XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006

Injector and S/C Job!

Search this Thread

Old Today, 05:58 PM
Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Question Injector and S/C Job!

Hi all! Never a dull moment in the garage. I am working to restore a 2001 XKR Coupe, and one of the (many) things on my list is the injectors. My mindset runs along the lines of "If I'm taking all this apart, I might as well do this..and this...and this." Preventative maintenance for the win!
Car sounds like a diesel truck. A 7.3 liter semi beast with atrocious rod knock. Ok that's a little dramatic, but compared to the 4 Jags I've had previously, the tick is much more audible. I've listened to it with stethoscope and it is mainly the injector for cylinder #3, and the noise of the metal solenoid opening and closing. The car had been sitting for about 6 years before I got it, and I've replaced a lot already, but I haven't gone into the S/C yet. It's had SeaFoam, injector cleaner, etc, and not a huge change. I also have 5w40 in it as a thicker option than 5w30, but no luck. I've had the car checked out by a (real) Jaguar mechanic and there isn't anything wrong with it, but the tick is slowly driving me crazy.

So my question is...while I have everything off what should I replace and/or upgrade? So far my list goes as follows...

From FCP Euro
-Bosch 010 Intercooler pump (upgraded version another forum member recommended for better cooling) $150.99 - Link
-Injectors (all 8 GB Remanufactured- refundable core fee of $200) $288.72 - Link
-Intake Plenum Gasket (supercharger air intake gasket) $30.89 - Link
-Supercharger Gasket $10.69 - Link

From British Parts UK (Hopefully it will ship to Cali, only valley hoses I can find)
-Engine valley heater return / feed hose and valve kit $31.01 plus shipping - Link

From eBay
-Upgraded Upper Pulley 10% $175 Link
-Intake Gaskets (2) $29.15 Link

From Local Shops
-Porting of Supercharger
-Powder coating Supercharger (Snout, Intake, Etc)
Still considering both based on the prices I get quoted from the shops. I have access to a sandblaster which will make powder coating cheaper. I still have to research deeper into porting the supercharger, but so far I am seeing that it reduces heat and increases power. YAY!

I have to replace my ABS module first, so I have time to ponder this job and prepare the necessary tools and parts. My main questions is what other things should I add to the list, what should be changed if anything, and if there's something I should be aware or cautious of. I can't find much information on removing the supercharger, but I haven't looked very hard into it yet.