F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone recognize this wrecked F-Type V8 S from Missouri?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 09:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone recognize this wrecked F-Type V8 S from Missouri?

VIN: SAJWA6GL9EMK06008

I'm hunting for a donor engine. Apparently, at one point it had a TAPA engine put in but the shop that did the swap said the new engine had a lot of problems after the swap. They thought it may of had another engine put in but it's not on carfax. Just trying to figure out if it's worth buying for the engine or maybe it had another rebuilt one put in.

Thanks

Old Today, 01:18 PM
Received 143 Likes on 101 Posts

So the place where you bought the car is not taking any responsibility for what has happened? Someone asked you that in another thread, but I don’t recall you answering. Surely you must have some recourse? Even if they were only pay part of the repair in a worse case it sure would help.

Old Today, 01:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DMeister
So the place where you bought the car is not taking any responsibility for what has happened? Someone asked you that in another thread, but I don’t recall you answering. Surely you must have some recourse? Even if they were only pay part of the repair in a worse case it sure would help.
I'm not 100% sure how it's going to play out. If I don't hear anything by the middle of next week, I'm going to hire a lawyer. That could take years to play out though so I'd like to get the car running in the mean time. At this point they(the dealership I bought it from) have had the car about a month. Last I heard from them was two weeks ago and they were trying to get a diagnosis/quote on fixing it.

Old Today, 02:50 PM
Received 143 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by AldoRaine
I'm not 100% sure how it's going to play out. If I don't hear anything by the middle of next week, I'm going to hire a lawyer. That could take years to play out though so I'd like to get the car running in the mean time. At this point they(the dealership I bought it from) have had the car about a month. Last I heard from them was two weeks ago and they were trying to get a diagnosis/quote on fixing it.
So there are no clear state laws involved here, or conditions of the sale, that will for sure obligate them to take responsibility?

Sounds like you are saying they are leaving it really open and not making it perfectly clear that they will do right by you.

Regardless, I feel for ya man. Everyone’s worst fear playing out for you right now. Sorry again for your troubles.

bah