XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Multiple Issues Looking for Solutions X250 3L Petrol

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Multiple Issues Looking for Solutions X250 3L Petrol

Currently own an X250 2011 3L Petrol Version (AJ30 Engine)
Have had no major issues in the past several years I've owned it.
However in the past year or so various issues have started popping up, didn't seem major at first but they have slowly started effecting my driving.

Issues:
1. Low battery sign, often the car shows low battery on the stereo screen for example (Low battery car will turn off in 2mins), Mechanic a 4 years ago said its a normal message these cars get and it can be ignored.
2. Sometimes the car just suddenly has no power, it has not happened while I'm driving, but I will go to unlock the car and it won't unlock nether will it start or turn on at all, I wait around for 5-10 minutes and it works all of a sudden.
3. The key has stopped unlocking the driver side door 60% of the time (still unlocks the rest of the doors) also some times when I press the lock button the car will flash its lights but won't actually lock doors or fold in mirrors car still sounds alarm when door is opened in this state.
4. Sometimes a message appears on the screen saying please apply park brake with a constant beeping, usually parking turning the car on and off a few times removes this.
5. Car does not accelerate properly, if I put my foot down the car maxes out at around 4500-5000RPM, car struggles to reach 100kms because of this, I have to resort to using tiptronic to get up speed.

Ruled out possibilities
1. 0 Codes showing on scan - At home scan done and mechanic scan done.
2. Battery has been replaced twice since issues started occurring (can confirm the current battery meets jaguars requirements and has no issues).
3. All fuses are in good order (have replaced most just to be sure).
4. Car can reach high rpms in Neutral no problem, its only in drive that it struggles.
5. Car has clean oil, and plenty of coolant, oil filter changed regularly.
6. Key Fob has been replaced have two, so I can confirm key issues are with the vehicle not the keys.

I would really appreciate any advise on any of these issues and potential solutions. I haven't been able to find much on this model when browsing the net.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Old Today, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 435 Likes on 319 Posts

You're battery has not gone through the reset procedure used by SDD or Icarsoft v3, soon I'll be making a video on battery reset