XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992

Experience with Headliner World eBay seller

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Experience with Headliner World eBay seller

Just wanted to convey my experience trying to purchase a headliner from the eBay seller Headliner World. I believe this is an eBay shop equivalent for jagheadlinings.com (or at least same manufacturing, as they ship from almost the same location).

I was looking for an easy solution for a new headliner for my 1986 XJ6. As others have reported on previously the shipping cost on jagheadlinings.com orders to the United States is really really high - much higher than the headliner itself. For whatever reason through eBay there is some kind of standardized international shipping arrangement that is much lower cost. Headliner was GBP 195.00, shipping was only GBP 86.20.

The order went through and I waited for manufacturing and shipping, which took a few days. I received Pitney Bowes tracking information which showed the headliner leaving the factory and going to the international hub, where it stayed for a couple of days before getting abruptly cancelled and my money was refunded. eBay sent me a notice - here's the quote: "We are writing to inform you that your recent purchase through the Global Shipping Program from [headliner-world] cannot be completed. The item in question has been deemed oversized due to weight and dimensional packaging limitations. The item will not be shipped to you nor returned to your seller."

Not shipped to me nor returned to the seller?? What are they just going to throw it in the trash??

Anyway, forewarning to anyone considering ordering this from eBay. It's still on offer there to the US and it seems other people have managed to successfully buy and receive it, so not sure why my attempt was a failure.

For my part I ended up repairing my old broken headliner board with fiberglass epoxy and actually I'm quite surprised how well it turned out (and saved a lot of money in the end), so perhaps it was for the best:

Last edited by Incipheus; Today at 03:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
yachtmanbuttson (Today)