserve in the UK, fitted a new lamp, cleaned the connectors and all was good.