XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

What scanners with IMMO Can do All Keys Lost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Default What scanners with IMMO Can do All Keys Lost?

I recently got a heck of a deal on a 2012 xjl supercharged at an auction. It was a repossession, so one of the first issues is no keys, which is effectively. All keys lost.

For some reason the One and only Jaguar dealer near me said they don't do keys and refered me to an Indy shop who is pretty high scale. Cool dude, but just as $$$ As the dealer would be of course. Both the dealer and this guy seem to act like this situation. Just so uncommon and I know it's not. Well I guess it might be a little uncommon. Just not super rare. Obviously people lose all their keys probably more often than we realize and that doesn't total your car so I don't know what their problem is. Anyhow, I received a quote for about 1,500 bucks for 2 new keys (requires 2, I know), and programming. Not to mention I would have to put it on my hauler. Take it an hour there. Wait for them to finish it, etc. kind of a pain. Then I started thinking well. If I'm going to have to pay that much money I might as well look into getting a new scanner./ iMMO capable tool. I mean, At least this way I would walk away with something for future use and it would be a little easier to swallow. Now don't get me wrong. I knew this before I even bought it. I knew it was going to be pretty expensive. But for what I got it for at the auction, this is no problem for me.

That being said, I did come across specific information that an Autel IM608 Pro can do a 2015 XF with an all leys lost. Saw a video of how it works and seems straight forward. However, I cannot find the specific supported models. I know newer models are much harder, but thinking that the 2012 would be just as simple as this XF. Hopefully at least.

My current go-to tool is an X-Tool D7, which doesn't have this capability. I also have a Mongoose clone and a copy of the 131V and 164V SDD (none of which I have used yet... The reason I have this is because I have yet another 2011 XJ supercharged that I also got at an auction that has some issues but I'm going to use it as a parts vehicle now)

So this is all well and good in theory, but that Autel is like $3000 which makes this look less appealing. However, I realize there are others such as launch and a few others that claim to have this same functionality. Well, actually, I believe they do. However, I'm having problems finding some definitive information that it will work for this particular model that I have. Does anyone know of an immo Device that they know would work for my vehicle if I purchased two OEM keys for an all leys lost situation? Thanks!

https://youtu.be/196sFn5rj0I?si=DYk_MMKnPFw4Zcum

Old 09-19-2024, 09:50 PM
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

In case anyone is at all interested, I decided to try the TopDon T-Ninja Pro. Seems the most reasonable to try first. Many sources claim 2012 XJ All Keys Lost functionality but it's so new (relatively speaking) that I may just be the first person to be testing it out. I also got am HU101 V3 Lishi to to decode the door lock as well.