X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant Crossover Pipe repoacement.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2024, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Crossover Pipe repoacement.

i've found a coolant leak somewhere in this area of the motor where it all pools up inside of the valley of the motor. i believe its this coolant crossover pipe, but have no clue on how to remove it from the motor.

is it possible its just the outlet hose that I've already taken off that is leaking? I checked the O-Ring and it was pretty badly deteriorated.

Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

I had a coolant leak that was doing the same exact thing pooling in the same place that is. Where it was actually coming from? Was that other three-way? Aluminum elbow just to the left of the motor. There's a coolant hose the transverses from the right and then comes around and meets that elbow which then goes down into the motor. I, like you, thought it was coming from the same place but when I did a pressure test on it it was very apparent immediately. I just hadn't properly tightened the hose clamp. I know that a good coolant pressure tester can be somewhat expensive, but it's one of the most "worth it" tools that I own and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Especially for something so vital as coolant. I guarantee you if you get a proper coolant pressure tester, you will find the issue near immediately. And I'm not talking about the schwaben one either. This is the one I had for a while and then I realized when I finally bit the bullet and got a better one. How terrible that one is.

This one is the one I can vouch for.

UView 550000 Airlift Cooling System Leak Checker and Airlock Purge Tool Kit https://a.co/d/io0SCgO

You can always rent one from a big box parts store usually as well. Though they are not that much better than the Schwaben one.

Old Today, 03:27 AM
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by AbsoluteJaaaaaaag
i've found a coolant leak somewhere in this area of the motor where it all pools up inside of the valley of the motor...
is it possible its just the outlet hose that I've already taken off that is leaking? I checked the O-Ring and it was pretty badly deteriorated.
99% of the time it's that o-ring. I've had the same symptoms and failure happen one the two X-Types I've had. Looking back in my Amazon order history, it's a Danco #17 O-Ring, and a lack should run you about $3. 1-1/16 in. OD x 7/8 in. ID.