F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlamps could really sue some help

Search this Thread

Old Today, 08:40 AM
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Headlamps could really use some help

I had posted a couple of threads about this already and could really use some help.
Nutshell - bought a 2016 from a main dealer, first time I drove it at night the headlights seemed to be aimed really low. Lights are the adaptive HID's. I previously owned a 2017 with the same lights and never had the issue. I tried the adjustments and found they were at the maximum height.
Just got it back from the dealer who said the following have discussed with my shop foreman,
He stated the headlights were nearly perfectly aligned from the optics alignment machine we use to confirm the headlights are aligned properly, it was very slightly lower than what it should be, but not much different that it should cause a large impact or difference in lighting the road in front of you.
My shop foreman did state there was not more adjustments that could be made."

My lights do not dip when I start up the car but only move right then back to center, I asked about this as well and received this reply "He stated due to the fact the are the auto cornering headlamps they only go left to right, then re center as opposed to the started dip then raise back to center."

So my questions are as follows, for those of you with these lights to they dip down and then recenter? Do these pictures

look like yours?
Thanks,

Last edited by Tayls77; Today at 03:06 PM.
Old Today, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 607 Likes on 415 Posts

In the first picture: Does the cut-off stay about the same, or slightly drop as you back away? (assuming level ground, of course. AND, the first-gen lights, not the later LEDs that were in the same housings)

That is how ours is adjusted.

The factory spec is a bit low IMO, as it is intended to minimize glare when you go over a crest in the road.

If they are the factory LEDs, the cut-off should STILL be able to be raised to the pattern I mentioned.

Unfortunately, I am not versed in the LED type adjustments, perhaps someone else could chime in.
Found these Topics: HTH

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...lights-208905/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f...stment-267426/

Old Today, 02:28 PM
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes the cutoff reduces as I back away. these are not the LED's but the older HID's. The cuttoff is at it's maximum height.

Old Today, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 607 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by Tayls77
Yes the cutoff reduces as I back away. these are not the LED's but the older HID's. The cuttoff is at it's maximum height.
In that case, dig deeper.

Some Forum members have found broken/loose mounting tabs. Maybe, a shim or washer to reduce the drop-off?