XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Windshield Wiper Blade Help

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper Blade Help

OK, first post so go easy on me.

I needed to get some replacement wipers for my new (to me) 2013 XK. I started off going to Autozone (generic auto parts store here in the US for those reading this in the UK) near me and the nice lady there promptly sold me some Duralast Flex's in 22" (driver's side), and 21" (passenger). I think, "easy peasy", J-hooks attached in less than a minute and no problem, so I drive away.

Problem is it didn't look right. The height of the J-Attachment point was SO high, and I mean about an inch higher than before, that the wiper arm occluded my sight line across the hood. I thought I could get past it but can't. I don't want to be staring all the time at windshield wiper arms rising up from my hood right in my line of vision. So I drove back, returned them and kept my old ones because she didn't have anything low profile like my existing.

Getting home, I googled "low profile" wipers and the only ones that came up are the Denso 160-3122 and 160-3121, but according to the fitment guides, these fit a Lexus and a Honda of some sort. So I'm not sure if these will fit and shipping from a company that has them in stock is quite expensive just due to the odd size.

I took the old ones off but there's no brand name, just "LD 05L" and "LP16L" (?, I think, it's hard to read that second one).

Can anyone tell me what they use? Maybe even just refills (if you can get those anymore?) I could put on these for now. I tried doing a search on this topic here and folks are saying use Bosch Icon, other name brands, etc. but I looked we looked at most of those at the store and the brackets make them sit just as high and the Duralasts.

Am I missing something?

Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,325 Likes on 3,466 Posts

See this old thread:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...blades-201878/

Lots of choices on Amazon.

Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That gave me the OEM part numbers I needed, I'll just go that route, thanks!

Old Today, 03:11 AM
Received 225 Likes on 113 Posts

When I replaced mine I found the various online sources so contradictory that I ended up springing for original parts ordered from SNG Barratt. The most expensive wiper blades I've ever bought but perfect of course.

Old Today, 05:10 AM
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by justinhill
When I replaced mine I found the various online sources so contradictory that I ended up springing for original parts ordered from SNG Barratt. The most expensive wiper blades I've ever bought but perfect of course.
+1